Down v Mayo, Sat 9th March, Páirc Esler - Newry

Started by Farrandeelin, March 03, 2013, 10:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristo 60

Well sure you know yourself Mayo lads get fooled brave and often in Croker..

and anyway ffs its a Friday ffs  :P

Farrandeelin

That Mayo team is hardly inspiring. Only plus I can make of it is AOS back at midfield again. I don't think Barry Moran will have it as easy as he did last August either.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

SHEEDY

it will be interesting to see how down react to last weeks last minute heartbreak. our play last week was in most parts very promising but there was also some shocking mistakes, most of which were punished by cork.
hopefully if we can cut down on the errors we may get our 1st points on the board.
nil satis nisi optimum

muppet

Quote from: western exile on March 08, 2013, 03:33:59 AM
The conversation seems to have gone a bit North Mayo. In that thought....
Let's not forget that Newry is same latitude as Killalla and Bellmullet.
Enjoy your trip east.  8)

Very interesting.

Judging from the line-ups that may be the only thing some of us learn from this match.

MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 08, 2013, 08:16:07 PM
That Mayo team is hardly inspiring. Only plus I can make of it is AOS back at midfield again. I don't think Barry Moran will have it as easy as he did last August either.

Agree. Barry Moran needs games and wouldn t fret about him as long as he has an injury free run. After his injuries,last year was a leap forward for him and should push on this year. still a young man for a big midfielder.

Andy and Dillon are just not available. Likes of O Connor and Regan will be held for U21s if they are nearly match fit. So it s difficult to see what exactly can be done to freshen things up. Vaughan at 6 and higgins at 4 is hardly goin to change now either. That s Horan s call and he s the one to make these decisions.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Aristo 60 on March 08, 2013, 02:53:58 PM
Well sure you know yourself Mayo lads get fooled brave and often in Croker..

and anyway ffs its a Friday ffs  :P

Utter bollix, Mayo have a great record in Croker at all levels. Mayo are far more sucessfull than Dublin against division one opposition at HQ. Mayo are brave in Croker because at every level on average we win and win again there.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

western exile

Aristo didn't get many to bite at his bait   :)

Wet morning in Co. Down. I hope it clears by this evening.
I am looking forward to this one.

From the Bunker

This won't be the stroll in the (Croke) Park, that it was last August. Down have gone out of the Championship meakly the last two seasons. But they have done enough to maintain Division One status and are a different animal at home. They have played three strong teams in Donegal, Tyrone and Cork. Holding their own against all three. This will be tight and if Mayo get the full complement of points, they will not do so easily. Mayo to win - Just!

Farrandeelin

Safe journey to all who are attending. Hopefully the Mayos will be happier on their journey home.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

armaghniac

The prospect of leaving Newry is always pleasant!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

joemamas

Mayo playing poorly, taking too many incorrect options.
Down are incredibly cynical, the amount of dragging off the ball is brutal.
How that was not a red card is mystifying, Ref is and will continue to be intimidated by crowd.

Hardy

That f****n' word should be banned from GAA discussion. Nobody can talk about a game these days without that annoying cliche cropping up.

From the Bunker

Well no worries of Mayo making the play-off's of the League this year. Kildare, Donegal and Cork to come. Donegal and Kildare are at home. Donegal will have more of the cobwebs shaken by then and Kildare are really up for the league. Cork is away and they won't do us any favours, there was no love lost in Castlebar in last year fixture!

Anyway if tonight's result had gone our way it would have probably meant safety in the division. As it stands, Down have gotten hope from this result. Down have Kerry next week, and both teams will see this as an opportunity to get much needed points.

Ironically, I'm beginning to think that Mayo are looking to be more like the Down model of 2010.

cadence

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 09, 2013, 08:48:29 PM
Well no worries of Mayo making the play-off's of the League this year. Kildare, Donegal and Cork to come. Donegal and Kildare are at home. Donegal will have more of the cobwebs shaken by then and Kildare are really up for the league. Cork is away and they won't do us any favours, there was no love lost in Castlebar in last year fixture!

Anyway if tonight's result had gone our way it would have probably meant safety in the division. As it stands, Down have gotten hope from this result. Down have Kerry next week, and both teams will see this as an opportunity to get much needed points.

Ironically, I'm beginning to think that Mayo are looking to be more like the Down model of 2010.

how comes?