Tír Eoghain v Corcaigh - Dé Domhnaigh 10iu Márta 2:30pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 04, 2013, 12:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Not a chance John, Colm Cavanagh to plunder the points in the dying seconds with another spectacular against the same opposition!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

johnpower

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 08, 2013, 10:38:30 PM
Not a chance John, Colm Cavanagh to plunder the points in the dying seconds with another spectacular against the same opposition!  ;)

Now Fear you Know who I will be shouting for?

omagh_gael

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 08, 2013, 10:38:30 PM

He was going for a point ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: johnpower on March 08, 2013, 11:34:56 PM
Now Fear you Know who I will be shouting for?

Never even the hint of a sliver of a shadow of a doubt John!  ;)

Fuzzman

I prefict a draw with Cork getting off to a great start.

Fuzzman

HT Tyrone 0-4 Cork 0-8
Playing against the wind but sounds like we're struggling for possession and Petey Harte has missed two goal chances.
We've had 6 wides I think they said.

I think the scorers were...
Ronan O'Neill
Stevie
Coney
Cavanagh free

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

reddgnhand

Long time since I witnessed such a poor Tyrone performance. Cork must have thought this was a training game. Christ I paid £11 in to watch that. Totally  clueless.

Fuzzman

What was wrong with them today?
We always seem to struggle with Cork

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: reddgnhand on March 10, 2013, 05:38:49 PM
Long time since I witnessed such a poor Tyrone performance. Cork must have thought this was a training game. Christ I paid £11 in to watch that. Totally  clueless.

All over the park?

Beantown

That was as poor a performance from Tyrone as I have seen in a long time..
Totally cleaned out in midfield, our half back and half forward lines were non existent .. Why we persisted in booming the kick outs straight down the middle was a mystery. Maybe a bit of variation would have helped the running game we were trying to implement..

Having said that, I was very impressed with Cork. Walsh is a class act, was brilliant today. Canty competes for all the loose ball in midfield which gives Walsh the platform to exhibit all his skills. Cork are strong in defence also, Cadogan was impressive and in Oneill and Kerrigan they have classy forwards who can win their own ball and take impressive scores..

Came home very disappointed with Tyrone but impressed by Cork.

SuperHo

Two words breakinfeckin ball. or is that 3?  Was Kissane really Dooher in disguise??  Good reality check tho.

Redhand Santa

Was very disappointed with the performance today after a bright start to the season. Hopefully its just a blip but it was an awful performance. It reminded me a bit of how we just died when up against tough opposition in the championship in recent years (Dublin 2011, Kerry last year).

As has already been said breaking ball was a huge issue. I'd love to see the stats because it seemed like Cork won about 90% of breaking ball from kickouts. And it wasn't even that we were being out fought as such, the issue was we simply weren't in the right positions to compete. The kickouts kept coming down the middle were in fairness we weren't being out caught but Cork would have 2 or 3 men well positioned in the area and our midfielder would be totally isolated.

Another big problem was we were so defensive but in a brainless way. We'd regularly have 10 or 12 men behind the ball but they weren't working hard enough and weren't picking up men. Cork had oceans of space. We were inviting them onto us and then giving acres of room. Then on the occassions we got the ball back we were far to slow to push out and weren't getting the men forward. The forward play was atrocious at times to and there was a lot of wasted opportunites. Harte probably missed 1-3 of scorable chances alone and Cavanagh missed a few frees and few bad efforts to. Our key players really didn't have good games today.

As I say I hope this was a blip contributed to players getting carried away and the number of changes (including 3 players making 1st start of the season) and not a sign of what is to come later in the season v the big teams. Certainly if we play like this next week Dublin will hammer us. That has become an important game in this stage of the season. Another hammering there would do the confidence no good at all.

In fairness to Conor Gormley today again when under pressure he was probably our best performer.

On another note today I thought like in many other games we came off far worse with the referees decisions. I'd love to have the opinion of a neutral at the match on that one. It certainly didn't cost us the game but didn't do any favours. These Meath refs don't seem to like us.

tyroneman

Kerry match will take on huge significance.

Will be lucky to stay within 10 of Dublin next week and Kildare away will be very tough.

johnpower

Quote from: tyroneman on March 10, 2013, 08:04:37 PM
Kerry match will take on huge significance.

Will be lucky to stay within 10 of Dublin next week and Kildare away will be very tough.

No need to fear Kerry (what date is that match?)