The Dinnytron 5000
Ciarrai_thuaidh
Tippabu
Seafoid

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Itchy

Cavan lost 1-8 to 1-12 to Longford.

3 points only for us only in the 2nd half. It highlights our problem, no top notch forwards which will probably mean we won't go too far this year again.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

In the far superior McNulty cup Kildare beat Wexford away last night.

Itchy

Played tonight Longford 2-14 Roscommon 1-10.

Poor old Ros get the wooden spoon. Things are so bad sphilis hasn't made an appearance on this thread at all this year. Fair weather supporter I suppose.

maigheo

Quote from: Itchy on January 13, 2017, 09:34:17 PM
Played tonight Longford 2-14 Roscommon 1-10.

Poor old Ros get the wooden spoon. Things are so bad sphilis hasn't made an appearance on this thread at all this year. Fair weather supporter I suppose.
[/quoteTto busy posting on the Mayo threads telling us how bad we are is more like it

Rossfan

We have been awful but seems we've gone through about 40 players in the 3 games.
Add in shoestring budget, a rookie manager appointed at the tail end of the year (when all other candidates withdrew) plus 2 poor minor teams in 14 and 15 we're in severe danger of losing all 4 competitive games.
Ah well.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on January 14, 2017, 11:14:40 AM
We have been awful but seems we've gone through about 40 players in the 3 games.
Add in shoestring budget, a rookie manager appointed at the tail end of the year (when all other candidates withdrew) plus 2 poor minor teams in 14 and 15 we're in severe danger of losing all 4 competitive games.
Ah well.....
Hastings cup could have shield section yet. 3rd v 4th and 4th v 3rd in the groups fare off for a place in the shield final.

Blowitupref

This afternoon results.

Leitrim 2-14 Offaly 2-8
Cavan 1-16 Westmeath 2-10

Semi final line up for next weekend

Meath v Cavan
Longford v Leitrim

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Rossfan on January 14, 2017, 11:14:40 AM
Ah well.....

I thought Mulryan is back flashing the cash after keeping a low profile through the NAMA bailout?

Kildare were beat by Clare by a point but had a very much 2nd maybe 3rd string team out.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: sligoman2 on January 03, 2017, 04:12:26 PM
Sligo beat donegal 2-13 to 2-7 today in the north west cup.
Don't know how many players were missing from both sides but an away win v donegal is always a bonus for us.  Maybe some of the college success is starting to show at the u21 level
Another good win for Sligo tonight.

Sligo 2-5 Mayo 0-10

sligoman2

Good result for Sligo.  I'm assuming there was a lot of wind as we only scored 2 points in the second half and mayo only scored 2 in the first half.

Great to beat both donegal and mayo in succession.
Well done to all involved
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

ck

Quote from: sligoman2 on January 14, 2017, 08:16:05 PM
Good result for Sligo.  I'm assuming there was a lot of wind as we only scored 2 points in the second half and mayo only scored 2 in the first half.

Yes great result. We hammered Donegal and now we beat the All Ireland champions. Three years ago this team promised great things but under achieved. This could be the year they come of age.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: ck on January 14, 2017, 09:15:41 PM

Yes great result. We hammered Donegal and now we beat the All Ireland champions. Three years ago this team promised great things but under achieved. This could be the year they come of age.
last decent U21 team Sligo had was in 1999

magpie seanie

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 14, 2017, 10:25:29 PM

last decent U21 team Sligo had was in 1999

What criteria do you use for that?

magpie seanie

Yes, lets hope so. Obviously no one near championship level but any wins over Donegal and Mayo are always welcome.