Fearon books Citywest for AIF, by Easytiger

Started by Hardy, February 04, 2013, 11:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Simple mistake, that has provided inexplicable mirth for the easily amused for almost a decade. Rectified quickly at the time, at no additional expense, and to cap off my stay at Citywest, I got a free invite (from a well known Bank) to the Armagh post match banquet, free premium tickets from the same bank (half way line on Hogan!) for the game itself, and an invite to their pre match breakfast in the Gresham!

The only things that spoiled a great weekend in fact, were the absence of Sam at the Citywest at the banquet, and Philip Jordan! ;D

heganboy

Tony,
you do know that those embellishments are really only making it worse...
HB
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

T Fearon

No HB, simply pointing out that in the aftermath of a simple mistake in the summer of 2003, I had cause to laugh loudest and longest! ;D

johnneycool

Quote from: T Fearon on February 04, 2013, 04:21:41 PM
No HB, simply pointing out that in the aftermath of a simple mistake in the summer of 2003, I had cause to laugh loudest and longest! ;D

You should take it as a compliment Tony.

seafoid

It is a relief that Armagh are no longer in the running for Sam these days.  I remember wishing they'd lose now.  Tyrone were far more dignified the year later. 

red hander

Quote from: T Fearon on February 04, 2013, 04:21:41 PM

No you didn't, Tony ... Tyrone fans did  ;)

T Fearon

Seafoid, this could feature in RTE's Reeling in the Years! Yes, I remember you posting about coming up to Omagh on the Monday night to welcome Tyrone home.

T Fearon

Early noughties were filled with happiness! Apart from Sam arriving in Armagh, there was of course my essay,printed in the 2001 All Ireland Hurling Final programme that year, which won me a four day trip to LA, and Seafoid posted a copy of the programme to me, and I still don't even know his name!

ziggysego

I had so much fun reading this again. Brought back many fond memories of that week on the board. Those were the days  :'(

I believe Tony's story also made it into the Tyrone GAA yearly book. ;)
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

It was everywhere. I remember sitting in a traffic jam on the way home from Clones, the following summer, and Lynette Fay reading the Choose Armagh poem on the radio, which had the immortal line "Choose supporters who book hotels for the wrong weekend!" ;D

Still, ten years later, it is more nostalgic than amusing!

ziggysego

As I was telling you on Facebook last night Tony, you're known everywhere!  ;D
Testing Accessibility

BennyCake

Quote from: seafoid on February 04, 2013, 04:28:35 PM
It is a relief that Armagh are no longer in the running for Sam these days.  I remember wishing they'd lose now.  Tyrone were far more dignified the year later.

Please explain your thinking behind that one.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: T Fearon on February 04, 2013, 04:58:36 PM
It was everywhere. I remember sitting in a traffic jam on the way home from Clones, the following summer, and Lynette Fay reading the Choose Armagh poem on the radio, which had the immortal line "Choose supporters who book hotels for the wrong weekend!" ;D

Still, ten years later, it is more nostalgic than amusing!

What happened to those 'Choose whatever county' things?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyCake

For those who find this story amusing, is it only because it's Tony? He's well known, that's for sure. But I'd say if it was any Joe Soap, nobody would give it a second thought.

trileacman

Quote from: BennyCake on February 04, 2013, 05:21:26 PM
For those who find this story amusing, is it only because it's Tony? He's well known, that's for sure. But I'd say if it was any Joe Soap, nobody would give it a second thought.

It was mildly amusing the last time I heard it a year or two ago but there's no need for it to be recycled again and again. Should we periodically drag up all the old funny threads (Iris /muck savage/ Rachel Riley) to reminisce about the good ould days?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014