Stuart Hall...Its a lockup.

Started by T Fearon, December 05, 2012, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Quote from: deiseach on December 07, 2012, 10:31:44 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on December 07, 2012, 10:24:05 AM
Spot on nifan. Perhaps that's why these celebs, priests, etc have been getting away with it for years. Rather than face the problem and deal with these evil criminals, most would rather turn and pretend it didn't happen by cracking a poorly taste joke.

So let me get this straight. Making jokes today about events that happened decades ago allowed those events that happened decades to happen?

I've just received my invite to Kilcoo GAC's annual fundraiser "A Night At The Racists".

That is a mildy amusing quip about a serious issue.  However it has not changed my views on what happened last Sunday nor IMHO does it attempt to sweep it under the carpet.  Similarly the Frankie Boyle tweet about an X Factor contestant "Christopher Maloney looks like the uncle who gets arrested when a child goes missing" in my view, doesn't suggest Mr Maloney is a child kidnapper nor does it trivialise the serious issue of child abduction.  It's a joke??

deiseach

Quote from: Cold tea on December 07, 2012, 10:39:14 AM
No making jokes at the expense of children who were raped and abused is sick!

No, people are making jokes at the expense of Stuart Hall. Did you take the same amount of umbrage at every Michael Jackson joke that did the rounds?

deiseach

Quote from: AQMP on December 07, 2012, 10:46:43 AM
I've just received my invite to Kilcoo GAC's annual fundraiser "A Night At The Racists".

That is a mildy amusing quip about a serious issue.  However it has not changed my views on what happened last Sunday nor IMHO does it attempt to sweep it under the carpet.  Similarly the Frankie Boyle tweet about an X Factor contestant "Christopher Maloney looks like the uncle who get arrested when a child goes missing" in my view, doesn't suggest Mr Moloney is a child kidnapper nor does it trivialise the serious issue of child abduction.  It's a joke??

I just hope no-one on this thread ever sees The Producers.

Cold tea

Quote from: deiseach on December 07, 2012, 10:47:30 AM

No, people are making jokes at the expense of Stuart Hall. Did you take the same amount of umbrage at every Michael Jackson joke that did the rounds?

Grow up you p***k - It's a c**k out and hope he kept his joker in etc directly relate to this bastard abusing children.

deiseach

Quote from: Cold tea on December 07, 2012, 10:52:49 AM
Grow up you p***k - It's a c**k out and hope he kept his joker in etc directly relate to this b**tard abusing children.

As I said - don't ever watch The Producers.

Main Street

Is this another version of the 'Belfast Crazed Bigot' perhaps?
Or someone is trying to pull my leg, some perverse reverse Nordie humour?

Billys Boots

Quoteperverse reverse Nordie humour

Is there another kind?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AQMP

Quote from: Billys Boots on December 07, 2012, 11:30:33 AM
Quoteperverse reverse Nordie humour

Is there another kind?

I've touted on you to Amazon.

Billys Boots

Main Street

Nordie                        "I've touted on you"
Southern Gentleman  "Thank you very much"

Billys Boots

Wow, a gentleman and a criminal in the same day - I must be the Raffles of Larryland!

thebigfella

Grow up you p***k - It's a c**k out and hope he kept his joker in etc directly relate to this b**tard abusing children.

Bit much, did Stuart Hall touch you up?

Cold tea

Quote from: thebigfella on December 07, 2012, 12:53:39 PM

Bit much, did Stuart Hall touch you up?

Another p***k!

Hardy

Quote from: deiseach on December 07, 2012, 10:50:30 AM
Quote from: AQMP on December 07, 2012, 10:46:43 AM

That is a mildy amusing quip about a serious issue.  However it has not changed my views on what happened last Sunday nor IMHO does it attempt to sweep it under the carpet.  Similarly the Frankie Boyle tweet about an X Factor contestant "Christopher Maloney looks like the uncle who get arrested when a child goes missing" in my view, doesn't suggest Mr Moloney is a child kidnapper nor does it trivialise the serious issue of child abduction.  It's a joke??

Perfect analogy. And an impressive sidestep of Godwin's law to pull it off.

deiseach

Quote from: Hardy on December 08, 2012, 10:46:38 AM
Quote from: deiseach on December 07, 2012, 10:50:30 AM

Perfect analogy. And an impressive sidestep of Godwin's law to pull it off.

Don't be stupid, be a smarty, come and join the <censored>.