Belfast rioting over removal of Union Jack

Started by Maurice Moss, December 04, 2012, 02:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgeddon

I see they are deleting posts asking about why they are doing nothing.

theskull1

I want to know in detail what these tracksuit  wearing scarf faced young whipper snappers do to maintain his britishness.

All this talk of loosing their identity being nationalists fault needs disected but every time its spouted out without anyone asking them to explain exactly what they mean
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

lawnseed

Quote from: theskull1 on December 17, 2012, 11:38:26 PM
I want to know in detail what these tracksuit  wearing scarce faced young whipper snappers do to maintain his britishness.

All this talk of loosing their identity being nationalists fault needs disected but every time its spouted out without anyone asking them to explain exactly what they mean

theyre scared GB are going stop sending the cheque. cameron needs to start a war somewhere and not a push button one a real one where theres jungle and mozzies and crotch-rot and send these crowd out to fight for their flag..
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

tyroneman

Funny little word, 'Democracy'.

Britain prides itself on being a bastion of it, a leading light by which to illuminate dictatorships everywhere, yet those who see themselves as the most British of all cannot abide those very same values.

theticklemister

Had a laugh at the utv report there when interviewing some of the protesters. One woman about 60 had a minnie mouse style head band in the form of a union jack on head while the young fellow in the background showing the union jack had a figure of Santa claus right in the centre of the flag. Hilarious.

All these protests have been fuelled by not only an attack on their britishness but also their religion so it seems. Them flyers handed out has called on ' all protestants to bring the country to a standstill' . For centuries unionism has tried to intertwine religion with nationality, a potent mix. Religion in my opinion should have nothing to do with nationality, but a certain battle of the boyne helped cement this in the minds of a few people

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on December 17, 2012, 11:38:26 PM
I want to know in detail what these tracksuit  wearing scarce faced young whipper snappers do to maintain his britishness.

I was thinking the exact same thing this evening. Nobody has ever been able to articulate what exactly this "alienation" and "frustration" is, now we know it is basically a tactic of asking for more money for the chosen few in their area to set up "community jobs" bit they are never challenged on specifics or detail.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Nally Stand

Quote from: theticklemister on December 17, 2012, 11:49:38 PM
Had a laugh at the utv report there when interviewing some of the protesters. One woman about 60 had a minnie mouse style head band in the form of a union jack on head

Behold.... a loyalist:
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

theticklemister

That's the  lassie!!!!!!!..............  now. I'll double yer points if you can find the wee lad with the santa in the heart of the union jack

year til sunday

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 18, 2012, 12:02:41 AM
Quote from: theticklemister on December 17, 2012, 11:49:38 PM
Had a laugh at the utv report there when interviewing some of the protesters. One woman about 60 had a minnie mouse style head band in the form of a union jack on head

Behold.... a loyalist:

funny as...

sweet f**k if it wasn't causing so much havoc regarding folks going about their ordinary everyday lives, trying to get home from work during the festive season, and folks trying to make a living through retail during the festive season - then you'd just egg them on for another week or two to see what they'll throw up

despite wanting them all to crawl back under the rock from whence they came i think the madness has a good 10 days left in it yet, when it starts to make the bbc and itn main bulletins then it'll gradually grind to a halt

Nally Stand

Quote from: theticklemister on December 18, 2012, 12:06:42 AM
That's the  lassie!!!!!!!..............  now. I'll double yer points if you can find the wee lad with the santa in the heart of the union jack

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

theskull1

Somebody pls educate this forgotten strand of unionism

They obviously have such a spoon fed version of history and no ambition, they'll do everything to keep believing what they've always been fed

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

dillinger

enough is enough. i have just left hospital after two weeks in tensive  caree. forvive my spelling but money could be better spent.

AQMP

I had planned a couple of weeks ago to go to Belfast last night for some last minute Xmas shopping with Mrs AQMP and the AQMP Ogs.  We decided to leave the Ogs at home and me and herself would give it a lash.  Flew down the motorway, off at Divis Street straight into Castle Court, very little traffic, into town, hardly a sinner about.  Got everything done in just over an hour and a half (usually takes about 3 hrs if it's busy).  Had a nice coffee and a bun (no queue), left Belfast at 8:30pm, virtually no traffic and back in the house before 10:15pm.  Brilliant. ;D  The only protestors I saw all night were on the telly when I got home.

Thanks lads, for helping out a GAA man!!

tyssam5

Quote from: AQMP on December 18, 2012, 09:44:23 AM
I had planned a couple of weeks ago to go to Belfast last night for some last minute Xmas shopping with Mrs AQMP and the AQMP Ogs.  We decided to leave the Ogs at home and me and herself would give it a lash.  Flew down the motorway, off at Divis Street straight into Castle Court, very little traffic, into town, hardly a sinner about.  Got everything done in just over an hour and a half (usually takes about 3 hrs if it's busy).  Had a nice coffee and a bun (no queue), left Belfast at 8:30pm, virtually no traffic and back in the house before 10:15pm.  Brilliant. ;D  The only protestors I saw all night were on the telly when I got home.

Johnny Harvey is the chairman of UPV, the United Protestant Voice, which has helped to organise some of the protests over the last few weeks.

He said people had a right to "show discontent" about the removal of the flag but said they should be peaceful.

"We're trying to put our voice out there in as public a way as possible," he said.

"We've had no luck with speaking to our politicians and trying to get our message across by that means."

He said that it was not the fault of protesters that some businesses were losing out on Christmas trade.

"Everything is being blamed on the protests, but at the end of the day we're in a double-dip recession here and the online surge in shopping is growing," he said, adding that most protests were peaceful.

Economist Johnny here explains it for you!

tyssam5

Quote from: tyssam5 on December 18, 2012, 01:15:54 PM
Quote from: AQMP on December 18, 2012, 09:44:23 AM

Johnny Harvey is the chairman of UPV, the United Protestant Voice, which has helped to organise some of the protests over the last few weeks.

He said people had a right to "show discontent" about the removal of the flag but said they should be peaceful.

"We're trying to put our voice out there in as public a way as possible," he said.

"We've had no luck with speaking to our politicians and trying to get our message across by that means."

He said that it was not the fault of protesters that some businesses were losing out on Christmas trade.

"Everything is being blamed on the protests, but at the end of the day we're in a double-dip recession here and the online surge in shopping is growing," he said, adding that most protests were peaceful.

Economist Johnny here explains it for you!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20765546