Derry V Armagh,Sat March 10th

Started by T Fearon, March 03, 2013, 07:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Who played well for Armagh? Any good stand out performers?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Captain Obvious

A good away point for Armagh need to win the home games against Galway,Louth now.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Orior on March 09, 2013, 09:00:59 PM
Quote from: ranch on March 09, 2013, 08:46:01 PM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on March 09, 2013, 08:33:30 PM

Can somebody shed some light on where Jamie is going?

Travelling Australia, Argentina and Brazil.

Hope he doesnt pick up some dastardly disease
It's ok , the girlfriend is going too ;)

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Onion Bag on March 09, 2013, 09:16:08 PM
Who played well for Armagh? Any good stand out performers?

Stand out performers for me were Clarke, McParland, Kernan, McKeever and Forker. From the games I have seen McParland and Clarke are going to be the big threats this year. What stood out more than them though was everyone wanted to have a go at scoring and we racked up 5 wides in the first 20 minutes. I still think McEvoy should have played a short ball at the end, it almost cost us the game, especially as Derry had all the momentum.

BennyCake

Good game. Draw was the fair result.

James Lavery did well. Won alot of ball. Clarke took some nice scores. It'll be interesting to see how we get on without him.

T Fearon

Definitely the best performance of the season though disturbing that we could not push on from an early 3 point lead in first half and 4 point lead in second half,notwithstanding the loss of Mc Keever.Notable also that three of the Crossmaglen players who started were substituted.Jamie's absence will give management an opportunity to develop an additional strategy than simply hitting every ball towards him even when he's marked tightly/manhandled.

Enjoyable game played at a tempo not too far away from Championship level.

T Fearon

Er I vaguely remember being at a game 7 days ago when Armagh defeated Longford!

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ck on March 10, 2013, 12:58:07 AM
A better performance by Armagh it would seem but are Armagh folk not concerned by the fact that Armagh haven't won a game under Grimley?
Was the win over Longford overturned?

Armaghgeddon

Does anyone travel up from Belfast to Armagh games?

stew

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 10, 2013, 01:01:40 AM
Quote from: ck on March 10, 2013, 12:58:07 AM
A better performance by Armagh it would seem but are Armagh folk not concerned by the fact that Armagh haven't won a game under Grimley?
Was the win over Longford overturned?

More like wishful thinking, today we drew with a very good Derry side, a team on the rise, Grimley will be, given time, very good for Armagh football.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

armaghniac

Armagh started the season poorly enough, but are tending to improve. This is always better than the other way around, like last year when a decent performance in Kerry went on to the Dublin debacle.
McParland is doing well up front, but the defence does not inspire confidence. If Kyle Brennan had taken his goal and Cross were in Croke Park next week, then it would be hard to know.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

onefaircounty

Better performance from Armagh than last week, the championship doesn't seem to be so bad after today's performance even more so now that we had 9 different scorers today in particular. Hopefully McKeever's injury isn't too bad. Couldn't believe my eyes when McEvoy kicked it long in the last minute, could have cost us a valuable point. Not a bad game on the whole, very clean neither team can have many complaints and 32 points scored.

One of the strangest points I've ever seen. By your logic if Armagh had won the kickout and scored he would have been the man rsponsible for the win.

Also ill assume that you watched on TV because those at the games will have noticed long ago that our defenders attempt to make themselves available for short kickouts once in a blue moon.  Which is a problem.  So with no defenders available for a short kick out do you think he should have tried it anyway?

My view on game is that he did well. Good save in first. We destroyed them in ten minutes after break. Lost shape when mckeever went off. Defenders are being pulled all over by opposition forwards  Clarkes free was worth the admission alone. The Derry full forward   I haven't seen much of him in person so far but he has the makings of an outstanding player.

Applesisapples

Impressed with Kevin Dyas these last two games.

onefaircounty

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 10, 2013, 11:59:00 AM
Impressed with Kevin Dyas these last two games.

Me too. But he needs to get on the ball more.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: onefaircounty on March 10, 2013, 08:39:23 AM
Better performance from Armagh than last week, the championship doesn't seem to be so bad after today's performance even more so now that we had 9 different scorers today in particular. Hopefully McKeever's injury isn't too bad. Couldn't believe my eyes when McEvoy kicked it long in the last minute, could have cost us a valuable point. Not a bad game on the whole, very clean neither team can have many complaints and 32 points scored.

One of the strangest points I've ever seen. By your logic if Armagh had won the kickout and scored he would have been the man rsponsible for the win.

Also ill assume that you watched on TV because those at the games will have noticed long ago that our defenders attempt to make themselves available for short kickouts once in a blue moon.  Which is a problem.  So with no defenders available for a short kick out do you think he should have tried it anyway?

My view on game is that he did well. Good save in first. We destroyed them in ten minutes after break. Lost shape when mckeever went off. Defenders are being pulled all over by opposition forwards  Clarkes free was worth the admission alone. The Derry full forward   I haven't seen much of him in person so far but he has the makings of an outstanding player.

I do agree, we could have also won the game, but I think we need to play the odds and defenders need to make themselves available. I guess it is just one of those situations that can be successful or costly. Apart from that the team is improving which is great to see.