Seamus Heaney

Started by ONeill, January 29, 2013, 09:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: Nally Stand on January 29, 2013, 12:14:27 PM
Quote from: Hardy on January 29, 2013, 12:09:43 PM
Quote from: glens abu on January 29, 2013, 12:08:14 PM
A fine poet but like Bono his opinion will on the National question will not be of any great interest to the majority of the electorate.  :-[

Translation: His opinion on the national question is different to mine, therefore he is both wrong and unworthy of attention.

He never said the opinions were wrong, he said his opinions will not be of great interest to people. I know you're busting a gut trying to maintain a superiority complex about you on this thread, but you're just getting carried away. Bring it back a notch.

Jesus, have I just been chastised by Alan Partridge?

glens abu

A fine poet but like Bono his opinion will on the National question will not be of any great interest to the majority of the electorate.  :-[

Translation: His opinion on the national question is different to mine, therefore he is both wrong and unworthy of attention.

No,he is a poet like Bono is a singer,they can have their opinions on the National question but come the elections it will mean nothing.

Hardy

Quote from: glens abu on January 29, 2013, 12:20:54 PM

No,he is a poet like Bono is a singer,they can have their opinions on the National question but come the elections it will mean nothing.

So what's the point of commenting on something that means nothing?

Nally Stand

Simple enough point. Amazing that you had to dumb it down again after making it the first time Glen!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

glens abu

Quote from: Hardy on January 29, 2013, 12:25:49 PM

You would need to ask him that question,but sometime these people are full of their own importance.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hardy on January 29, 2013, 12:25:49 PM

Plenty of posters do that here, doesn't stop them from talking about a topic, being in the public eye means that the media will always ask you the fleg question, they did it to Liam Neeson yesterday, like he gives a fcuk!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens abu

Quote from: Nally Stand on January 29, 2013, 12:27:14 PM

Simple enough point. Amazing that you had to dumb it down again after making it the first time Glen!

Yeah I thought so but sure sometimes it takes a while to sink in.

Hardy

That must be it. I'm stupid. I should have known better that trying to punch above my weight with a couple of SF intellectuals.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Hardy on January 29, 2013, 12:38:44 PM
That must be it. I'm stupid. I should have known better that trying to punch above my weight with a couple of SF intellectuals.

Nah, I actually don't think you're stupid. As I said at the start, you just got a tad carried away while giving your superiority complex a bit of a boost, that's all. Take the above post for example - a sarcastic post implying that anyone who supports SF is a less intelligent individual than yourself. Or maybe you're just doing what you earlier scorned others for supposedly doing, i.e. 'pigeonholing'.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

balladmaker

Requiem for the Croppies ...

The pockets of our greatcoats full of barley...
No kitchens on the run, no striking camp...
We moved quick and sudden in our own country.
The priest lay behind ditches with the tr**p.
A people hardly marching... on the hike...
We found new tactics happening each day:
We'd cut through reins and rider with the pike
And stampede cattle into infantry,
Then retreat through hedges where cavalry must be thrown.
Until... on Vinegar Hill... the final conclave.
Terraced thousands died, shaking scythes at cannon.
The hillside blushed, soaked in our broken wave.
They buried us without shroud or coffin
And in August... the barley grew up out of our grave.

Seamus Heaney

glens abu

Ah ffs get off your high horse,are you the only one who is allowed to be a smartarse.

muppet

While everyone slags off political parties you'll recognise these boys from from their default ad hominems.
MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

Well done ONeill, they took the bait  8)
Testing Accessibility

Orior

I'm disappointed by Heaney's comments because it endorses the protestors' actions which in turn:
- deny me my freedom to travel to and from work
- stop me from shopping in Beal Feirse (actually I thank them for that - I hate shopping)
- deny my right to express my own cultural and national identity

Does Heaney every write in Irish?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

glens abu

Quote from: muppet on January 29, 2013, 12:50:45 PM

While everyone slags off political parties you'll recognise these boys from from their default ad hominems.

I only said Heaney was a fine poet but his opinion on the National question would be of very little relevance come election time.Whats the problem with that,am I not allowed an opinion on this subject.