Mayo V Tyrone National Football League Round 2 Sun 10th February

Started by never kickt a ball, February 03, 2013, 01:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Tyrones trip to the All Ireland finalists has all the hallmarks of a home win.  Tyrone were well and truly softened up by a rough as a badgers arse Down outfit last week and there will be a lot of sore men there all week hampering preparations.  I also like where Mayo are going....  After 130 years of the GAA last year showed that they are learning the rudiments of defence.  I fully expect them to improve on their offensive offering and it would take more than 10 pints of Mick Byrnes finest to have me bigging up Tyrone here.  In my eyes its Mayo by 4 and If questioned I can claim to have 100% in correct predictions so far. 

Farrandeelin

We had good defenders in the 90s too rrhf. We just seem to always lack top quality forwards. Hard to know how Sunday will go to be honest, it could even end up a draw. However, I would hope Mayo go out to win all their home games anyway in the league and improve their performance in the forwards. We went a good while against Kerry without scoring. Doing that against Tyrone, it would probably be costly.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Beantown

Mayo will be a much tougher proposition than Down.  This is usually a fairly even game, with no more than 2 or 3 points in it..

However if we put up the same first half performance that we did against Down, Mayo will be out of sight.  The positives are that at the min we have a bigger scoring threat than Kerry and the second half performance against Down was heartening indeed. Plus we do have a strong bench if needed.

Fuzzman

I wonder will Mickey t**ker with the team for tonight. He'll be glad how we stood up to the intimidation in Newry and with the performance of McAliskey, Justy and Clarke I think. It's hard to know where to play Clarke. He's another one that seems better going forward than having chase after his man.
Can this be the year we finally see Justy play MF with big Sean?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Tír Eoghain in Keshelbeaaaaarrrrh:

Tyrone team v Mayo

1. Niall Morgan Éadan na dTorc

2. Aidan McCrory Aireagal Chiaráin

3. Justin McMahon An Omaigh

4. Conor Gormley An Charraig Mhór

5. Ryan McKenna Eaglais

6. Joe McMahon An Omaigh

7. Ronan McNamee Achadh Uí Aráin

8. Conor Clarke An Omaigh

9. Sean Cavanagh An Mhaigh

10. Patrick McNiece Oileán a'Ghuail

11. Peter Harte Aireagal Chiaráin

12. Matthew Donnelly Trí Leac

13. Connor McAliskey Cluain Eo

14. Stephen O'Neill Clann na nGael

15. Mark Donnelly An Charraig Mhór

16. Pascal McConnell An Baile Nua
17. Kevin Gallagher An Baile Nua
18. Johnny Lafferty Urnaí
19. Plunkett Kane Oileán a'Ghuail
20. Danny McBride An Srath Ban
21. Tiernan McCann Coill an Chlochair
22. Cathal McCarron An Droim Mór
23. Darren McCurry Éadan na dTorc
24. Ronan O'Neill An Omaigh
25. Martin Penrose An Charraig Mhór
26. Barry Tierney An Omaigh

Anyway, enough of the sideshow, who's for a gadderin' in Mick Byrne's beforehand?  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Must be about nine of those players who haven't met Mayo in senior football.

We're in for some hammering.

Interesting to see McNeice named at 10. The eternal search for the new hoover.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Beantown

Strong line up, though will not be surprised if McNiece and Sparky switch places.

Should be good tussle in midfield. A win would be a great confidence boost to Tyrone, considering the step up to Div 1 . Every game game has a championship type feel - a must win approach, if ye like!

Fuzzman

I've not seen enough of McNeice to rate him but any time I have I think he's not as good as the other lads.
I didn't realise McAliskey was as big as he was and even Ronan O'Neill looks like he's filled out a bit.

The last time Clarke played at MF I think he was poor enough.
I've a bad feeling about this game but sure not many will go there and come back with the points.
I can't remember the last time we beat Mayo down there though I think it was around the time of Cormac.

ONeill

Ach Mayo would take the oul league seriously now. I think they've lost three of the last six finals. That's nearly as good as their All Ireland record.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ONeill on February 07, 2013, 10:03:56 PM
Ach Mayo would take the oul league seriously now. I think they've lost three of the last six finals. That's nearly as good as their All Ireland record.

You've some set against us ONeill.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

So what you are saying is we've been the Arsenal of the past decade or so!  ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

From Tyrone GAA:

The last game in Castlebar took place on Easter Sunday '09 and finished a 1-11 to 0-14 draw - a result which kept both sides in the Division.

theticklemister

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 07, 2013, 11:40:00 PM
From Tyrone GAA:

The last game in Castlebar took place on Easter Sunday '09 and finished a 1-11 to 0-14 draw - a result which kept both sides in the Division.

There is yer match fixing right there

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: theticklemister on February 08, 2013, 01:31:30 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 07, 2013, 11:40:00 PM
From Tyrone GAA:

There is yer match fixing right there

True, we should have buried them by at least 10 points (damned creamy pints anyway!).

Crete Boom

There he is , the keyboard warrior returneth!!! ;D
Sure O' Neill we only take the league about as seriously as anyone here takes you  ;). Although I have to say your posts do contain a high amount of comic genius although I suspect it's accidental genius. Seems a bit sad that you have to hide from Hardy over here away from the All-Ireland contenders thread ( did you ever get that apology by the way) and it's probably futile anyway since them Meath men are a pretty determined bunch when it comes to fights! ;D.