Unpaid M50 toll - advice needed!

Started by gallsman, December 04, 2012, 08:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: Ulick on July 06, 2015, 02:41:19 PM
I said "potential" penalty of 5000%. If you read my previous posts you'll see how the English company (http://www.epcplc.com/) administrating the scheme have it deliberately arranged ensure that those "potential" circumstances occur a lot more than they should.

We'd never put up that south of the border. We've got Joe Duffy.

Bingo

Quote from: Bingo on July 06, 2015, 02:26:23 PM
Quote from: Ulick on July 06, 2015, 02:13:43 PM
Quote from: Bingo on July 06, 2015, 02:10:38 PM
Just pay the toll when you use the M50 or register online for a free account and discounted toll charge. Its not rocket science.

If you don't want to pay the toll, avoid the bloody motorway. Its a choice.

No sympathy for your man and he is just a bloody chancer who likely wants everything but doesn't want to pay for it.

Northern addresses were not included when the website first opened. As I said, have no issue with the principle of paying a toll, just the potential of a 5000% penalty if I'm five minutes late in paying it.

I know you know this is totally incorrect. You have ample time to pay it, even when late to avoid paying a higher charge and you shouldn't really have an excuse unless you are leaving the country for a prolonged period. Even at it, paying it and remembering to pay it should be a priority.
I said "potential" penalty of 5000%. If you read my previous posts you'll see how the English company (http://www.epcplc.com/) administrating the scheme have it deliberately arranged ensure that those "potential" circumstances occur a lot more than they should.

Easily avoided. Just pay when you should.

armaghniac

Quote from: Bingo on July 06, 2015, 03:20:25 PM
Quote from: Bingo on July 06, 2015, 02:26:23 PM
Quote from: Ulick on July 06, 2015, 02:13:43 PM
Just pay the toll when you use the M50 or register online for a free account and discounted toll charge. Its not rocket science.

No sympathy for your man and he is just a bloody chancer who likely wants everything but doesn't want to pay for it.

Northern addresses were not included when the website first opened. As I said, have no issue with the principle of paying a toll, just the potential of a 5000% penalty if I'm five minutes late in paying it.

I know you know this is totally incorrect. You have ample time to pay it, even when late to avoid paying a higher charge and you shouldn't really have an excuse unless you are leaving the country for a prolonged period. Even at it, paying it and remembering to pay it should be a priority.

Easily avoided. Just pay when you should.

Or indeed go a different route if you have some philosophical objection to the above.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Nigel White

Wish to God someone had told me about this earlier, would have saved me a fortune in fines. Just registered for a video account, seems a brilliant idea. Thanks for that

general_lee

Surely a bit of black tape and a few 'L's into 'E's etc would solve your problem, if you were so inclined.

93-DY-SAM

Received a letter today from some company EPC PLC about an unpaid M50 toll - I live in the North. The letter looks like it is from eFlow as it has their branded header but the payment is directing you to this EPC PLC crowds website who appear to be UK based. The amount is only 5.79 but it is in GBP. Anyone any experience with this crowd and should I just pay it and be done with it?

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: angermanagement on July 18, 2019, 05:19:45 PM
Just pay it.

No worries. Am not disputing it. I thought our new car was registered and had forgot all about it. Just wanted to make sure this crowd was legit before making any payment.

Tony Baloney

Pay it. I've had a bit of handling with them due to my own stupidity. I paid the toll late and got a first fine of 11 euro and as I paid my toll before receiving this letter I stupidly ignored this and then got an 88 euro fine from EPC who are their UK recovery operation it seems. I contacted them and sent them a screenshot of my payment so they waived the fine, but for the sake of the fiver (which is the original toll fee) just get it paid.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 18, 2019, 05:39:09 PM
Pay it. I've had a bit of handling with them due to my own stupidity. I paid the toll late and got a first fine of 11 euro and as I paid my toll before receiving this letter I stupidly ignored this and then got an 88 euro fine from EPC who are their UK recovery operation it seems. I contacted them and sent them a screenshot of my payment so they waived the fine, but for the sake of the fiver (which is the original toll fee) just get it paid.

Cheers. I just wanted to make sure it was legit before paying anything.

Milltown Row2

I got a message from my leased car company about a unpaid toll, £350 quid they were looking ! Contacted Eflow paid the £6 quid and that was that. I never got an email about it or knew about it as the company has paid it for years and I just thought it was automatically paid!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

shawshank

Live in the north. Had travelled for a job in the far side of Dublin for about 4 weeks and hadn't paid for the M50. Got a EPC letter in the door citing that this was the second time they had sent the letter and were going to go to a debt collecting agency if unpaid. Any of you had this experience, is it genuine threat, any of you been in this position recently?

Armagh18

Quote from: shawshank on April 24, 2023, 11:31:50 AM
Live in the north. Had travelled for a job in the far side of Dublin for about 4 weeks and hadn't paid for the M50. Got a EPC letter in the door citing that this was the second time they had sent the letter and were going to go to a debt collecting agency if unpaid. Any of you had this experience, is it genuine threat, any of you been in this position recently?
Genuinely forgot to pay it and got letter with maybe €80 fine or whatever it is, said f**k that and binned it. Havent heard anything since and this was from October.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: shawshank on April 24, 2023, 11:31:50 AM

It's a bollox, recently had that group send a letter, this was after I'd tried to pay for the toll but the system wasn't recognising my car reg, so o opened an account and added money to it.

Letter came and after chats with both parties I ended up paying double what was owed!

Eflow have issues with their system not recognising it easier or quicker and this debt chasing agency is handy way for them to get their money regardless
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dougal Maguire

As was said above, contact them and come to an agreement
Careful now