NFL Division 3 2013

Started by ross4life, January 27, 2013, 07:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: Syferus on April 07, 2013, 10:06:26 PM
The Ros-Cavan rivalry has a lot of slack to take up in 2014. Never really liked the Caaavan man on Shannonside anyways

This coming from the County the produced Joe Finnegan, Willie Hegarty? We won't fall out over it though, rarely if ever listen to Northern sound/ Shannonside

babarino

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on April 07, 2013, 09:27:03 PMApart from Kieran Hughes getting sent off for a second yellow (which will most likely rule him out of the final) it was a good performance.

Word is that he's only out for 2 weeks, so he's back for the final.

commonman

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 07, 2013, 10:14:57 PM
The Ros-Cavan rivalry has a lot of slack to take up in 2014. Never really liked the Caaavan man on Shannonside anyways

This coming from the County the produced Joe Finnegan, Willie Hegarty? We won't fall out over it though, rarely if ever listen to Northern sound/ Shannonside

hold on now a minute, joe finnegan isn't ours - hes a mayoman

rodney trotter

Quote from: commonman on April 07, 2013, 10:24:21 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on April 07, 2013, 10:14:57 PM

hold on now a minute, joe finnegan isn't ours - hes a mayoman

Ah my bad, he has the whest accent thought it was Ross.

Syferus

The sad part is I actually enjoy listening to the Caaavan man, usually on the way home after one of our customary Saturday victories. Haven't a clue what goes on at a feile ceol but it sure sounds kinky, lots of talk of blowing flutes and the like.

timmyot501

Good win for Monaghan today against a poor Antrim team.  We manage to get out of a division yet again but thankfully at the right end this time.  Monaghan, like in most other games, played well in patches and we do seem to have developed a knack of getting goals at home.  Pity we are away in the championship. Kieran Hughes and Chris McGuinness did most of the damage in the first half to set up the win but it did take until the third goal before we could relax because Antrim had a strong wind.  Kieran Hughes got a very soft second yellow but he was a bit silly getting involved with any player while on a yellow and the game almost over.  May miss the final unless it is just a 2 week thing (which is another stupid rule if true).  Meath will be a different outfit from the team that visited Clones in game 1.  Could be a good final.

Main Street

Nice to top the table, the draw was kind to us with 4 home games and an easy last game to a broken Antrim team. Unlike the some of the Meath fans who came in from hiding in the long grass, we won't be dancing around in celebration. Not that this promotion was expected but we are not that much better than a Div 3 standard team.  Keep our seat warm just in case.

Jinxy

To be honest, I'll miss the Rossies a biteen.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: AQMP on April 07, 2013, 08:22:31 PM
Farewell Sligo, next year just won't be the same without ye!
twas nice while it lasted, hopefully see ye back up here very soon,
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ck

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 08, 2013, 09:06:28 AM
Quote from: AQMP on April 07, 2013, 08:22:31 PM
Farewell Sligo, next year just won't be the same without ye!
twas nice while it lasted, hopefully see ye back up here very soon,

Unlucky NFL season. We'll back

Rossfan

Well we gave Cyaavan a good batin' yesterday.
Only for the 75 yard fluke and the push in the back goals we and not them Meath gang would be going up to Div 2.
Seeing as how we are beating Ulster teams left right and centre i wonder could we move Provinces for the Championship? ;D
We'd obviously be winning every second one up there as Connacht is far too strong and competitive for us at the moment.

Good to see us coming into form at the right time of the year as Evans is gettting things more organised and fitness levels are raised to the level of other Counties.
Ten weeks to prepare for the Championship big one against Herrins/Rhubarbs.
We'll be ready. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rodney trotter

Quote from: Rossfan on April 08, 2013, 04:56:06 PM
Only for the 75 yard fluke and the push in the back goals we and not them Meath gang would be going up to Div 2.
Seeing as how we are beating Ulster teams left right and centre i wonder could we move Provinces for the Championship? ;D
We'd obviously be winning every second one up there as Connacht is far too strong and competitive for us at the moment.

Good to see us coming into form at the right time of the year as Evans is gettting things more organised and fitness levels are raised to the level of other Counties.
Ten weeks to prepare for the Championship big one against Herrins/Rhubarbs.We'll be ready. ;)

Ten weeks, the luck of being in Connacht. Roscommon could travel Oz for 6 weeks, and still be in great Shape for the Championship opener. :)

Rossfan

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 08, 2013, 05:07:44 PM

Ten weeks to prepare for the Championship big one against Herrins/Rhubarbs.We'll be ready. ;)

Ten weeks, the luck of being in Connacht. Roscommon could travel Oz for 6 weeks, and still be in great Shape for the Championship opener. :)
We can barely afford to pay our expenses never mind go to bloody Australia  :-\
We'd be far better having a first round game in late May against someone handy like Cavan or Armagh :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

A shout-out to our departing friends:

Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we'll still have each other
You can stand under my umbrella
You can stand under my umbrella

(Ella ella, ay ay ay)
Under my umbrella
(Ella ella, ay ay ay)
Under my umbrella
(Ella ella, ay ay ay)
Under my umbrella
(Ella ella, ay ay ay ay, ay ay)

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on April 08, 2013, 05:26:02 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on April 08, 2013, 05:07:44 PM

We can barely afford to pay our expenses never mind go to bloody Australia  :-\
We'd be far better having a first round game in late May against someone handy like Cavan or Armagh :D

We could barely afford to pay for the weekend trip to Donegal last year. I'm not sure is the long wait a good thing or bad. We played Galway in the middle of May & were as flat as pancake. Now a two month wait for away trip against the overpowering Connacht favourites. If anything it will give some of the Brigids lads a break and hopefully by June Donal ward,Cathal Shine,Donal Shine etc will be fully fit.

What can we take out of yesterdays win? it's the 2nd year in a row we have scored 20pts against them clearly they were missing a number of starters though since the Meath game we have defended fairly well which is encouraging. U21s of this year and last have added depth to our panel & when we have every player available it's about finding the right balance.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open