Disabled children should be 'put down'.

Started by ziggysego, February 27, 2013, 05:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

ziggy, where's this blog, or do you ned to know the secret handshake to get in?

ONeill

Quote from: laoislad on February 27, 2013, 09:48:28 PM
Quote from: Rudi on February 27, 2013, 09:36:18 PM
Shocking stuff, he should resign. Phil Coulter wrote a great song called "scorn not his simplicity" inspirational stuff. Think it was about his son who had DS, not sure.

Yes he did write it about his son. Personally I don't like the song.
I understand he wrote it about his personal experience with his son but I wouldn't like it taken as fact that all kids with DS are as Coulter described in this song.
Some of the lyrics paint a pretty grim picture of what the child himself was like. This is not true in all or even the majority of kids with DS,especially nowadays.
In saying that he does a good job describing the guilt, fears, and helplessness the parent might feel at the start.

Agree.

I once did think this was a great song, but moreso because of Kelly. The more I listened to it the more I hated it. Embarrassing stuff.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Quote from: Oraisteach on February 28, 2013, 11:07:01 PM
ziggy, where's this blog, or do you ned to know the secret handshake to get in?

Linked in the first post.
Testing Accessibility

BennyHarp

Leeds City council, as part of their budget cuts, proposed cutting free school transport for disabled students and those with learning difficulties. This is bad enough, but the Leader of the council, Keith Wakefield justified the action by saying that the decision was being made in the interests of the students to help them become "more independent". The number of morons that make up local councils in England is shocking and even more disturbing is that they are in charge of huge budgets that have a massive, direct impact on the daily lives of thousands of families.

This idiot in Cornwall is just one in a long, long line of idiots across the country who should not be allowed to be in a position of power.
That was never a square ball!!

Declan

And were continuing in the fine tradition here by scrapping mobility travel allowances as well

Hardy

Quote from: ONeill on February 28, 2013, 11:15:01 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 27, 2013, 09:48:28 PM
Quote from: Rudi on February 27, 2013, 09:36:18 PM
Shocking stuff, he should resign. Phil Coulter wrote a great song called "scorn not his simplicity" inspirational stuff. Think it was about his son who had DS, not sure.

Yes he did write it about his son. Personally I don't like the song.
I understand he wrote it about his personal experience with his son but I wouldn't like it taken as fact that all kids with DS are as Coulter described in this song.
Some of the lyrics paint a pretty grim picture of what the child himself was like. This is not true in all or even the majority of kids with DS,especially nowadays.
In saying that he does a good job describing the guilt, fears, and helplessness the parent might feel at the start.

Agree.

I once did think this was a great song, but moreso because of Kelly. The more I listened to it the more I hated it. Embarrassing stuff.

Always hated it myself.

Fender

Every time I hear this song, I think of my brother!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWRaAF6_WY

Over the year's Iv learned to deal with people's narrow minded remarks, comments and opinions on topic's like this. You just have to accept that they are small people who live in a bubble of self pity and hatred to make themselves feel better. However someone like this who is given air time to voice an opinion like this to a greater audience is, simply put a 'sc**bag' and should not be in a position of public decision making or political power!! That comment should (and I hope) haunt him to his grave!!