2013 - Hopes and dreams

Started by DoYerJob Linesman, January 01, 2013, 12:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

After what has been a traumatic year, health wise,  my main goal this year is to regain lost ground and get myself back to a reasonably healthy state again.
Testing Accessibility

Hardy

I'm going to learn the piano (well, keyboard).

Anyone know any good online resources?

theticklemister

Quote from: Hardy on January 01, 2013, 12:45:00 PM

Do ye have an ipad? Bounds to be tons of apps that ye could use.

Wouldn't mind learning the guitar, saying that for ages. Have a mandolin in me room from my 21st birthday but never managed to get around to learning it. I play the bodhran and whistle but I can't seem to play a stringed instrument.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hardy on January 01, 2013, 12:45:00 PM

I have threatened to do this too. The eldest son is taking lessons at the minute through school but he has zero interest and the wife can play so thinking me learning at the same time might encourage him. When I see the wife playing Beethoven etc. I don't think I will ever get there! I have so far mastered Old Macdonald  8).

ONeill

Quote from: ziggy90 on January 01, 2013, 10:02:57 AM
Happy New Year to all.

It's a beautiful sunny morning here in Hall Green.

Where in Hall Green are you? I lived in the appropriately named Studland Road.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggy90

About two minutes walk from Studland Rd, if you crossed School Rd and walked up Miall Rd you'd be right beside the "High Chapperal". Where did you do your drinking the Maggie's? Vaughans? Maybe you're a sensible kind of chap and frequented the Horseshoe, the Robin or the Plume. Enlighten me further, I may have known you :o.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ziggysego on January 01, 2013, 12:30:04 PM
After what has been a traumatic year, health wise,  my main goal this year is to regain lost ground and get myself back to a reasonably healthy state again.
Great to hear you're on the mend again. Good men are scarce.
(Well, in Tyrone anyway.) ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

The Iceman

1. Be a better husband and daddy
2. Buy 5 acres and build a house
3. Get back into some kind of shape - maybe give P90x a rattle...
4. Get the mountain bike out more than I have in 2012
5. Keep trying to be better than I was yesterday
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Milltown Row2

Sports- to complete a couple of full triathlons. Continue to hurl for the clubs South Antrim team. Get under 20 minutes for 5K.

Health - cut out the shit foods (as he tucks into chicken burger!!) Drink less (currently getting ready for a night out!!) get a six pack

Work - Get some part-time work in another college (I've interview next week) oh and continue with my current job, flat out at the minute so all looks good for the next few years

Home- be less grumpy (really difficult :o) finish off work in house. Would love an extension to house (who wouldn't??)

Think some of these are easy enough to get, some impossible
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ziggysego

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 01, 2013, 02:54:01 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 01, 2013, 12:30:04 PM
Great to hear you're on the mend again. Good men are scarce.
(Well, in Tyrone anyway.) ;D

Cheers..... I think ;)
Testing Accessibility

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 01, 2013, 04:01:46 PM
Sports- to complete a couple of full triathlons. Continue to hurl for the clubs South Antrim team. Get under 20 minutes for 5K.

Health - cut out the shit foods (as he tucks into chicken burger!!) Drink less (currently getting ready for a night out!!) get a six pack

Work - Get some part-time work in another college (I've interview next week) oh and continue with my current job, flat out at the minute so all looks good for the next few years

Home- be less grumpy (really difficult :o) finish off work in house. Would love an extension to house (who wouldn't??)

Same with me on that one, doing ok so far, day 1. avoiding wife and kids is key I feel
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gerrykeegan on January 01, 2013, 05:25:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 01, 2013, 04:01:46 PM

Same with me on that one, doing ok so far, day 1. avoiding wife and kids is key I feel

I don't know what it is but when you get older tolerance levels drop!! Day 2 (my birthday!!) wife at work, one of the kids at school the other sitting about, no hassle so far!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

1) The RSA/Governments deserves credit fro the big reduction in road deaths, now they need to tackle the incredible rise in people taking their own lives. It has touched almost everyone I know in the last 12 months and looks set to rise this year. Jan/Feb will probably be the worst 2 months. It is way beyond time to do something about it.

2) Our various elected officials and representatives are all busy trying to fool us by pretending that they are either in Government or Opposition. They are neither, the Troika is in Government and there is no opposition. I dream that, for once, the little people in the various parties could (even temporarily) ignore their own ideology, their petty local issues and their next elections and unite behind a common cause that would benefit all Irish citizens. I naively hope for a pan-political movement to march on either the tearing up of the Promissory Note, Bank Guarantee or Bank Bailouts, or all 3.

3) Our media took a serious bashing in 2012, RTE in particular. Somehow parts of the print media revelled in this, especially the Indo of all people. They all need to dramatically clean up their acts and here's hoping 2013 is the year.

MWWSI 2017

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Hope that all family and friends stay healthy and are around to welcome in 2014.
Wouldnt mind a new car for myself too though, a proper big  car, but increasing insurances and fuel costs are making it more difficult all the time.

ardal

Very little more to hope for, beyond the health of all friends and family; world peace, be able to visit back home etc, but all in all, really quite content with what life has dished out; although the local gaa club caved in at the end of 2012.

Tedious link to the piano thing. Crossing the road the other day with my 5 yr old son and was waiting at the zebra crossing. No traffic coming either direction and the boy shouts, "let's go papa, piano playing time".  Why isn't the zebra crossing called the piano crossing; ebony and ivory.