Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Beantown on March 03, 2013, 04:45:26 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on March 03, 2013, 04:36:22 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on March 03, 2013, 03:40:12 PM
Quote from: cadence on March 03, 2013, 03:09:54 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on March 03, 2013, 03:02:33 PM
Quote from: cadence on March 03, 2013, 02:52:22 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on March 03, 2013, 02:46:18 PM
They ll be fairly happy on the sex offenders wing in Maghaberry after that first half.

go on, tell us why.

surprisingly the usually vocal Tyronies have been very quiet on this one, though it probably deserves a thread of its own.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/mickey-harte-under-fire-over-reference-for-sex-attacker-who-assaulted-woman-29079197.html

i see. interesting.

I think it is disgusting, though it seems you arent allowed to mention any negative about Saint Mickey on this particular board. Thankfully other discussion boards arent as biased.

Bad form from Harte

Got Nothing to do with today's football match....... Go to other discussion boards if your so concerned with this topic

Second post - why should he go to another discussion board maybe another thread but defo should be able to voice his opinions in said subject on this board.

Badly judged by Harte I feel given the history! And I'm a Tyrone man - possibly a statement to clarify from Harte would help unless as I suspect he's like the pope and is infallible!

On another point I think he's building a team who could with a bit of luck challenge for
AI again.

Beantown

Thankfully other discussion boards arent as biased.
Thats why...

I agree, he should have stayed out of it, but has nowt to do with today's game.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: J70 on March 03, 2013, 04:29:28 PM
By that logic, Tyrone would have been AI champions last year then, given that everyone else they met couldn't match Donegal. A ten point plus turnaround in Tyrone's result against Kerry too.

Doesn't really mean that though. The Tyrone - Donegal match last summer was very close and whilst I think Donegal deserved to win, there was really just a kick of the ball in it at the end. Had Tyrone had Cavanagh and Coney (their top scorer last year) fit, I think they would have been hopeful of having enough extra to have won that game. That doesn't mean that Tyrone would have been AI champions at all, I think it's pretty obvious that Donegal had much more in the tank and were far better equipped for a crack at Sam than Tyrone. Similar to the year before when Tyrone could and perhaps should have beaten Donegal at the same stage - but were not serious AI contenders, whereas Donegal probably were. Similarly, in the years in the previous decade that Tyrone were at their best they lost, or came close to losing, a few matches in Ulster to teams who were never Sam contenders, yet were capable of pushing or beating Tyrone in Ulster.

Good win today for Tyrone and after 3 matches they are pretty close to already securing their place in Division 1 for next season. Perhaps a little concern that Tyrone didn't put Donegal away despite being in a winning position from early in the second half, but still have to be happy with the win. Probably more important for Tyrone to win that game in their stage of development than it was for Donegal, a turnaround really from a few years back when it was the other way around. It will be a very different Donegal come championship but Tyrone can take it up a level or two as well.

Rois

EC Unique

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on March 03, 2013, 04:52:14 PM
First post - were Tyrone wearing gps
Trackers today?

Noticed the small box like device at the top of their backs myself. Be some interesting stats from them. My guess would be Mark Donnelly for the most ground covered. He was popping up everywhere and had a good game.

ziggysego

Tyrone showing a bit of pedigree today, was great to see. I was worried coming into this match, facing the current Ulster and All-Ireland Championships. Although Donegal ended up with 13 men, I did feel Tyrone were in control of the game. A good mixture of old and new players getting on the score sheet - 8 different players.

Niall Mogan - 0-03
Mark Donnelly 0-01
Sean Cavanagh 0-02
Peter Harte 0-02
Ronan McNamee 0-01
Joe McMahan 0-01
Stephen O'Neill 1-02
Ryan McKenna 0-01

A great penalty save by Morgan, but the carry on afterwards wasn't needed. Murphy was unfortunate to get off, but it was technically a yellow card. The ref should have used a bit of common sense here. Donegal didn't really have much of a scoring threat after this.

Donegal also were denied a clear penalty too, in the second half.

All and all, Tyrone were the better team and another two points on the board is great to have.
Testing Accessibility

cadence

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on March 03, 2013, 05:01:45 PM
By that logic, Tyrone would have been AI champions last year then, given that everyone else they met couldn't match Donegal. A ten point plus turnaround in Tyrone's result against Kerry too.

Doesn't really mean that though. The Tyrone - Donegal match last summer was very close and whilst I think Donegal deserved to win, there was really just a kick of the ball in it at the end. Had Tyrone had Cavanagh and Coney (their top scorer last year) fit, I think they would have been hopeful of having enough extra to have won that game. That doesn't mean that Tyrone would have been AI champions at all, I think it's pretty obvious that Donegal had much more in the tank and were far better equipped for a crack at Sam than Tyrone. Similar to the year before when Tyrone could and perhaps should have beaten Donegal at the same stage - but were not serious AI contenders, whereas Donegal probably were. Similarly, in the years in the previous decade that Tyrone were at their best they lost, or came close to losing, a few matches in Ulster to teams who were never Sam contenders, yet were capable of pushing or beating Tyrone in Ulster.

