Headed Goal - allowed?

Started by Any craic, January 27, 2013, 08:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any craic

From the Creggan U-21 Tournament, Ballinderry v Donagh, think I've seen it before, one minute into the video. Someone mentioned Dinny Allen did this. So it's allowed but not encouraged or approved! http://tinyurl.com/acqpe8c

stew

Quote from: Any craic on January 27, 2013, 08:47:10 PM
From the Creggan U-21 Tournament, Ballinderry v Donagh, think I've seen it before, one minute into the video. Someone mentioned Dinny Allen did this. So it's allowed but not encouraged or approved! http://tinyurl.com/acqpe8c

I seem to recall a mate of mine heading a goal for Armagh Harps, it stood and he was hauled immediately off if memory serves, the thing is  he was a very good soccer player and I am sure it was instinctive.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Milltown Row2

Lenny Harbinson from our club did it in a club game against Lamhs (I think) a few years ago
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

fitzroyalty

I know a guy scored a header as an u10.

I take it the u21 grade isn't taken too seriously in Fermanagh?

FermGael

They were the only club to enter a team.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

I seem to remember Galway scoring a headed goal against Mayo in Tuam Stadium in 1989.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

fitzroyalty

Walter Cronc

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 27, 2013, 09:24:10 PM
Quote from: FermGael on January 27, 2013, 09:03:13 PM
They were the only club to enter a team.
That is unbelievable!

Makes you wonder what benefit they thought they would gain from an expected hammering!

FermGael

It's a hard one to call walter.Fermanagh clubs have an awful record in underage ulster club competitions at u-16, minor and u-21. With the exception of my own club Enniskillen I honestly cannot remember the last Fermanagh club to win an ulster club game at these levels.
At under 21 most Fermanagh clubs just do not have the numbers to field through players being away at university and being away looking work on foreign shores. That St pats team today probably contained a fair few players who won the Fermanagh minor championship this year.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

fitzroyalty

What about amalgamations? There's a brave few clubs in Armagh who form amalgamations at underage and it gives some of the smaller clubs who struggle to field at senior never mind underage a chance of some silverware.

Itchy

Of course its allowed just hitting it in with your arse is. Why would there be any question about it?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: FermGael on January 27, 2013, 10:30:47 PM
It's a hard one to call walter.Fermanagh clubs have an awful record in underage ulster club competitions at u-16, minor and u-21. With the exception of my own club Enniskillen I honestly cannot remember the last Fermanagh club to win an ulster club game at these levels.
At under 21 most Fermanagh clubs just do not have the numbers to field through players being away at university and being away looking work on foreign shores. That St pats team today probably contained a fair few players who won the Fermanagh minor championship this year.

Sorry didn't mean to sound condescending Ferm Gael. I wouldnt be a fan of amalgamations but perhaps it's needed with Fermanagh teams. Hopefully the Gaels will get back to the level they were and challenging at provincial level.

Glensman

Quote from: Any craic on January 27, 2013, 08:47:10 PM

Not sure if it's clear or not, whether the opposition kicked him after he scored. I hope so.

Not particularly gracious in an easy victory to do that. It also would have been easier to punch into net...so don't think the instinctive thing applies here.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: hardstation on January 27, 2013, 11:02:57 PM
Amalgamations can be a good thing but you don't want to end up like Cavan where stand alone clubs are now rare. Think they had one stand alone club in last years minor championship. Complete jokeshop.

Only having one team entering the U21 championship is pretty serious though.

I assume Cavan Gaels?? Jeez that is mad. What's the reason? Lack of numbers or clubs doing it to increase chance of winning!

rodney trotter

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 27, 2013, 11:18:11 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 27, 2013, 11:02:57 PM
Amalgamations can be a good thing but you don't want to end up like Cavan where stand alone clubs are now rare. Think they had one stand alone club in last years minor championship. Complete jokeshop.

Only having one team entering the U21 championship is pretty serious though.

I assume Cavan Gaels?? Jeez that is mad. What's the reason? Lack of numbers or clubs doing it to increase chance of winning!

It wasn't Cavan Gaels. They went with the flow and joined up aswell. First time they ever amalgamated for Minor. Templeport were the only team, they are a small Junior Club , so it was a good achievement for them. Going alone this year aswell, practically the same squad from last year I believe.

Its not really lack of Numbers, most teams in Division 1 are  Amalgamating to obviously win it. West Cavan had a amalgamation of 4clubs in the Minor Division 1 Championship last year. Templeport is also in in West Cavan and they were the sole team not amalgamated in the Minor Division 1 championship