FA CUP 2013

Started by From the Bunker, January 05, 2013, 03:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 06, 2013, 11:12:37 AM
Joe Cole was a regular with Lille for the one season he was on loan there, and I was surprised they didn't sign him permanently. He was running the show in a lot of games along with Edin Hazard (now at chelsea)

Money probably the reason, I don't think Lille were paying his full wages. And Liverpool probably would have wanted a few pound for him as he was well in contract!

rodney trotter

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 06, 2013, 04:37:52 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 06, 2013, 11:12:37 AM
Joe Cole was a regular with Lille for the one season he was on loan there, and I was surprised they didn't sign him permanently. He was running the show in a lot of games along with Edin Hazard (now at chelsea)

Money probably the reason, I don't think Lille were paying his full wages. And Liverpool probably would have wanted a few pound for him as he was well in contract!

Just looked it up there, and it was nothing to do with money. Lille were willing to sign him but Rodgers wanted him back at Liverpool.. Strange, as he never gave him a chance when he came back from the Loan spell.

Gabriel_Hurl

that's not true - he played a lot of the pre-season games

rodney trotter

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 06, 2013, 08:25:01 PM
that's not true - he played a lot of the pre-season games
[/quote

Right yeah, so Rodgers got him back to play in pre season games. Premier league is where you prove your worth.

laoislad

Cole had plenty of chances to impress at Liverpool and didn't take any of them.
Best of luck to him at West Ham.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on January 06, 2013, 09:41:31 PM

Ah hope it goes well for him at WHU. Chelsea did not let his contract run out for nothing. He was 28 when he joined Liverpool and At the time of l signing him, i was sure he was a bargain and would add to the squad. I suppose the quick change of Manager from Hodgeson to Dalglish to Rodgers did not help.

Minder

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 06, 2013, 09:54:48 PM

Ah hope it goes well for him at WHU. Chelsea did not let his contract run out for nothing. He was 28 when he joined Liverpool and At the time of l signing him, i was sure he was a bargain and would add to the squad. I suppose the quick change of Manager from Hodgeson to Dalglish to Rodgers did not help.

I saw some stat the other day, that since 2002/2003 season he has averaged 13 premier league starts, tells its own story. As for Lille being interested in signing him, they probably were but they wouldn't have been paying him £100k a week so Cole would have had no interest in it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

Quote from: Minder on January 06, 2013, 10:11:13 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 06, 2013, 09:54:48 PM

I saw some stat the other day, that since 2002/2003 season he has averaged 13 premier league starts, tells its own story. As for Lille being interested in signing him, they probably were but they wouldn't have been paying him £100k a week so Cole would have had no interest in it.

Yeah if Liverpool hadnt agreed to keep paying him 50K a week for the next 18months of his old contract Joe would have gone no where. All this rubbish about going back home, you reckon he would have gone back to WHU on the 30k that they were offering alone?

laoislad

Stuart Holden back in Bolton squad tonight.
Minder will be a happy man.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

Quote from: laoislad on January 15, 2013, 08:54:47 PM
Stuart Holden back in Bolton squad tonight.
Minder will be a happy man.

Still have nightmares about the thuggery Jonny Evans unleashed on him  :P
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Captain Obvious

FULL-TIME - Norwich 0-1 Luton
Incredible stuff. Non-league Luton have done it, dumping Premier League Norwich City out of the FA Cup - the first team to do so since Sutton United beat Coventry in 1989.

Opta Joe on Twitter: "Luton have become the first non-league side to win away at a top-flight team in the FA Cup since 1986."

snoopdog

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 26, 2013, 04:56:50 PM
Incredible stuff. Non-league Luton have done it, dumping Premier League Norwich City out of the FA Cup - the first team to do so since Sutton United beat Coventry in 1989.

Opta Joe on Twitter: "Luton have become the first non-league side to win away at a top-flight team in the FA Cup since 1986."

Fantastic Result. Luton having some cup run. Still hard to believe they are non league. I remember them in top flight and playing in a Littlewoods cup final.

From the Bunker

Quote from: snoopdog on January 26, 2013, 05:00:53 PM

Fantastic Result. Luton having some cup run. Still hard to believe they are non league. I remember them in top flight and playing in a Littlewoods cup final.

Ditto, the days of Tony Grelish and Paul Walsh!

Littlewoods cup final had

GK   1    Andy Dibble
RB   2    Tim Breacker
LB   3    Rob Johnson
CM   4    Ricky Hill
CB   5    Steve Foster
CB   6    Mal Donaghy
RM   7    Danny Wilson
CM   8    Brian Stein
CF   9    Mick Harford      
CM   10    David Preece      
LM   11    Kingsley Black

DownFanatic

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 26, 2013, 05:07:33 PM

GK   1    Andy Dibble
RB   2    Tim Breacker
LB   3    Rob Johnson
CM   4    Ricky Hill
CB   5    Steve Foster
CB   6    Mal Donaghy
RM   7    Danny Wilson
CM   8    Brian Stein
CF   9    Mick Harford      
CM   10    David Preece      

Black from the North? Think he was.

From the Bunker

Quote from: DownFanatic on January 26, 2013, 06:39:40 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 26, 2013, 05:07:33 PM

GK   1    Andy Dibble
RB   2    Tim Breacker
LB   3    Rob Johnson
CM   4    Ricky Hill
CB   5    Steve Foster
CB   6    Mal Donaghy
RM   7    Danny Wilson
CM   8    Brian Stein
CF   9    Mick Harford      
CM   10    David Preece