Stuart Hall...Its a lockup.

Started by T Fearon, December 05, 2012, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: orangeman on August 15, 2013, 05:32:23 PM
What does DLT stand for in that man's language ?

One of his catch phrases was Dave Lee Travis coming at ye through the cornflakes
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

BennyCake

Rolf "Chopper" Harris - who would have thunk it?

seafoid

Quote from: BennyCake on August 29, 2013, 06:28:25 PM
Rolf "Chopper" Harris - who would have thunk it?
Tan me hide when my career is dead, Fred

It's great that they have nailed him while he's still alive.

T Fearon

What about the thousands of indecent images he made...with his paintbrush!

johnneycool

LeoMc

ziggysego

Michael "Kevin Webster" Le Vell is a free man.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: ziggysego on September 10, 2013, 04:30:07 PM

The face of one very relieved man.

seafoid

Quote from: ziggysego on September 10, 2013, 04:30:07 PM
It sounded like a stitch up. Surely there should be some sanction against fraudsters like this who use the threat of being known as a paedo to destroy careers. There was a case like this in Limerick recently as well.   

T Fearon

DLT should be rearrested and charged with membership of Laurie Lingo and the Dipsticks fpr the 1976 crime called "Convoy"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: give her dixie on February 13, 2014, 02:29:17 PM
Dave Lee Travis has been cleared

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/uk/dj-dave-lee-travis-not-guilty-of-12-indecent-assault-charges-30007443.html

It's a bit like the McCarthy witch-hunts of the 50's, desperate stuff. I'm not saying this stuff didn't happen but it basically throws a cloud over all that's happened
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Yeah. This is a double edge dose of shitty. These people are not guilty and after getting absolutely trashed in the media, and now it will make it even more difficult for cases to be successfully prosecuted in the future. Victims will be reluctant to come forward, juries will be thinking that this could be another publicity driven case. Shit all round basically.

AQMP

The decision on whether to prosecute a case or not is usually based on whether there is a "reasonable prospect of a conviction".  According to my contacts in the legal fraternity this means more than a 50/50 chance.  Maybe with the Roache and DLT cases as precedents prosecutors might re-assess, with alleged offences happening a long time in the past and with no forensic, physical or witness  evidence (bar the alleged victim), whether the chances of a conviction are reasonable or not.

On a related note I see Freddie Starr was arrested again a few days ago.