Good win today for Tyrone and after 3 matches they are pretty close to already securing their place in Division 1 for next season. Perhaps a little concern that Tyrone didn't put Donegal away despite being in a winning position from early in the second half, but still have to be happy with the win. Probably more important for Tyrone to win that game in their stage of development than it was for Donegal, a turnaround really from a few years back when it was the other way around. It will be a very different Donegal come championship but Tyrone can take it up a level or two as well.

some good young players coming through for tyrone. they'll come close this year outright and will be very tight again in may when we play. we went close enough today despite everything so i'm optimistic about or chances then.

J70

Quote from: Beantown on March 03, 2013, 04:55:08 PM
Was very dissapointed in the 2 McGees today.  I have a lot of time for them as footballers, very good uncompromising defenders who can play a bit too, but their antics today left alot to be desired. Stevie and Eamonn shook hands at the end of the game, yet Neil tried to get another row going... Plus Rory Kavanagh, where did he get the hard man gene from???... He done everything in his power to get Sean Cav to retaliate in order to get him lined, thankfully Sean has the experience to ignore him.  Sean has taken abuse from far better players than that.

Rant over..

As a spectacle I thought it was fairly scrappy, not a lot between the teams as usual.  Will have no bearing on the match in May, but nice to get a win.

I take it you didn't notice your goalkeeper's antics then?

J70

Quote from: EC Unique on March 03, 2013, 04:46:49 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on March 03, 2013, 04:26:21 PM
Good win for Tyrone. The sending off took the sting out of the game but Tyrone looked the sharper team anyway. It will be some game in the championship. I suspect Tyrone will have too much for  Donegal if all the panel remain fit. They would have had too much last year if all were fit as well.

Weren't you one of the boys giving the Mayo lads abuse the other week for unfounded arrogance?

As far as I remember it was 2 points last year. In my opinion the players that were missing would have been worth 2 points on the day. Donegal grew with every game and won the all Ireland. I don't think Tyrone could have pushed on like Donegal did.

Fair enough, but would they have made the difference when Tyrone were held scoreless for 35 minutes? Sean Cavanagh played in 2011 and Tyrone still didn't win (and were similarly starved for scores for very long stretchs, losing a five point lead).

Anyway, we can all point to this or that in close games over the years, whether its refereeing decisions or missing players or bad misses or whatever. We were poor today, but had the referee given the second penalty as he should and we scored it, who knows what might have happened?

Rawhide

Tyrone won as they are fitter, very obvious to see. When they meet in the championship fitness will be 50/50 and I expect Donegal to win.
cccc is a true supporter lol

BluestackBoy

Enjoyable game deservedly won by Tyrone spoiled by Murphy's sending off, but I don't think it will have any bearing on the championship.

Donegal are in the middle of hard training & were without Lacey for the whole game & Murphy for the second half. On top of that McGrath, Gallagher McHugh & McFadden are nowhere near match fitness. Tyrone are further on in their fitness but Donegal will be ready & the championship meeting in May is now nicely set up with a few players on both sides laying down markers. 
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

emmetryan

writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Beantown

I take it you didn't notice your goalkeeper's antics then?
[/quote]

I just caught a glimpse on the news. I did see it and disappointed in the bravado... Its good enough to make the great save and leave it at that,

everymanaman

Quote from: ziggysego on March 03, 2013, 05:36:18 PM
Tyrone showing a bit of pedigree today, was great to see. I was worried coming into this match, facing the current Ulster and All-Ireland Championships. Although Donegal ended up with 13 men, I did feel Tyrone were in control of the game. A good mixture of old and new players getting on the score sheet - 8 different players.

Niall Mogan - 0-03
Mark Donnelly 0-01
Sean Cavanagh 0-02
Peter Harte 0-02
Ronan McNamee 0-01
Joe McMahan 0-01
Stephen O'Neill 1-02
Ryan McKenna 0-01

A great penalty save by Morgan, but the carry on afterwards wasn't needed. Murphy was unfortunate to get off, but it was technically a yellow card. The ref should have used a bit of common sense here. Donegal didn't really have much of a scoring threat after this.

Donegal also were denied a clear penalty too, in the second half.

All and all, Tyrone were the better team and another two points on the board is great to have.
There's no such thing as common sense in the rule book. The referee was totally correct in his application of the 2 yellow cards for Murphy. He isn't under any obligation to keep 15 players on the field. He is there to apply the rules and if the players don't comply then they reap the consequences.