NHL 2013

Started by Milltown Row2, February 23, 2013, 07:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

So to help 1B teams to prepare for championship next year you have 2 less games against upper tier type opposition. Promote hurling my arse.

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 02, 2013, 12:54:57 PM
So to help 1B teams to prepare for championship next year you have 2 less games against upper tier type opposition. Promote hurling my arse.

This.

north aontroim gael

Is it not a tad ridiculous that you can potentially win Division 1A and 1B in the same year?

Rossfan

Nothing to do with promoting hurling.
Everything to do with keeping Cork in the top division.
And of course Limerick get in too .
Munster Mafia Rule the GAA as usual.
All they need now is to only allow Munster Refs of games involving Munster teams.( as required by Tony Considine)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Zulu

A tad NAG? There isn't a single thing about this that isn't ridiculous and to hear Bob Ryan thank the dynamic duo of O'Neill and Duffy for all their help just adds insult to injury.

johnneycool

It's calling pulling the ladder up after yourself, now Offaly and Wexford are on the outside pissing in.

AZOffaly

And Antrim and Laois And Westmeath and Carlow. I thought the point was that 1B would give those teams games against Div 1 type teams, and in practice those upper teams would recycle every few years.

Until of course one of the three superpowers found themselves in that boat, particularly when you couldn't guarantee that Limerick wouldn't piss on Cork's parade in the 1B final next spring. So to solve that, promote both of them. It actually makes it easier to get promoted from 1B this year, but the fact that the quality of games is lower is the real issue and they don't give a f**k about that..

north aontroim gael

The sad thing about it is that as soon as Cork were relegated everybody knew that it would happen.  These clowns try to pass it off as a great idea to promote hurling when in fact it shows them up for the corrupt schemers that they are.

Premier Emperor

Restrict the top division to counties who are in double figures in All Ireland wins.

Asal Mor

It's a crooked stroke and one that a lot of posters predicted after Cork went down.  >:(

It does nothing for the weaker counties.

johnneycool

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 03, 2013, 12:22:35 AM
It's a crooked stroke and one that a lot of posters predicted after Cork went down.  >:(

It does nothing for the weaker counties.

Its not meant to and neither is the work of these hurling review committees that Croke park churn out every half dozen years or so as they're heavily loaded with lads from traditional counties who are only looking after their own self interests.

Now we'll have the other hurling counties whose county boards are only/main interested in football voting the thing through.

Muck Savage

After having one of the best leagues in a long time, giving some of so called weaker counties in 1B games against the next tier teams  and helping to raise the level for the weaker counties they go and do this. Leinster and Munster winners came from 1B, the two teams in the 1A relegation playoff in the AI final is that not a sign that there was improvement?
It was one of the more open c'ships in years - back to the dark ages then, wouldn't want to promote hurling!

AZOffaly

I think they are all for promoting hurling as long as it doesn't affect the three untouchables. If Clare went down, or Waterford we'd be ploughing ahead.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 04, 2013, 08:10:14 AM
I think they are all for promoting hurling as long as it doesn't affect the three untouchables. If Clare went down, or Waterford we'd be ploughing ahead.

That's it in a nutshell.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

johnneycool

Good to see Wexford and Offaly raising their voices against it, but where are the rest? Do Laois, Antrim, Carlow not give a f**k, in fact this also has had a detrimental knock on for Down who have been as good as relegated as well, put in a weaker division than they were, but not a word...