The Photograph Thread - Own Works Only! [900 pixels longest side]

Started by Syferus, January 28, 2013, 01:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Got out for a couple more during the week, still not fussed on them but I think I am getting a little better. 

2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

ziggysego

Quote from: David McKeown on July 25, 2014, 03:33:58 PM
Got out for a couple more during the week, still not fussed on them but I think I am getting a little better. 

Is this Dunlewey?
Testing Accessibility

David McKeown

ziggysego

Quote from: David McKeown on July 25, 2014, 06:53:03 PM
Top one is yes the other is Bartin's Bay Aghagallon

Thought I recognised that Church. My friend lives at the top of that wee lane. Lovely part of the country.
Testing Accessibility

David McKeown

moysider

Quote from: ludermor on July 16, 2014, 08:39:17 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on July 16, 2014, 01:31:33 AM
After a long layoff with illness I am finally back working on landscape HDR stuff. It feels like trying to relearn everything. Here was last nights effort.

that is some shot!

Yeah. Surreal effect to that.

mc_grens

Hiya lads. Ive been stopping and starting photography for a year or two- I struggle with setting aside enough time. These are a few of my favourites...

KeyWestBassPlayer by ciaran_mcg, on Flickr

Brooklyn Bridge Sundown by ciaran_mcg, on Flickr
(This was taken with no tripod in low light so its perhaps not the sharpest, but I love the view)

Shine A Light by ciaran_mcg, on Flickr

Redmond Bridge, Waterford by ciaran_mcg, on Flickr
(I think this is probably too dark- need to recalibrate my laptop screen!)

IMG_3191 by ciaran_mcg, on Flickr

Mary Elizabeth.jpg by ciaran_mcg, on Flickr

Feedback is very welcome.

Syferus

Wonderful stuff, mc_glens.

The one with the church tower is particularly spectacular, the colours are gorgeous. What kit are you using?

Was just calling by to post this, from this year's Connacht final. Mayo, Galway and an elephant. Everything that haunts childrens' nightmares.

mc_grens

You're much too kind.

I'm using nothing mad. Just a Canon 500D with a mid range zoom. I think the church was taken using the kit lens.

These are newer:

Dun Laoghaire West Pier by ciaran_mcg, on Flickr

Howth_ Lighthouse2 by ciaran_mcg, on Flickr

David McKeown

ziggysego

Excellent mc_grens. I particularly like the bottom picture, the colours of the sun breaking through the clouds.
Testing Accessibility

nrico2006

I love the photo of Brooklyn Bridge, have a real fondness for good photos of that bridge and even have one on a wall at home.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

mc_grens

Cheers lads. When people say good things it helps the push to always get a wee bit better.

hsthompson

Gents I'm a newcomer to this craic but I'm thinking on buying a decent camera with the view to taking some decent quality pictures of club games for our website, and possibly for a club calendar. Any suggestions on what camera I could get that isn't going to bankrupt me?

While I'm here - I also want to buy a decent GoPro that would be able to film club games, but I could also take on holiday. Again nothing insane, I wouldn't want to spend much more than 200sterling on either. Am I being unrealistic? Can you take decent pictures with a GoPro video camera? If I could kill two birds with one stone that would be mighty.

Thanks lads.

muppet

Quote from: hsthompson on January 15, 2015, 05:28:32 PM
Gents I'm a newcomer to this craic but I'm thinking on buying a decent camera with the view to taking some decent quality pictures of club games for our website, and possibly for a club calendar. Any suggestions on what camera I could get that isn't going to bankrupt me?

While I'm here - I also want to buy a decent GoPro that would be able to film club games, but I could also take on holiday. Again nothing insane, I wouldn't want to spend much more than 200sterling on either. Am I being unrealistic? Can you take decent pictures with a GoPro video camera? If I could kill two birds with one stone that would be mighty.

Thanks lads.

If you are not a professional you could try this cheap imitation of the GoPro: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mobius-ActionCam-Full-HD-Sports-Camera-1080P-30FPS-720P-60FPS-Pocket-Camcorder-/151071891306?rmvSB=true

Far, far cheaper than the GoPro and ideal for someone dipping their toes in this sort of stuff. The one drawback of the Mobius is that there is no viewer so you just turn it on and point. The quality is good though and it records for about 4 hours. Battery lasts an hour but you can use a USB connector to use it beyond an hour.
MWWSI 2017