St Brigids v Ballymun St Patricks Day 2013

Started by orangeman, February 16, 2013, 05:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

I think a good dose of Valium would do you all the good in the world Syf  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

emmetryan

Hi lads,

Finally got video together analysing St Brigid's and Cross. You can check it out here http://action81.com/blog/?p=6783

Emmet
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

macdanger2

Good luck Brigids, hope ye go on and win it

Lar Naparka

Here's hoping Cake gets an All-Ireland medal.
Nobody deserves one more than him.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

macdanger2

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 26, 2013, 01:12:14 AM

Have you been hitting the sherry again Lar???!!!!!

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 26, 2013, 01:12:14 AM

You mean two  :)

Cake already has an AI medal from playing on the AI-winning Roscommon junior team of 2000.

Rossie11

Quote from: Rossfan on February 25, 2013, 10:48:11 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 24, 2013, 11:22:14 PM
Terrifying?

Live affirming??
Welcome to Syferusland where any word can be taken out of the sky and put anywhwere  ::)
My favourite Cake game of all time was that mad replay day in Markievicz in 2004 when he scored 1-1 - a penalty and a free from the sideline about 50 metres out.
Did he save a penalty that evening too -- or am I thinking of a save from Savage in Ballinasloe when he did a mad dance on the line and also shook hands with Savage before he took the kick???  ;D
Yeah Derek Savage missed the peno. Cake tried the same trick V Sligo but Taylor scored and went in to shake his hand as cake fetched the ball from the net..

I remember a club league game in Castlerea back in 92 round same time as the Euros were on in Sweden. He was playing in the forwards and a long ball was hoofed up to him. Cake came running out to gather it with a defender chasing him. Instead of catching it he let the ball bounce, dummied it through his legs, spun round and went tearing after it leaving the defender on his ass. He gathered the ball and lobbed it over for a point.. In fairness it was a class score.. He wasn't finished though.. He started doing handstands down the sideline in celebration.
As the reporter in Ross herald said, the celebration would have been out of place at the soccer tournament never mind in front of 40 people on a pitch at the back of Castlerea mart!!!

Syferus

What do the Armagh posters think about Paudie Hughes as a ref?

johnpower

While I would normally have great time for Roscommon football I did not like the tactics they applied in the semi final especially the shite their manager has spouted over the years.

Syferus

Quote from: johnpower on March 08, 2013, 09:44:56 PM
While I would normally have great time for Roscommon football I did not like the tactics they applied in the semi final especially the shite their manager has spouted over the years.

You mean the tactics that lead Cross to become the best club side of all-time, then.

Brigid's were the first team since 2009 that hung with Cross physically, tactically and mentally. If you expected anything less than a game of hard tackling and minimal space and slowing the ball down high up the field then you didn't know either side.

McStay is a decent sort willing to put his money where his mouth is, which is more than you could ever say about almost all the other talking heads.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Syferus on March 08, 2013, 09:57:56 PM

You mean the tactics that lead Cross to become the best club side of all-time, then.

Brigid's were the first team since 2009 that hung with Cross physically, tactically and mentally. If you expected anything less than a game of hard tackling and minimal space and slowing the ball down high up the field then you didn't know either side.

McStay is a decent sort willing to put his money where his mouth is, which is more than you could ever say about almost all the other talking heads.

Who all will be coming back into the Roscommon panel after the Club Final, Sennan Kilbride , Karol Mannion, many others? Frankie Dolan, would be ever get a recall, or too old.

Rossfan

Supposed to be 9 Brids - 2 Kilbrides, Mannion, Domican, Ronan Stack, Niall Grehan that I'm aware of.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 08, 2013, 10:15:18 PM
Supposed to be 9 Brids - 2 Kilbrides, Mannion, Domican, Ronan Stack, Niall Grehan that I'm aware of.

Would expect Darren Dolan to be one of them too. Very talented player who showed a lot of maturity in the Cross game while Cathal McHugh was on the panel and if he's wants it I'm sure he'd be back on it in a heartbeat after St. Paddy's Day.

To Rodney: Mango, the two Kilbrides and Dom are probably all championship starters. I think the other Brigid's lads' chances suffer because few managers are willing to throw players they've not been able able to look at closely during the league and Brigids' back-to-back-to-back Connacht titles has meant there is probably untapped talent for the county team to mine.

Frankie's still among the six best (ok, probably three best) forwards in the county and himself and Senan K would probably make just as good a duo at inter-county but he's done with the county team. It'll always be one of those great what-ifs for us, he's probably playing as well as ever at 34 and his football brain is among the best we've ever produced.

Quote from: hardstation on March 08, 2013, 10:19:51 PM
The Cynical Cute Cnut Cake Curran Could Count in the CĂșl for the 'Common?

His kick-outs are a thing of beauty and we could use that sort of finesse to give our midfield players a better chance to win ball. Claffey's a fantastic shot stopper and good in the air so if they could get Cake to give him some of his tricks that don't involve soloing the ball to the '45 it'd be a help ;D

johnpower

Quote from: Syferus on March 08, 2013, 09:57:56 PM

Not doubting your boys at all just questioning his Pious carry on on the Sunday game

ranch

Quote from: Syferus on March 08, 2013, 09:40:52 PM
What do the Armagh posters think about Paudie Hughes as a ref?

He's not bad, gets some unfair criticism.