Should gaels be allowed to legally marry?

Started by Hardy, February 07, 2013, 02:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should gaels be allowed to legally marry?

No
2 (5.7%)
What's a gael?
6 (17.1%)
Yes, as long as they don't do it in the street and frighten the horses
6 (17.1%)
Never mind that, should splitting infinitives be allowed?
7 (20%)
Trunky The Elephant
14 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Hardy

Is it natural? Is it the right sort of environment for raising kids to be normal?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Got my eye on a wee Briton-Saxon, whats the craic with getting hitched to one of them, if you loud proud and Gael.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ziggysego

It's only a phase, they're just Summer Gaels.
Testing Accessibility

AQMP

I'm undecided.  There is incontrovertible evidence that shows that "same county" marriages can lead to a form of child abuse where e.g. children are forced to watch Antrim games against their will.  "Inter county" marriages are also fraught with risk e.g. that you end up on the front page of your local paper when the two said counties play each other in a Round 1 qualifier under the headline "Sean will be on his Tyr-own in the house this weekend".

camanchero

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 07, 2013, 02:36:21 PM
Got my eye on a wee Briton-Saxon, whats the craic with getting hitched to one of them, if you loud proud and Gael.
it would prob be the joining of two pro british identities in your case !
;)

camanchero

if yer going to get married - make sure she is a gael.
it makes it f**king difficult in later footballing (training, coaching, going to matches) years if she isnt!

Eamonnca1

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 07, 2013, 02:36:21 PM

I highly recommend them.

deiseach

Quote from: camanchero on February 07, 2013, 04:02:37 PM
it makes it f**king difficult in later footballing (training, coaching, going to matches) years if she isnt!

Nonsense. If you marry a Gael, the odds are that she hails from another club or county, quite possibly one that routinely punches your club/county in the face. With a non-Gael, they're a blank slate only too eager to explore the exotic (!) world of the GAA.

camanchero

Quote from: deiseach on February 07, 2013, 04:14:02 PM

Nonsense. If you marry a Gael, the odds are that she hails from another club or county, quite possibly one that routinely punches your club/county in the face. With a non-Gael, they're a blank slate only too eager to explore the exotic (!) world of the GAA.
I'd gladly take the tribalism over the whole problem with understanding why you have to go play/training/coach/watch football.

First mistake was to bring her to 1998 ulster championship (final or semi final) in clones.

stpauls

Quote from: AQMP on February 07, 2013, 03:58:25 PM
"Inter county" marriages are also fraught with risk e.g. that you end up on the front page of your local paper when the two said counties play each other in a Round 1 qualifier under the headline "Sean will be on his Tyr-own in the house this weekend".

that's just freakily coincidental as my eldest boy is called Sean, born with inter-county parents, and his mother being a Tyr-own woman!! have we met before?  :o

ziggysego

Quote from: stpauls on February 07, 2013, 04:47:57 PM
Quote from: AQMP on February 07, 2013, 03:58:25 PM
"Inter county" marriages are also fraught with risk e.g. that you end up on the front page of your local paper when the two said counties play each other in a Round 1 qualifier under the headline "Sean will be on his Tyr-own in the house this weekend".

that's just freakily coincidental as my eldest boy is called Sean, born with inter-county parents, and his mother being a Tyr-own woman!! have we met before?  :o

Salt of the earth, Tyrone mothers.
Testing Accessibility

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on February 07, 2013, 04:14:02 PM

I think it is "exotic" if you look at it from a foreign point of view. It is not surprising that many foreigners like it.
For people who are interested in things a bit different it has a lot going for it.

JUst retired

I`m from Armagh and married to a Tyrone woman. 39 years of torture.Dont be in a mixed marriage. :'(

All of a Sludden

Quote from: ziggysego on February 07, 2013, 03:11:54 PM

Says the man who has only ever been to three Tyrone games and each of them in September.  ;)
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

ziggysego

Quote from: All of a Sludden on February 08, 2013, 07:45:53 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on February 07, 2013, 03:11:54 PM

Says the man who has only ever been to three Tyrone games and each of them in September.  ;)

Don't know what you mean by that. Try to get to as many games as it's possible. Admittedly this year, I've not been to any, but that is due to mitigating circumstances.
Testing Accessibility