Belfast rioting over removal of Union Jack

Started by Maurice Moss, December 04, 2012, 02:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Did anyone see the clown from Belfast Chamber of Trade blaming SF, SDLP and Alliance for the trouble?  I see Robinson and Nesbitt have been meeting to discuss ways to promote "British Culture" in NI.

imtommygunn

I saw that yeah. I wonder what party he was from.

So the key political points now are not how do we stop rioting, how do we get businesses back to normal, how to we get to the point where policemens lives are not at risk. It's how do we get "our" flag flying more and promote our britishness.

These are the guys responsible for our futures. You couldn't make this shit up.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 11, 2012, 09:27:22 AM
I saw that yeah. I wonder what party he was from.

So the key political points now are not how do we stop rioting, how do we get businesses back to normal, how to we get to the point where policemens lives are not at risk. It's how do we get "our" flag flying more and promote our britishness.

These are the guys responsible for our futures. You couldn't make this shit up.
I saw a tweet the other day "First the UDR, then the RUC, now the Union Flag! Defend our culture!".

In what other place in the world are the army, the police and a flag considered culture?! Seriously skewed sense of priority. No doubt this meeting between Nesbitt and Peter will involve throwing taxpayers money around.

nifan

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 11, 2012, 09:31:46 AM
I saw a tweet the other day "First the UDR, then the RUC, now the Union Flag! Defend our culture!".

I had a look at twitter about this stuff - some of the stupidity was amazing.

AQMP

Not a good day to release the Census figures!! 

NI is now 48% "Protestant" and 45% "Catholic".  Oooh Taigs hit the bar!!

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 11, 2012, 09:31:46 AM
In what other place in the world are the army, the police and a flag considered culture?!.
That would be North Korea!

charlieTully

Quote from: AQMP on December 11, 2012, 09:40:21 AM

Ah feck that. I am away to get the snip reversed.

ziggysego

Quote from: AQMP on December 11, 2012, 09:40:21 AM

Yeah, but only 25% of the north consider themselves Irish.
Testing Accessibility

nrico2006

Nothing that I have to say that hasn't really been covered, sickening that these scumbags are being allowed to continue to riot and destroy everything in sight without any action from the RUC.  It will be a disgrace if there violence has an end product though and certain politicians give in and amend the ruling made last week with regard to the flag at City Hall - what does it say if those in power give in and do what the scumbags want?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

93-DY-SAM

This is comedy gold - Eason's now part of a Sinn Fein plot to further remove the british from Belfast:

Please let this page be real.....it's be best laugh I had in ages. 

Nally Stand

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on December 11, 2012, 10:02:16 AM
This is comedy gold - Eason's now part of a Sinn Fein plot to further remove the british from Belfast:

I think Easons should have a welcome committee for the protesters tomorrow then:

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

imtommygunn

That has to be taking the piss....

Make sure and hold your flag up the right way so them taigs don't laugh at us. Genius.

omagh_gael

Are these poor souls kind enough to post up an itinerary of planned protests anywhere in t'internet? I'm working in N Belfast tomorrow and i don't want to be late home for my spuds.

LeoMc

Quote from: trasna man on December 11, 2012, 09:18:57 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on December 11, 2012, 08:59:25 AM
What was the story about renaming the RVH?
I didn't catch the story, have just people complaining about it.
Gerry Kelly was using it to point out how much Britishness there is around the wee six and the Unionist get hung up on the flag

That would explain it. I thought from some of the reactions he wanted to rename it.

Denn Forever

Quote from: Ulick on December 08, 2012, 12:45:31 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 07, 2012, 09:46:08 PM
List of planned protests doing the round on Twitter

Not too many in the AM.

From earlier.  Don't know how true this is.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...