Oscar Pistorius

Started by BennyHarp, February 14, 2013, 07:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on February 20, 2013, 04:13:56 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 20, 2013, 04:02:41 PM
The facts are not in question here, simply the 'interpretation' of these facts.  There was a case simliar in some respects.  In 2004, former Springbok rugby player Rudi Visagie awoke to the sound of his car driving away in the predawn hours. He opened fire with a handgun at the car, fatally wounding the driver _ who turned out to be his 19-year-old daughter, Maryle. After an investigation, however, prosecutors declined to press charges on what they described as "humanitarian grounds."  While this case is different you can see what the Defence are going to push as a precedent.  I can't see it staking up as his defence though, as there seems to be a bot of history of domestic violence and also previous incidents of rage over a woman.  Also, it will not just be him on trial but the South African legal system.  I don't think it will easy for him to get off, much will depend on who the jury believes most.  He should be granted bail though tomorrow, it's not like he will do a runner :P  ( Bad taste, I know, but couldn't resist!)

That case is similar enough to his story that the cynic in me thinks having his lawyer on the scene so early may have something to do with it

Remarkable that the lawyer made it before the cops.
MWWSI 2017

SLIGONIAN

Here's the question in my head about this, if he thought it was an intruder in the bathroom, wouldn't he shout or scream, "I've got a gun get the fck out of my House" he would definitely said something,she would of answered for sure,  the other thing is he shot her 4times, surely she would of screamed, then he would of heard her on the first bullet for sure, why shoot 3more times. I think he's guilty. You don't shoot 4 times by accident and not hear the other person at all. Also this place had the highest security in SA. Anyone think the same?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

muppet

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 20, 2013, 05:39:28 PM
Here's the question in my head about this, if he thought it was an intruder in the bathroom, wouldn't he shout or scream, "I've got a gun get the fck out of my House" he would definitely said something,she would of answered for sure,  the other thing is he shot her 4times, surely she would of screamed, then he would of heard her on the first bullet for sure, why shoot 3more times. I think he's guilty. You don't shoot 4 times by accident and not hear the other person at all. Also this place had the highest security in SA. Anyone think the same?

Apparently there hadn't been a burglary there in 5 years.

I think he has serious anger management issues which, given 12 months, the prosecution will have loads of proof of this. I think he snapped and shot her knowing it was her but in a fit of some crazed rage.

Even if everything he said was true surely he can't go firing his gun in his apartment en suite, in the dark, through a closed door, without establishing if his partner is safe?
MWWSI 2017

Puckoon

Quote16.10 I grabbed my 9mm pistol from underneath my bed. On my way to the bathroom I screamed words to the effect for him/them to get out of my house and for Reeva to phone the police. It was pitch dark in the bedroom and I thought Reeva was in bed.

I dunno about Oscar, but when I go within inches of the bathroom door when herself is in there, she lets me know to come no further. Surely if he yelled she would have replied that it was her, and to chill the feckin beans and get back to bed?

imtommygunn

Quote from: muppet on February 20, 2013, 05:44:22 PM

Apparently there hadn't been a burglary there in 5 years.

I think he has serious anger management issues which, given 12 months, the prosecution will have loads of proof of this. I think he snapped and shot her knowing it was her but in a fit of some crazed rage.

Even if everything he said was true surely he can't go firing his gun in his apartment en suite, in the dark, through a closed door, without establishing if his partner is safe?

For his story to be true he has to be either a) completely and utterly stupid or b) to have seriously crapped himself.

Option c) is he's not telling the truth.

b) would tie in with anger management.

It is very far fetched that you would be in bed with someone, get out of bed when you hear a noise, come back to hear a noise in the bathroom, don't check if who you were in bed with is in the bathroom and then fire at will.

Was the noise he heard in the first place from the bathroom?

All very very far fetched.

gallsman

You're assuming he fired and waited for a response. You could fire off four shots in a second.

Why do people here always have to make pronouncements on whether someone is guilty or not based on a smattering of the facts? What you believe is completely inconsequential. Pistorious' story may sound far fetched but nobody can categorically say his version of events is absolutely implausible.

Just observe and see what comes out over the weeks and months ahead.

Main Street

I wonder what went between Oscar and his lawyer in that time before the police arrived.
I presume Oscar said something like this 'I have a memory blackout, how do you think it went down?'

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: gallsman on February 20, 2013, 06:44:04 PM

You're assuming he fired and waited for a response. You could fire off four shots in a second.

Why do people here always have to make pronouncements on whether someone is guilty or not based on a smattering of the facts? What you believe is completely inconsequential. Pistorious' story may sound far fetched but nobody can categorically say his version of events is absolutely implausible.

You really don't get discussion boards, do you?
Hasta la victoria siempre

Hardy

Of you ever been shot?

trileacman

Watch out Pistorious!!! It's the grammar police!!
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

gallsman

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on February 20, 2013, 06:51:42 PM

There's a distinct difference between informed discussion and speculation and judgment based on a few soundbites from a couple of initial court hearings.

I can't remember exactly what the case was but a few years ago here, people on this board were calling for someone (in the UK I think it was) to be strung up after a "slam dunk" case was reported. The defendant was subsequently declared 100% innocent after the alleged victim confessed that he/she had made it all up as an exercise in revenge.

Jumping to conclusions when ill-informed of all the facts benefits nobody and, in cases of life and death such as this, is particularly distasteful.

muppet

Quote from: gallsman on February 20, 2013, 07:43:10 PM

There's a distinct difference between informed discussion and speculation and judgment based on a few soundbites from a couple of initial court hearings.

I can't remember exactly what the case was but a few years ago here, people on this board were calling for someone (in the UK I think it was) to be strung up after a "slam dunk" case was reported. The defendant was subsequently declared 100% innocent after the alleged victim confessed that he/she had made it all up as an exercise in revenge.

Jumping to conclusions when ill-informed of all the facts benefits nobody and, in cases of life and death such as this, is particularly distasteful.

We have most of the facts, including his affadavit. We are only speculating on a small area, mainly his mindset at the time. The reality is no one will ever know for sure, other than himself. Unless he confesses or breaks down completely, I suspect this will be disputed either way long after the trial has ended.
MWWSI 2017

BEASTY

What kind of burglar breaks in UPSTAIRS to a house?  AT NIGHT time when people are likely to be asleep!

He is guilty

Wakey wakey
ah noise in the bathroom
hang on i do not live alone

but will I

a.  Turn on the light
b.  Shout my girlfriends name or

C..  Take my loaded gun, stump over to the bathroom door, NOT SHOUT then fire 1 time, then another, once more and finally shot number 4..

I hope he gets prison issue legs in jail

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: gallsman on February 20, 2013, 07:43:10 PM

Slightly different in the fact that he has admitted he shot her. The only thing to speculate on is whether he meant it. Whatever comes out in the weeks ahead, we will not know whether he meant it or not.
Hasta la victoria siempre

Tony Baloney

Chat here isn't going to change the outcome of the trial so we can say whatever the fcuk we want (informed or otherwise).