Crokes 2-12
Ballymun 1-8

Mont

Rudi

BennyCake

Crossmaglen 3-11
St Brigids 1-9

Seamus

"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

DrinkingHarp

CROSS     1-13
BRIGIDS   0-15
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

ranch

Cross 2-10
St. Brigid's 0-13

ross4life

Quote from: spuds on February 11, 2013, 08:55:31 PM
Crossmaglen 1-13 0-8 St. Brigids

Quote from: BennyCake on February 15, 2013, 11:42:12 PM
Crossmaglen 3-11
St Brigids 1-9
Quote from: ONeill on February 13, 2013, 12:12:39 AM
Cross 2-16
Brigid 0-9

Whatever about predicting a narrow defeat you guys weren't giving St Brigids much of chance. Care to explain why?going on the last two games between the sides & form of both sides todays game was always going to be close one.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

BennyCake

Ross, I predicted that score because that's what Cross are capable of, on their day. That day wasn't today. They didn't play anything near what they can. I suppose Brigids didn't allow them. But, had Cross bagged that second goal chance, it could've been a different story.

ross4life

Quote from: BennyCake on February 16, 2013, 08:00:21 PM
Ross, I predicted that score because that's what Cross are capable of, on their day. That day wasn't today. They didn't play anything near what they can. I suppose Brigids didn't allow them. But, had Cross bagged that second goal chance, it could've been a different story.

2007,2011 today must have been 3 off days by Cross so? same could be said of Brigids today, they didn't play as well as they can but weren't allowed. St Brigids haven't won three in row Connacht titles & reached two All Ireland finals in three years by chance. They are good side that can match it with the best. Clan na nGael were the same in the 80s but, hopefully Brigids can go one better than them.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

BennyCake

Ross, I was at the 2011 final and Brigids ran Cross very close. I don't recall too much about the 2007 meeting though. I wasn't disrespecting Brigids chances, only I've followed Cross alot over the years and know what they're capable of.

Cross missed a great goal chance which may have won it. But they were very poor today, but you seen how quickly then can turn the screw, going 1 up late in the day. And that was on a bad day. They can be devastating on a good day.  Cross have banged in the goals this year and thought they'd do so today as well.

Fair play to St Brigids though. They have been knocking on the door lately, and I wish them all the best in the final. I hope they win it.

Syferus

Definitely not explainable by a off-colour performance by Cross, because they were certainly no more off their best than Brigid's were themselves. Anyone not at the match wouldn't know how bad the crosswind was, and it caused a huge number of frees and points to miss their target on both sides.

It was just one of those games where both sides were so evenly matched there rarely was enough room to get a good shot off, the two teams essentially cancelled each other out.

No off-days, no fluke result and no excuses - Brigid's simply were the better team on the day and for the year.

Leaverinlong

Hurling this week - GALWAY V KILKENNY      (CONGRATULATIONS TO LAST WEEKS WINNER - AFS!)
SUNDAY 24TH FEB, 2PM 

Galway v Kilkenny, your prediction?... :)

johnneycool

Quote from: Leaverinlong on February 19, 2013, 11:29:20 AM
Hurling this week - GALWAY V KILKENNY      (CONGRATULATIONS TO LAST WEEKS WINNER - AFS!)
SUNDAY 24TH FEB, 2PM 

Galway v Kilkenny, your prediction?... :)

Galway 3-14, Kilkenny 2- 12.