20+ murdered in US school shooting. Many primary school children among the dead.

Started by Puckoon, December 14, 2012, 06:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NetNitrate

Quote from: whitey on December 15, 2012, 03:04:43 PM
Oh FFS, we have a shooting and this gun control shite starts up again. CT has probably the strictest gun control laws in the flicking country. I know, I lived there for 5 years. (BTW I don't own a gun and don't want to either)

This lady has a mentally unstable adult son living under her roof, yet she chooses to (1) keep guns on the premises and (2) obviously keep them in such a manner that he can gain access to them.

Why didn't she get them the Fvck out of the house and get her son the help he so obviously needed.

If he had stolen her car and ploughed into a group of school kids at a bus stop do you think we should ban cars.

How strict can the gun controls be if she can own 5 and also take her son with a mental disability to the shooting range to practice?

stew

Quote from: NetNitrate on December 16, 2012, 08:35:40 PM
Oh FFS, we have a shooting and this gun control shite starts up again. CT has probably the strictest gun control laws in the flicking country. I know, I lived there for 5 years. (BTW I don't own a gun and don't want to either)

This lady has a mentally unstable adult son living under her roof, yet she chooses to (1) keep guns on the premises and (2) obviously keep them in such a manner that he can gain access to them.

Why didn't she get them the Fvck out of the house and get her son the help he so obviously needed.

If he had stolen her car and ploughed into a group of school kids at a bus stop do you think we should ban cars.

How strict can the gun controls be if she can own 5 and also take her son with a mental disability to the shooting range to practice?

I have a mate over here with two sons that have the same illness as the animal that killed these children, he wouldnt have a gun about the place and when he came to our place to do some work he insisted I get the gun offside before he would start (the older boy was with him) My point is that he keeps his kids as safe as possible regarding the use of guns and yer mans ma actually had him practicing with one at a shooting gallery, the mind boggles!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

whitey

Quote from: stew on December 16, 2012, 10:57:41 PM
Quote from: NetNitrate on December 16, 2012, 08:35:40 PM

I have a mate over here with two sons that have the same illness as the animal that killed these children, he wouldnt have a gun about the place and when he came to our place to do some work he insisted I get the gun offside before he would start (the older boy was with him) My point is that he keeps his kids as safe as possible regarding the use of guns and yer mans ma actually had him practicing with one at a shooting gallery, the mind boggles!

Many years ago, one of my siblings went off the rails with drink. Then he fell in with the wrong crowd. Then that crowd got into a big beef with another shower of wamkers to the point of a shotgun (not ours) being produced. The oul fella got wind of what was going on, and his own shotgun was summarily deposited up to the Guards barracks-where for all I know it still resides today-and that was almost 20 years ago. In fact it's a big joke at family gatherings

Point is, all the laws in the land can legislate for stupidity.

whitey

http://www.nrawinningteam.com/scotttext.html

Thought this might give some context to the dialogue.  Not saying I agree or disagree with him. I am in favor of gun control, even though my initial post may not have expressed that. But additional laws are not the only answer to a terrible dilemma we have found ourselves in

nifan

Declan

Here's a South Carolina newspaper's coverage of the massacre at Sandy Hook alongside a huge ad for Christmas deals on Smith & Wesson handguns and assault rifles. They later issued an apology for the "unfortunate juxtaposition."

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Declan on December 17, 2012, 08:48:01 AM
Here's a South Carolina newspaper's coverage of the massacre at Sandy Hook alongside a huge ad for Christmas deals on Smith & Wesson handguns and assault rifles. They later issued an apology for the "unfortunate juxtaposition."

Unfooking real!!! Has to be the biggest fcuk up I've seen
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

The gun is so engrained into American culture, its hard to see what legislation would actually make a difference in the sort term.

Banning semi and fully automatic weapons would be a start, but that hasn't got a snowballs chance in hell of getting through senate.

I think they're really going to have to live with these types of murders for the foreseeable future.

The Iceman

I really cant see anything changing. There are few people that I have spoken to who will even admit there is a problem. They will point to all the excuses but never believe its the Guns. I'm in shock at it all. There has to be an element of brain washing over the years to get everyone to that point.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

magpie seanie

Quote from: whitey on December 17, 2012, 02:43:21 AM

Thought this might give some context to the dialogue.  Not saying I agree or disagree with him. I am in favor of gun control, even though my initial post may not have expressed that. But additional laws are not the only answer to a terrible dilemma we have found ourselves in

Why do people keep saying this rubbish? It's mealy mouthed weasel words. Laws are the first thing that have to change. I accept there are other things that must be done but the time for kicking the can down the road on this is long gone. Face up to it.

LeoMc

Last Friday two madmen in two different Countries went into primary schools to attack children. In one Country  23 children were injured with a knife. In the other 20 children were killed with an assault rifle.

Looking at the end results of these 2 attacks it beggars belief that anyone could argue against gun control.
You cannot legislate against stupidity but you should legislate to prevent the stupid from having access to weapons.

seafoid

"We've refused to honor God, and in doing so we opened the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tradgedy occurs, politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that continue to erode away our personal and private liberties. "

There  was no hatred in the US when god fearing white men were lynching niggas after Sunday service.
That article is a crock.

magpie seanie

Quote from: seafoid on December 17, 2012, 04:09:38 PM

"We've refused to honor God, and in doing so we opened the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tradgedy occurs, politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that continue to erode away our personal and private liberties. "

There  was no hatred in the US when god fearing white men were lynching niggas after Sunday service.
That article is a crock.

Ya. The "Christian right" in the US for want of a better term are among the most un-Christian people I have ever seen or heard anywhere.

Main Street

Ireland has enough of the bigoted christian right, they just don't carry guns,
otherwise the ethnic underclass, Traveller homesteads, would be riddled with God's pellets.

Main Street