Three Hours of Sunlight Per Day Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2013

Started by drici, February 17, 2013, 05:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Quote from: Redhand Santa on February 15, 2014, 06:17:39 PM
Can't help but think the ulster team is coming out badly on the refs calls here.

Not a chance, Marty was his usual woeful self but he wasn't overly harsh on Ballinderry.

orangeman

Hard luck Ballinderry.

St Vincent's got the dream start. Full credit to Ballinderry who out it up to their opponents right till the very end.

Mossy was the difference in the end.

But Ballinderry can be very proud of what they've achieved last year and this year they'll be going for 4 in a row. Not many will back against them doing it.

All of a Sludden

Luckily Duffy only has a short drive to Dundalk this evening to rejoin the circus. The man is a clown and should not be allowed to referee an U6 game.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Syferus

Duffy has had a huge run this year, beating many good teams along the way, it's just a pity he won't get a chance to win the Merrigan.

J OGorman

The Duffy Circus once again.

Poor start for the Shamrocks, always chasing the game and too many players had off days. Alot of cynical fouling going unpunished.

Collie Devlin, class act. Best player on the pitch.

The Stallion

Conway was the only Ballinderry player who played well. Young Bell made the most of the poor service he got but didn't feature a lot. McGuckin was roasted, should have been moved out the field or taken off.
Quinn and in the second half Connolly controlled the game.
Poor refereeing, harsh on Ballinderry, but Vincent's were much better.

Captain Obvious

Good game the best side won. How does the Duffys continue to get key club and county games?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: All of a Sludden on February 15, 2014, 06:29:59 PM
Luckily Duffy only has a short drive to Dundalk this evening to rejoin the circus. The man is a clown and should not be allowed to referee an U6 game.

Didn't see the game, but agree 100%.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

orangeman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 15, 2014, 06:50:05 PM

Is he really that bad ?

Syferus

Quote from: orangeman on February 15, 2014, 06:51:48 PM

Is he really that bad ?

Once you get Duff you don't go back (into the championship).

straightred

Quote from: orangeman on February 15, 2014, 06:51:48 PM

Is he really that bad ?

He was as bad today as ever. I don't think Ballinderry got one free all day that wasn't very hard earned. I think the best team won but I wouldn't be 100% sure either such was Duffy's ineptitude.

Wildweasel74

the best team did win on the day,i thought Ballinderry would have line up differently, hold muldoon back to the 2nd half, who was fairly good today, play nevin at fullback and mcguckin at wingback where he had a great year up today. Conway was very good for Ballina
derry and probably their best player this year

Throw ball

Think the best team won. Ballinderry did not look as fit or sharp as Vincents. Thought Ryan Bell looked dangerous every time he got the ball, similarly Quinn for Vincents.

Watched both matches today. Although I thought Reilly made mistakes when his performance is put up against Duffys he is quite clearly a superior referee. Great viewing on TG 4 all the same.

INDIANA

Quote from: Throw ball on February 15, 2014, 08:49:06 PM
Think the best team won. Ballinderry did not look as fit or sharp as Vincents. Thought Ryan Bell looked dangerous every time he got the ball, similarly Quinn for Vincents.

Watched both matches today. Although I thought Reilly made mistakes when his performance is put up against Duffys he is quite clearly a superior referee. Great viewing on TG 4 all the same.

Hard luck to Balinderry its awful hard losing semi finals and finals at this stage after 14-15 months training. Heart goes out to them. And I genuinely mean that

Expected more from Balinderry if I'm honest. Got the match ups and tactics all wrong which In can't believe considering their management team.

Game was over after 10 minutes really. After that we only had to keep the points ticking over. Balinderry were just too pourous at the back and had a serious lack of pace in some sectors which I was again surprised at.

Collie Devlin, Bell and Mc Kindless up front are class though. Derry could have a very tasty forward line this year. But they needed some of their class at the back.

Usual suspects turned up for us and a couple of our younger lads in Gav Burke, Concaar and Cameron Diamond showed up every well.

imtommygunn