Clare Daly after breathalyser: I had a hot whiskey for cold

Started by muppet, January 29, 2013, 08:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/clare-daly-after-breathalyser-i-had-a-hot-whiskey-for-cold-582939.html

United Left Alliance TD Clare Daly has admitted she was stopped by gardaí and breathalysed last night.

The North Dublin deputy said she had been visiting family on the south side of the city when she took a wrong turn and was stopped by gardaí.

She said she was breathalysed and was awaitingt the result of a sample to assess the level of alcohol in her system.

Ms Daly admitted to having a hot whiskey that evening for medicinal reasons, and said if she was over the limit it would be a very serious matter.

Gardaí are awaiting test results and no charges have been brought against Deputy Daly.
MWWSI 2017

J70

RMDrive

Quote from: J70 on January 29, 2013, 08:42:28 PM
What has the wrong turn got to do with anything?

I'd guess it was the reason they stopped her. Maybe an illegal turn rather than a wrong one?

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

QuoteWhat has the wrong turn got to do with anything?

It couldn't have been a U-turn, otherwise you'd have to arrest all politicians.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

IolarCoisCuain

I can't stand Clare Daly but there's some funny business going on here.

Insofar as I know, when the guards stop you and you blow into the bag, they can charge you there and then. This story says they're waiting on the results. Now I don't know one way or the other but I would guess that she passed the breathalyser but the guards leaked the story anyway because they're not happy about Clare Daly shopping them for sorting people out over traffic offenses. So she won't be charged but the smell will linger.

It's a long road that has no turning. Normally I'd have an awful lot of sympathy if someone were set up in the completely hypothetical situation I've outlined above, which I don't posit for a minute is a true reflection of events, but merely one of numerous possible scenarios with varying levels of probability. But if Daly has been set up, it's hard to feel sorry for her.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: muppet on January 29, 2013, 08:34:59 PMGardaí are awaiting test results and no charges have been brought against Deputy Daly.

How long does it take for a Breathalyser result?

Itchy

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on January 29, 2013, 09:28:13 PM

Insofar as I know, when the guards stop you and you blow into the bag, they can charge you there and then. This story says they're waiting on the results. Now I don't know one way or the other but I would guess that she passed the breathalyser but the guards leaked the story anyway because they're not happy about Clare Daly shopping them for sorting people out over traffic offenses. So she won't be charged but the smell will linger.

It's a long road that has no turning. Normally I'd have an awful lot of sympathy if someone were set up in the completely hypothetical situation I've outlined above, which I don't posit for a minute is a true reflection of events, but merely one of numerous possible scenarios with varying levels of probability. But if Daly has been set up, it's hard to feel sorry for her.

I thought you were brought back to the station for a further test? Papers said this morning she refused to be breathalysed

Tony Baloney

It seems decent breathalyers are another thing the north will have to bring to a united Ireland.

highorlow

Quotethey're not happy about Clare Daly shopping them for sorting people out over traffic offenses.

Aye and she and the tax evader made a complete hames of that. From memory the initial list was over 800 people that were sorted and when the actual Facts came out the list was nigh on 60 or something. Shur the idiots relied on a guard who had previous for leaking miss-information which they knew already but chose to ignore it.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Itchy on January 29, 2013, 09:31:17 PM

I thought you were brought back to the station for a further test? Papers said this morning she refused to be breathalysed

I didn't think you could refuse to be breathalysed. Like, if that was the case why would anyone do it? This is an odd one. I'd say there's quare hooring going on behind the scenes.

Itchy

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on January 29, 2013, 10:05:11 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 29, 2013, 09:31:17 PM

I didn't think you could refuse to be breathalysed. Like, if that was the case why would anyone do it? This is an odd one. I'd say there's quare hooring going on behind the scenes.

You can for sure, then they take blood or urine which is less forgiving. Your best bet is to take the bag.

GalwayBayBoy