Belfast rioting over removal of Union Jack

Started by Maurice Moss, December 04, 2012, 02:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Cold tea on December 11, 2012, 12:45:34 PM
Quote from: southdown on December 11, 2012, 12:20:40 PM
Given today's cenus results and the flag issue do any of you feel that there is genuine fear among Unionists, or is this all a case of spides/hoods rioting for the sure hell of it?

The rioting doesn't start until the evening, they need a chance to wake up - the b**tards should get their benefits stopped if caught rioting.

Yip thats right, there is always a large element on both sides of hoods taking an opportunity to wreck all around them . The last time I can remember genuine anger amongst young nationalist peolpe in Derry was 95/96 and the Garvaghy Road debacle. Most of the other disorder since in the town has been organised by sinister adults using yuong hoods to do their dirty work, I am sure a lot of what is going on on the loyalist side at the minute falls into this category too.

Orior

Who is behind it?

Simple - it is the DUP. They whipped up a storm so as to get their precious East Belfast seat back from Alliance. Now the monstor they created has taken a life of its own.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Aerlik

I haven't seen one single reference to this carry-on on any Australian News channel.  Which goes to prove that outside of the confines of the cesspits these scum live in, no-one gives a fiddler's!

I find the most recent census figures enlightening (especially the religious make-up of Belfast) after having read some clown on BBC NI stating that Belfast was over 70% Protestant.

The siege mentality of the unionist/loyalist population will only be exacerbated so brace yourselves for further demonstations of their Britishness.  Yep, my favourite analogy of the cornered rat is ever more appropriate. 

And to read that a WPC had a petrol bomb thrown in her car...  there was a time not many moons ago when a nationalist child only had to go out to the local shop for a loaf of bread and a pint of milk to be murdered by "security" forces.  Hmmmmmm.  Wonder why she never drew her weapon and shot the wannabe murderer.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

nifan

Quote from: Aerlik on December 11, 2012, 01:14:44 PM
And to read that a WPC had a petrol bomb thrown in her car...  there was a time not many moons ago when a nationalist child only had to go out to the local shop for a loaf of bread and a pint of milk to be murdered by "security" forces.  Hmmmmmm.  Wonder why she never drew her weapon and shot the wannabe murderer.

Thats some hyperbole.

Aerlik

Where's the modern day Brian Faulkner and his Vanguard party when we need them?  Could this be it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znML1xaCqvQ&feature=endscreen&NR=1

;D
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

thewobbler

Quote from: nifan on December 11, 2012, 01:27:00 PM

Thats some hyperbole.

It's absolutely ridiculous. Some shite talked on this board.

johnneycool

Thats some hyperbole.

Exaggerated to an extent, yes, but it's very noticeable how these rioters are being treated with kid gloves as opposed to what would happen up in Ardoyne or the likes, do you not think so?

Cold tea

Quote from: johnneycool on December 11, 2012, 01:52:26 PM

Thats some hyperbole.

Exaggerated to an extent, yes, but it's very noticeable how these rioters are being treated with kid gloves as opposed to what would happen up in Ardoyne or the likes, do you not think so?

+1 - they can do what they want, how many arrests has there been, how many of these will come to anything!!!!

Ulick

Thats some hyperbole.

Julie Livingstone was on her way to the shop when she was killed by the British Army. Majella O'Hare (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12877797) was on her way to Mass. I'm sure there were many other examples.

nifan

Quote from: Cold tea on December 11, 2012, 02:09:09 PM

Thats some hyperbole.

+1 - they can do what they want, how many arrests has there been, how many of these will come to anything!!!!

34 arrested over the weekend, 26 charged.
this is pretty much in line with recent riots of both sides ars far as i can see.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: nifan on December 11, 2012, 02:29:41 PM

Thats some hyperbole.

this is pretty much in line with recent riots of both sides ars far as i can see.
Can't criticise police too much, for a start the protesters are claiming 'heavy handedness' when in reality cops have done fa other than soak the c***ts with the water cannons. I think the idea is to try and sit it out, not give them any excuse to really kick off and hope that they remember Christmas is only two weeks away and forget what they're gurning about. Pragmatic as you can get in this situation.

My only criticism would be of the police being AWOL and letting protesters attack the bar in Armagh last night and to a lesser extent standing by and watching them erect a union flag on a bar in Lurgan.

nifan

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 11, 2012, 02:40:32 PM
Can't criticise police too much, for a start the protesters are claiming 'heavy handedness' when in reality cops have done fa other than soak the c***ts with the water cannons. I think the idea is to try and sit it out, not give them any excuse to really kick off and hope that they remember Christmas is only two weeks away and forget what they're gurning about. Pragmatic as you can get in this situation.

Hopefully they can do what was done after the london riots (and i remember seeing it done after some riots in the ardoyne) where they used cctv a month or 2 later and lifted the worst culprits when things had calmed down.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 11, 2012, 09:31:46 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 11, 2012, 09:27:22 AM
I saw that yeah. I wonder what party he was from.

So the key political points now are not how do we stop rioting, how do we get businesses back to normal, how to we get to the point where policemens lives are not at risk. It's how do we get "our" flag flying more and promote our britishness.

These are the guys responsible for our futures. You couldn't make this shit up.
I saw a tweet the other day "First the UDR, then the RUC, now the Union Flag! Defend our culture!".

In what other place in the world are the army, the police and a flag considered culture?! Seriously skewed sense of priority. No doubt this meeting between Nesbitt and Peter will involve throwing taxpayers money around.

This shows exactly the mindset as displayed by Ruth Patterson in her speech. Unionists have no sense of what equality or shared future should be. They have a whopping majority of 3% of the population now which entitles them to have the final say! How often down the years have they whined about democracy and yet when they lose the democratic vote the rules are changed.

johnneycool

Thats some hyperbole.

Many's a time the RUC lifted a few to keep the media happy only for them to be released or charges dropped once the heat had died down.

Let's see how many spend time at HM's pleasure?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnneycool on December 11, 2012, 03:40:35 PM

Thats some hyperbole.

Many's a time the RUC lifted a few to keep the media happy only for them to be released or charges dropped once the heat had died down.

Let's see how many spend time at HM's pleasure?
0. No cases will be pursued once the peelers have been "talked to" by politicians etc.