Ulster Colleges - Treated Fairly?

Started by theticklemister, December 06, 2012, 07:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Very often you'll hear older lads talking about "It was great in my day, but not any more" type rubbish. To suggest scrapping the Sigerson just highlights your ignorance. Ask any young college player and they want to play in it and hold it very dearly. Playing in a Sigerson cup match is a big deal for players and represents a graduation in footballing terms.
The reason it gets so much media attention is because of its tradition and heritage but most of all it's quality of football.

Donnellys Hollow

I think the Sigerson is a great competition but I would question how beneficial the January inter-county competitions are for the third level colleges.

Maynooth have done very well in the Sigerson in the past two years and they have never competed in the O'Byrne Cup due to it clashing with their January exams.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Wildweasel74

when i was at UUJ the team they have was ridiculous, i think they had 32 county men, the height of madness, Eamon Burns of Derry and Brian burns of Down were at the uni that year, (maybe theirs finals or masters/) but weren't even playing. There 3rd team that yr had  3 county men. UUJ no where near as strong now, this been round 95/96 after Derry and Down had won the all Ireland