AZ Offaly
That Westmeath lad that hates Syferus
Shamrock Shore
The Dinnytron 5000
Ciarrai_thuaidh
Tippabu
Seafoid

Itchy

Cavan 1-13 Meath 0-12. Close game but Cavan hit 6 in a row in the last 6/7 minutes.

Elsewhere a stunning result as the almighty Ros were embarrassed in their own back yard by pesky west Meath losing 14 to 10. We can only guess the ref was a gobshite or the wrong studs were in use or Westmeath played 6 players over 25 years old.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Itchy on January 02, 2016, 03:22:55 PM
Cavan 1-13 Meath 0-12. Close game but Cavan hit 6 in a row in the last 6/7 minutes.

Elsewhere a stunning result as the almighty Ros were embarrassed in their own back yard by pesky west Meath losing 14 to 10. We can only guess the ref was a gobshite or the wrong studs were in use or Westmeath played 6 players over 25 years old.
Unless they've moved Mullingar into Connacht, the games was in Westmeath

Itchy

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 02, 2016, 04:10:28 PM

Still, a seismic shock. If Acrington Stanley bet Barcelona it would be irrelevant what the venue was. Cavan could suffer the backlash in a few weeks time.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Itchy on January 02, 2016, 04:41:32 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 02, 2016, 04:10:28 PM

Still, a seismic shock. If Acrington Stanley bet Barcelona it would be irrelevant what the venue was. Cavan could suffer the backlash in a few weeks time.

As Syferus will tell you it's not unusual for Westmeath to beat Roscommon in this competition.

Quote from: Syferus on January 18, 2014, 03:21:27 PM
Ros 0-13 Westmeath 1-13 FT.

Shrewdness

Itchy, for your own sake, you should try to get your facts straight. It will save you from making a bollix of yourself, like you did above. Very experimental Ros team today btw.

Rossfan

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 02, 2016, 06:42:10 PM
Itchy, for your own sake, you should try to get your facts straight. It will save you from making a bollix of yourself, like you did above. Very experimental Ros team today btw.
No Harney, Compton or D Murtagh e.g.
Good 2nd and 3rd quarters by our  lads but fell away badly in the last one being outscored something like 7-2.
We weren't hectic in the middle third and of course 10 handfcukinpasses when 1 or 2 would do.
Westmeath bench acting like it was the AI Final!!.
Leitrim played the Biffs on the pitch after our game.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on January 02, 2016, 06:47:32 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on January 02, 2016, 06:42:10 PM
No Harney, Compton or D Murtagh e.g.
Good 2nd and 3rd quarters by our  lads but fell away badly in the last one being outscored something like 7-2.
We weren't hectic in the middle third and of course 10 handfcukinpasses when 1 or 2 would do.
Westmeath bench acting like it was the AI Final!!.
Leitrim played the Biffs on the pitch after our game.

Had to laugh at that but in bold considering some of your comrades on here.

Shrewdness, calm down now good lad. I know the result is deeply upsetting but ye are not out of this critical tournament just yet. I just hope Cavan can bridge years of hurt and bring the Hastings home.

moysider

Great to see Midland and Midulster teams bitching between themselves ;D

Itchy

Quote from: moysider on January 03, 2016, 12:45:11 AM

How would Cavan be in mid ulster ya pleb. All out for the Hastings we are, bring her home lads.

moysider

Quote from: Itchy on January 03, 2016, 12:49:38 AM
Quote from: moysider on January 03, 2016, 12:45:11 AM

How would Cavan be in mid ulster ya pleb. All out for the Hastings we are, bring her home lads.

North Midlands so or just Midlands so ya contrary bollicks. Happy New Year ::)

ck

What teams are in this competition? Sligo U.21s played yesterday but not sure what competition it was

Itchy

Sligo in a different tournament with donegal, Fermanagh and mayo I think. Gaa hq said there can be no more than 8 teams in these u21 pre season tournaments. So that's Longford, Cavan, Ros, Leitrim, Meath, Offaly, Westmeath and Wicklow I think.

ck

Anyone tell me more about the Sligo U.21 competition. Apparently it's called the North West cup?
Are there other 21 tournaments as well as the Hastings cup?

Blowitupref

Quote from: ck on January 03, 2016, 08:50:54 PM
Anyone tell me more about the Sligo U.21 competition. Apparently it's called the North West cup?
Are there other 21 tournaments as well as the Hastings cup?
A page back on this thread I posted up fixtures. Other than those three there is another competition in Ulster called the shamrock cup Tyrone Antrim and a few others take part in that.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

ck

Would anyone share my view that these pre season U.21 competitions are a bit of a nonsense?. The GAA should step in and take control of them. The reality is that most of this age group are at college or school therefore playing in college school competitions too. Either that or disband school competitions. I see it in my club all the time, young lads playing in too many competitions serving too many masters. There is never any winners and player development can be hampered.