Stuart Hall...Its a lockup.

Started by T Fearon, December 05, 2012, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Two little boys and two little toys.

nifan

feck sake lads there was a 9 year old allegedly abused here and its barely mentioned amongst the weak jokes.

Tony Baloney

How on earth can these cases be proven one way or other after so long? Very unfair on the accused and it is obvious someone is feeding these stories to the press.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 06, 2012, 10:28:34 PM
How on earth can these cases be proven one way or other after so long? Very unfair on the accused and it is obvious someone is feeding these stories to the press.

Just this once you can rule Max Clifford out.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stew

Quote from: Cold tea on December 06, 2012, 12:20:59 PM
You have to love this board, so called adults getting a kick making jokes about pure evil tramps using their positions within the community to rape and abuse children, sure as long as you can have a laugh about it!!   :-[

Thinking the same thing myself, fcuk sake boys, that is poor form!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Main Street

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 06, 2012, 10:28:34 PM
Hall is being charged with 3 offenses of indecent assault, which he denies.
I'd assume that one charge is very difficult to prove but with 3 charges coming from 3 different directions, would in theory support each other and greatly increase the chances of making them stick.  Evidence would presumably be added that in fact the victims did suffer a trauma at the time.
The point here is not so much to punish a wrongdoer, it is to finally offer some level of vindication to the victims and this is the process, time does not negate the necessity for that process. 

"The charges are that between 1 September 1974 and 31 December 1974 he indecently assaulted a woman who was then aged 16 or 17 years, that between 1 January 1983 and 31 December 1983 he indecently assaulted a girl then aged 8 or 9 years, and that between 1 July 1984 and 27 September 1984 he indecently assaulted a girl then aged 13 years. He has been bailed to appear at Preston magistrates court on 7 January 2013.
"This decision is made in accordance with the code for crown prosecutors and I have concluded that there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction and that it is in the public interest to prosecute this case."

Cold tea

Quote from: nifan on December 06, 2012, 10:06:56 PM
feck sake lads there was a 9 year old allegedly abused here and its barely mentioned amongst the weak jokes.

Spot on NIFAN - the jokes here are pathetic, children have been raped and abused yet the people on this board can only make crap jokes, they should be ashamed of themselves.  Such an horrific thing to happen to any child, but as long as the lads can have a laugh!  ::)

deiseach

Good to see the spirit of Helen Lovejoy is in robust health on this thread.

Cold tea

Quote from: deiseach on December 07, 2012, 08:47:06 AM
Good to see the spirit of Helen Lovejoy is in robust health on this thread.

Dickhead.  ::)

Main Street

Helen would never resort to such crude and abusive language.

ziggysego

Quote from: nifan on December 06, 2012, 10:06:56 PM

Spot on nifan. Perhaps that's why these celebs, priests, etc have been getting away with it for years. Rather than face the problem and deal with these evil criminals, most would rather turn and pretend it didn't happen by cracking a poorly taste joke.
Testing Accessibility

deiseach

Quote from: ziggysego on December 07, 2012, 10:24:05 AM
Spot on nifan. Perhaps that's why these celebs, priests, etc have been getting away with it for years. Rather than face the problem and deal with these evil criminals, most would rather turn and pretend it didn't happen by cracking a poorly taste joke.

So let me get this straight. Making jokes today about events that happened decades ago allowed those events that happened decades to happen?

nifan

QuoteSo let me get this straight. Making jokes today about events that happened decades ago allowed those events that happened decades to happen?

I dont agree with that line of argument.
I did think there would be more substantive comment on the serious nature of the alleged crimes rather than an attempt at frankie boyle-esque humour by everyone.

Cold tea

No making jokes at the expense of children who were raped and abused is sick!

Main Street

Quote from: nifan on December 07, 2012, 10:38:43 AM
QuoteSo let me get this straight. Making jokes today about events that happened decades ago allowed those events that happened decades to happen?

I dont agree with that line of argument.
I did think there would be more substantive comment on the serious nature of the alleged crimes rather than an attempt at frankie boyle-esque humour by everyone.

Everyone??