Design your own Norn Iron fleg

Started by Milltown Row2, January 12, 2013, 01:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myles Na G.

Quote from: red hander on January 13, 2013, 03:31:56 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2013, 12:13:39 AM
Quote from: red hander on January 12, 2013, 09:40:43 PM
'... A state that turned its back on them from its very inception'

Grossly insulting, naively simplistic, patent and utter bullshit... But unsurprising seeing what quarter it comes from

Well it's not as if they sorted it out, could have at least put a bit more effort into it. Nearly a 90 odd years on and we are still not part of an United Ireland

Put the blame where it squarely lies, the brits who ignored the democratic wishes of the people of Ireland and forced with threat of violence  the setting up of the loyalist statelet in the six counties, and no amount of MnaG's revisionist bullshit alters that fact.
The British had been ignoring the democratic wishes of the people of Ireland for centuries and had been using violence and the threat of violence to keep order. So what was different in the early 1920s? See if you can form an answer without your usual amount of bile and bitterness spilling out all over the keyboard. My money says you can't.

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on January 13, 2013, 08:11:52 AM
yeah i can see myself standing shoulder to shoulder with enda kenny fighting for ireland.. me and alan shatter in the trenches.. myself and vlad varadkar jumping out of a plane into enemy territory.. these guys really make me feel proud to be irish. i think lack of proper leadership in the 26 is the reason that many nationalists in the 6 are turning their back on their all ireland aspirations. the thoughts of having the kenny klan giving me orders and edging their friends into well paid jobs turns my stomach.                                myles is right there'd have to be a complete dung out

What you are saying then is that your desire for a 32 Ireland is a movable feast and conditional on whatever suits yourself?
MWWSI 2017

Dougal Maguire

A plain grey flag would be good as it would save the kerb painters a fortune
Careful now

red hander

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 13, 2013, 09:57:11 AM

Grossly insulting, naively simplistic, patent and utter bullshit... But unsurprising seeing

what quarter it comes from

Well it's not as if they sorted it out, could have at least put a bit more effort into it. Nearly a 90 odd years on and we are still not part of an United Ireland

Put the blame where it squarely lies, the brits who ignored the democratic wishes of the people of Ireland and forced with threat of violence  the setting up of the loyalist statelet in the six counties, and no amount of MnaG's revisionist bullshit alters that fact.
The British had been ignoring the democratic wishes of the people of Ireland for centuries and had been using violence and the threat of violence to keep order. So what was different in the early 1920s? See if you can form an answer without your usual amount of bile and bitterness spilling out all over the keyboard. My money says you can't.

Give me bile and bitterness over falsehoods and lies from the board's biggest pseudo nationalist anytime. You win your bet, now go and stick your head up your hole

Milltown Row2

Quote from: red hander on January 13, 2013, 06:03:35 PM

Grossly insulting, naively simplistic, patent and utter bullshit... But unsurprising seeing

Give me bile and bitterness over falsehoods and lies from the board's biggest pseudo nationalist anytime. You win your bet, now go and stick your head up your hole

Hmmmm...............  you really have made an effort :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Rossfan on January 12, 2013, 03:52:58 PM

Why are they in Government running the Statelet if they don't recognise it.
Amazingly stupid ?  ;D

They do recognise it. There's a difference between liking something and recognising that it exists. The PLO recognised the state of Israel eventually. Didn't make them zionists.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: red hander on January 13, 2013, 06:03:35 PM

It's not either / or in your case, though, it's bile, bitterness and a whole load of chucky ar la shite talk as well. Carry on.  ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 13, 2013, 12:33:33 PM

Ah jeez, not a chance Dougal - there'd be the distinct whiff of real work about that!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Orior

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 13, 2013, 12:33:33 PM

Good one!

Of course the dispute is not about the flag per se, it is about unionists loosing their power and cannot do what they like anymore.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

lawnseed

Quote from: muppet on January 13, 2013, 10:32:23 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on January 13, 2013, 08:11:52 AM
yeah i can see myself standing shoulder to shoulder with enda kenny fighting for ireland.. me and alan shatter in the trenches.. myself and vlad varadkar jumping out of a plane into enemy territory.. these guys really make me feel proud to be irish. i think lack of proper leadership in the 26 is the reason that many nationalists in the 6 are turning their back on their all ireland aspirations. the thoughts of having the kenny klan giving me orders and edging their friends into well paid jobs turns my stomach.                                myles is right there'd have to be a complete dung out

What you are saying then is that your desire for a 32 Ireland is a movable feast and conditional on whatever suits yourself?

what i'm saying is that if i was in a trench with any of the above i'm not a confident that my aim would be where it ought to be. again i ask the question is there a single politician of the 26 whose been in government since partition that could be remotely held up as a true leader with the interests of the country instead of their own interests put first. someone with integrity? someone who didn't feather their own nest? someone who wasn't a bloodsucking leach
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Rossfan

You're some partitionist Lawnseed.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on January 12, 2013, 06:50:40 PM
Quote from: michaelg on January 12, 2013, 06:46:57 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on January 12, 2013, 06:05:31 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 12, 2013, 03:52:58 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on January 12, 2013, 02:53:24 PM
Nationalists and republicans would generally oppose/ignore ANY flag or anthem for a 'state' they don't recognise or at least feel no allegience towards. I'm with the other posters here....amazingly stupid idea!

Why are they in Government running the Statelet if they don't recognise it.
Amazingly stupid ?  ;D

Anyway in the future All Ireland the 6 Cos will be a semi autonomous region so their own flag will be on the agenda.

That statement is amazingly stupid. Republicans/nationalists are in stormont as part of a peace process. Flags and anthems are ways of showing allegience. My point being that u can come up with any makey uppy flag and anthem u want, it will still not make nationalists feel the sligtest bit of allegience to the makey uppy state.
What about the significant numbers of Nationalists in the recent census results who identified themselves as Northern Irish?

Catholics. And i wonder how many of them would ever fly a flag for the makey uppy state. Not too many id say.
Does that mean only 25% of NI's population is nationalist then?

Aristo 60

Quote from: Hardy on January 12, 2013, 04:50:34 PM

Looks like fermanagh and antrim will get to a few more ulster finals at this rate!

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on January 13, 2013, 09:03:13 PM
what i'm saying is that if i was in a trench with any of the above i'm not a confident that my aim would be where it ought to be. again i ask the question is there a single politician of the 26 whose been in government since partition that could be remotely held up as a true leader with the interests of the country instead of their own interests put first. someone with integrity? someone who didn't feather their own nest? someone who wasn't a bloodsucking leach

Your argument is heading exactly the same way as the City Hall Loyalist protestors. Democracy now! Unless I don't like the outcome.
MWWSI 2017