26 counties attitude to City Hall Union Flag

Started by T Fearon, January 13, 2013, 08:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Had the misfortune to pick up a copy of the Sindo today (a rag I wouldn't buy to save my life) and that failed entity Harris mentioned that a survey of people in Dublin revealed that 47% thought that the Union Flag should fly over Belfast City Hall 365 days a year.

It's this attitude that should worry Northern nationalists ten times more than the current antics of unionists in the North.

Jonah

A survey of Dublin people.

What has that got to do with the other 25 counties.

T Fearon

They don't count,in reality.Ask anyone from the West!

Maguire01

I assume that's reference to the RED C poll. If so, it's not limited to Dublin.

Rossfan

I think that the Butcher's apron should NOT fly from any Council Buildings anywhere in the North.
They should only fly the local Council's flag.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

theticklemister

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 13, 2013, 09:02:36 PM
I assume that's reference to the RED C poll. If so, it's not limited to Dublin.

So which province sold us out the most then???

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on January 13, 2013, 08:41:38 PM
Had the misfortune to pick up a copy of the Sindo today (a rag I wouldn't buy to save my life) and that failed entity Harris mentioned that a survey of people in Dublin revealed that 47% thought that the Union Flag should fly over Belfast City Hall 365 days a year.

It's this attitude that should worry Northern nationalists ten times more than the current antics of unionists in the North.

Yes Tony, because violence on the streets should worry you less than Sir Anthony's little helpers.
MWWSI 2017

comethekingdom

Shure isn't there a huge percentage of 6 county nationalists/catholics that would rather stay part of the uk anyway. The unionists should have no fear of a UI yet.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

T Fearon

Does it not indicate a psyche on the part of nearly 50Percent of Southerners that regards the North firmly as British, and a serious doubt that a referendum for a United Ireland held in the 26 counties alone would struggle profusely to return a majority in favour?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

This does not surprise me at all. I might be wrong but there appears to be a growing movement in the Free State to move closer to GB. I tell you the Queen would get plenty of union jack wavers down there if she was to come back anytime soon.

lawnseed

ffs most of the people in dublin believe the union flag should fly over dublin  ::) jackeens
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

muppet

The Indo has published data for the last 5 years telling us that the property market was good value.

They are always ahead of the curve.
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Quote from: muppet on January 13, 2013, 09:48:49 PM

The Indo has published advertising data for the last 5 years telling us that the property market was good value.

They are always ahead of the curve.

Fixed!  :-[

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

They probably thought they were being asked if they thought they would like to fly to Belfast to try some Scrumpy Jack, the other 53% said they would prefer Dutch Gold.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.