NFL Div 2 2013

Started by Croí na hÉireann, January 30, 2013, 03:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Poor result for Armagh tonight but I thought it might happen. Really needed to win that game tonight to stay up. We are now effectivelt down I'd say with tough fixtures at home to Westmeath and away to Galway to come. Can't see us getting anything there either.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: yellowcard on March 16, 2013, 08:54:33 PM
Poor result for Armagh tonight but I thought it might happen. Really needed to win that game tonight to stay up. We are now effectivelt down I'd say with tough fixtures at home to Westmeath and away to Galway to come. Can't see us getting anything there either.

I think Galway have to go to Armagh. We have Wexford at home before that.

Walter Cronc

They miss Clarke big time but I suppose a positive this year is Mc Parlands form to date!

Syferus

Longford and Armagh? You're too kind, D2.

I think if ever two divisions would be better served amalgamating it's the current D2 and D3.

yellowcard

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 16, 2013, 08:56:46 PM

I think Galway have to go to Armagh. We have Wexford at home before that.

Oh right, maybe its the other way about then, Galway at home and Westmeath away. Either way they are 2 tough games. Wexford could beat Westmeath tomorrow at home as well, will really tighten up the division if that happens. The only certainty is that Longford are doomed.

Farrandeelin

Just checking if Div 2 posters are friendly or not. We'll end up in this division next year.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 16, 2013, 10:07:34 PM
Just checking if Div 2 posters are friendly or not. We'll end up in this division next year.

Bugger off. We're full.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 16, 2013, 10:07:34 PM

Maybe us too. That'd be grand for away games if Galway don't do something stupid like get themselves promoted.

Ard-Rí

Chance of getting those Ciarraí lads too. We've played them so little over the years that it would be nice to spend a while in the same division. Mind you, they'd probably have to fall down to division 3 for that to happen. Even so, it's a thought.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Walter Cronc

Some win for Westmeath today!! That puts them in a great position to gain promotion!

armaghniac

QuoteSome win for Westmeath today!! That puts them in a great position to gain promotion!

I agree. They should now give some of their fringe players a run out now that promotion is secure.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maroon Heaven

Great result for Iarmhi - John Heslin is playing some great football. A special talent.

Don't think we'll be playing any fringe players until promotion is 100% secured

From the Bunker

Looking good for Westmeath at the moment. Nearly there just to hold the head now!

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 18, 2013, 06:31:09 PM
Looking good for Westmeath at the moment. Nearly there just to hold the head now!
don't they still have to play derry ?

armaghniac

P        W       D        L        F               A          Pts 
1    Westmeath    5    4    1    0    8-54    4-54    9
2    Derry            5    3    1    1    1-81    3-57    7
3    Laois            5    2    1    2    5-71    5-61    5
4    Wexford            5    2    1    2    7-55    10-57    5
5    Galway            5    2    1    2    4-60    5-64    5
6    Louth            5    2    1    2    7-61    4-67    5
7    Armagh            5    1    2    2    8-52    6-65    4
8    Longford            5    0    0    5    7-39    10-48    0

Does scoring come into it if the head to head is a draw.
Armagh's poor performance against Laois and letting Longford back into it has not helped the scoring.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B