Belfast rioting over removal of Union Jack

Started by Maurice Moss, December 04, 2012, 02:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grounded

You just couln't make this s#+t up it would be hilarious if it weren't for the hassle for the local non-fleg flyers.

http://www.mourneobserver.com/newspic.html

Regarding the flag issue, Mr Reilly said he was "extremely impressed" by a number of foreign nationals who he claimed had attended the protest out of their disgust for the decision to remove the Union flag.

"One Lithuanian man stated that when he lived behind the Iron curtain under Soviet rule people used to dream about British freedom and the Union Jack became an aspirational symbol, the foreign nationals explained that they came here out of a love for the British way of life and want it retained," he concluded.

charlieTully

Quote from: grounded on December 16, 2012, 08:41:05 PM
You just couln't make this s#+t up it would be hilarious if it weren't for the hassle for the local non-fleg flyers.

Regarding the flag issue, Mr Reilly said he was "extremely impressed" by a number of foreign nationals who he claimed had attended the protest out of their disgust for the decision to remove the Union flag.

"One Lithuanian man stated that when he lived behind the Iron curtain under Soviet rule people used to dream about British freedom and the Union Jack became an aspirational symbol, the foreign nationals explained that they came here out of a love for the British way of life and want it retained," he concluded.

I wonder does the Lithuanian gentleman also agree with the cutting down of goalposts used by kids of Ballymartin GAC on a council owned pitch that happened a short time after the protest. not that the cnuts who carried out this brave act for owc need much excuse, its the third time in a few months its happened.

Orior

Here's an oldie, but a goldie...

In a mean abode on the Shankill Road
Lived a man called William Bloat
He had a wife, who was the curse of his life,
Who continually got on his goat.
So one day at dawn, with her nightdress on,
He cut her bloody throat.

With a razor gash, he settled her hash,
Oh never was a crime so quick.
But the steady drip on the pillow slip
Of her lifeblood made him sick,
And the pool of gore on the bedroom floor,
Grew clotted cold and thick.

And yet he was glad
That he'd done what he had
When she lay there stiff and still,
But a sudden awe of the angry law,
Struck his sole with an icy chill.
So to finish the fun so well begun
He resolved himself to kill.

Then he took the sheet off his wife's cold feet,
And made it into a rope.
And he hanged himself from the pantry shelf,
It was an easy end we hope.
In the face of death with his last cold breath,
He earnestly cursed the Pope.

But the strangest turn to the whole concern
Is only just beginning.
He went to hell but his wife got well,
And she's still alive and sinning,
For the razor blade was British made,
But the sheet was Irish linen.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: charlieTully on December 16, 2012, 11:10:54 PM
Quote from: grounded on December 16, 2012, 08:41:05 PM

I wonder does the Lithuanian gentleman also agree with the cutting down of goalposts used by kids of Ballymartin GAC on a council owned pitch that happened a short time after the protest. not that the cnuts who carried out this brave act for owc need much excuse, its the third time in a few months its happened.

Very doubhtful that ever happened unless this "Lithuanian" was one of the many ethnic Russians living in the Baltic states. Of the many Baltic people I have talked to over the years they very much saw the British, their Empire and theirflag along the lines of the Soviet Union.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Hardy

Quote from: Orior on December 16, 2012, 11:25:06 PM
Here's an oldie, but a goldie...

In a mean abode on the Shankill Road
Lived a man called William Bloat
He had a wife, who was the curse of his life,
Who continually got on his goat.
So one day at dawn, with her nightdress on,
He cut her bloody throat.

With a razor gash, he settled her hash,
Oh never was a crime so quick.
But the steady drip on the pillow slip
Of her lifeblood made him sick,
And the pool of gore on the bedroom floor,
Grew clotted cold and thick.

And yet he was glad
That he'd done what he had
When she lay there stiff and still,
But a sudden awe of the angry law,
Struck his sole with an icy chill.
So to finish the fun so well begun
He resolved himself to kill.

Then he took the sheet off his wife's cold feet,
And made it into a rope.
And he hanged himself from the pantry shelf,
It was an easy end we hope.
In the face of death with his last cold breath,
He earnestly cursed the Pope.

But the strangest turn to the whole concern
Is only just beginning.
He went to hell but his wife got well,
And she's still alive and sinning,
For the razor blade was British made,
But the sheet was Irish linen.

Good man Orior. A classic.

Cold tea

Northern Iron to be brought to a standstill at rush hour this evening, need to give the f**king scumbags a chance to get out of bed I suppose!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cold tea on December 17, 2012, 08:06:20 AM
Northern Iron to be brought to a standstill at rush hour this evening, need to give the f**king scumbags a chance to get out of bed I suppose!

The students have just informed me of this protest tonight, seems they want to stretch the police. The only thing they will stretch is the police's wallets FFS. All happening at 6 apparently
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

omagh_gael

year til sunday

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 17, 2012, 10:04:59 AM
http://twitpic.com/bmpsb0

66 protests organised for 6 this evening by my count...

666 the number of the beast! ffs they really are setting about winning the hearts and minds on this one! pity the poor sods who get caught up in any of this dysfunction. as someone who resides in england, there isn't a drop of this being fed through on the news or in the conciousness of people over here, they'd be as clueless as ever though if it was no doubt

down with the fleg, long trample the fleg!

rodney trotter

red hander

Yep, the dregs and scummery of loyalism are out again over their fleg... I'm sure their, ahem, fellow Britons on the, ahem, mainland are extremely proud of them and wish deeply to be associated with them ... keep banging the nails into your own coffin, you stupid wankers  ;D

fitzroyalty

Quote from: red hander on December 17, 2012, 09:13:52 PM
Yep, the dregs and scummery of loyalism are out again over their fleg... I'm sure their, ahem, fellow Britons on the, ahem, mainland are extremely proud of them and wish deeply to be associated with them ... keep banging the nails into your own coffin, you stupid w**kers  ;D
x2.
One got mowed down by a jeep in Portadown tonight. Apparently they're now trying to get down the G Rd!

BennyCake

Quote from: red hander on December 17, 2012, 09:13:52 PM
Yep, the dregs and scummery of loyalism are out again over their fleg... I'm sure their, ahem, fellow Britons on the, ahem, mainland are extremely proud of them and wish deeply to be associated with them ... keep banging the nails into your own coffin, you stupid w**kers  ;D

Jaysus, that's a bad cough you have there, red hander  ;)

Ulick

Passed through the Ormeau protest this evening on my way to the market and it pathetic. About a dozen of them were corralled into the middle lanes of the road. The peelers were treating it all as a bit of a joke and instructed me to drive through it. The traders I spoke to at the market didn't think it was all so humorous though - the place was dead. Apparently the place emptied out at lunchtime Saturday as protesters approached and never refilled.