Chocolate bars from the 90's

Started by beer baron, February 18, 2013, 11:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

I've a rather odd question to ask but i was chatting with a friend this evening and got talking about different things from our childhood and both of us mentioned a chocolate bar with really hard caramel that would almost pull the teeth out of your head when eating them but for the life of me i can't remember what they were called but i do know they were gorgeous !?

Another one i've just remembered is a giggle bar,think it was chocolate with creamy fudge or something similar in the middle,any of these bars still on sale?

beer baron

Ah no not the chomp,though it was a favourite too as was the orange flavoured version of it called smiley or something similar,the 1 im thinking of was hard as a rock and you'd be chewing on it for 20 minutes  :D

theticklemister

Them reisin chocolate square bar things??

ardchieftain

beer baron

Denn Forever

Quotea chocolate bar with really hard caramel that would almost pull the teeth out of your head when eating them but for the life of me

A Dime bar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83n3X0S_lFE
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Minder

I was in a shop the other day and an oul favourite from my childhood, a macaroon bar, was 95p ffs.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on February 18, 2013, 11:44:38 PM
I was in a shop the other day and an oul favourite from my childhood, a macaroon bar, was 95p ffs.
The were a favourite of mine from Charlie's shop but had one a few months ago and it was so sweet it was poison.

Tony Baloney

Also had one of those pink and white nougat (or nugget!) bars a while back and although sweeter than I remember it was pretty tasty!

laoislad

Anyone remember 54321 bars? I loved them.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ranch

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: beer baron on February 18, 2013, 11:00:38 PM
I've a rather odd question to ask but i was chatting with a friend this evening and got talking about different things from our childhood and both of us mentioned a chocolate bar with really hard caramel that would almost pull the teeth out of your head when eating them but for the life of me i can't remember what they were called but i do know they were gorgeous !?

Another one i've just remembered is a giggle bar,think it was chocolate with creamy fudge or something similar in the middle,any of these bars still on sale?

Sounds a bit like Highland Toffee although that didn't have any chocolate.

beer baron

Jays them highland toffees were a danger too alright,the one i was thinking of was the klipso bar,was packaged similar to the macaroon and paid for a few dentist holidays over the years i'd say  :P. When i was googling i came across another one a big time bar,they were class too.

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!