Author Topic: Belfast rioting over removal of Union Jack  (Read 133351 times)

Hardy

• View Profile
Re: Belfast rioting over removal of Union Jack
« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2012, 03:09:13 PM »
I agree. If the UUP and SDLP had of elected

Jasus !!! This is getting out of hand  :o

Surely you mean "out have hand".

It is unbelievable, though. What do they actually think they're saying and how does it make sense to them?

Keyser soze

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 08, 2012, 03:52:08 PM »
To be truthful as a nationalist and small 'r' republican I don't mind seeing the loyalists getting up a head of steam about another tiny erosion of their supremacy. They simply have zero concept of what constitutes equality or parity of esteem.

Situations like these, where the unionist family stand shoulder to shoulder in supporting a violent backlash against a democtratic decision which doesnt suit them , are a great lesson to the younger nationalist population of how there will never be equality for them in NI. Without carry on this like this sure all the catholics would be lining up to join the DUP and there'd never be a UI.

I suppose they'll be singing their rendition of the Famine Song. Is it just me who finds it deliciously ironic for Scots who were planted in Ireland a few centuries ago and whose forefathers endured the famine along with the rest of us are now singing a sectarian song made up by biggotted Scots to sing to irish people teling them to go home. These clowns are now parading round Ireland singing it to Irish people. I find that so funny.

AQMP

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 08, 2012, 04:20:06 PM »
I agree. If the UUP and SDLP had of elected

Jasus !!! This is getting out of hand  :o

Surely you mean "out have hand".

It is unbelievable, though. What do they actually think they're saying and how does it make sense to them?

That's the point Hardy...they haven't the first clue what their message is or what it is supposed to be.  "No Surrender"...to what?? Feck all people are asking them to surrender to anything.  This was a democratic decision taken by a local authority, and frankly if the Council had kept it quiet, 99% of the population wouldn't have noticed it.

They need to look around them.  Had this been 1982 or even 1992 there would have been 150,000 people at the City Hall.  They could only muster 200 in Ballymena, the capital of Paisleystan, during the week.  If any of them could read they should read the editorial of Friday's Belfast Telegraph, once the voice of mainstream Unionist thinking.  The "Tele" stopped short of calling them scum...but only just.  However, the real villains here are the politicos who are leading these brain deads by the nose for their own purposes.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2012, 04:23:38 PM »

Situations like these, where the unionist family stand shoulder to shoulder in supporting a violent backlash against a democtratic decision which doesnt suit them , are a great lesson to the younger nationalist population of how there will never be equality for them in NI. Without carry on this like this sure all the catholics would be lining up to join the DUP and there'd never be a UI.

One of my current housemates regularly throws the eyes to heaven with my two English housemates when I refuse to indulge in the Team GB or the Royal baby/wedding craic, or when I use speach which identifies me as being not of Britain. The Irish lad from a Catholic background, often refers to NI as Britain and got caught up in Team GB guff, to which I would correct him that GB and UK are not the same place and would talk of Team GB as I would any other foreign team like France, Jamaica or Australia. Yet the last few days the Irish lads chat has changed profoundly, he seems to be seeing the truth behind the parity of esteem 6 county style. Of course from your point of views thats all hearsay.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2012, 04:27:51 PM »
That looks like a Meath flag they're burning. Might head down with a rake of Armagh regalia for torching.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 08, 2012, 05:19:14 PM »
I see they are trying to burn the Tricolour, lets see how that plays out when viewed in the US and UK proper where such sights are generally viewed as the preserve of wacko Al Qaeda types.

This rabble are showing the true face of Unionism. They sulked over Home Rule, they sulked over civil rights, and now they sulk over a piece of cloth, democracy is not in their DNA.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:21:07 PM by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com »
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

fingerbob

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 08, 2012, 05:34:05 PM »
So basically everyone should just join Alliance and hold hands skipping off into the sunset and pretend that the constitutional problem doesn't exist and that anyone who cares about it and wants to support a party which aims to either maintain or end the union is just an extremist?

What are you on about? You just took that out of thin air.

Although, on that topic, the constitutional question shouldn't matter at all right now. It's something that isn't going to change for the foreseeable future (if it ever does) and it's only dicks like you that indulge and let yourselves be consumed by it, while the rest of us just want to get on with becoming a functioning, sustainable society.

There are far more important things to be dealing with and it's the most frustrating thing about living in the north that we keep being dragged back into this shite by the likes of you.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 08, 2012, 05:55:53 PM »
I see they are trying to burn the Tricolour, lets see how that plays out when viewed in the US and UK proper where such sights are generally viewed as the preserve of wacko Al Qaeda types.

This rabble are showing the true face of Unionism. They sulked over Home Rule, they sulked over civil rights, and now they sulk over a piece of cloth, democracy is not in their DNA.

I've often wondered where do loyalists get tricolours to burn and those boyos in Egypt and Iran, where to they get the US flag to burn. It almost implies someone on their "side" is actually making flags to burn them.  In any case Mayo, they be burning tricolours regularly in the 6, its a hobby some of the loyalists have like you might collect stamps.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 08, 2012, 05:58:33 PM »
So someof these boyos are rioting as they believe their flag should be respected. While they riot they are basically using the flags as balaclavas. You couldn't make it up.

ziggysego

• View Profile
    • My Way Access
« Reply #204 on: December 08, 2012, 05:59:51 PM »

Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

• View Profile
    • My Way Access
« Reply #205 on: December 08, 2012, 06:01:09 PM »

I've often wondered where do loyalists get tricolours to burn and those boyos in Egypt and Iran, where to they get the US flag to burn. It almost implies someone on their "side" is actually making flags to burn them.  In any case Mayo, they be burning tricolours regularly in the 6, its a hobby some of the loyalists have like you might collect stamps.

A year or two ago, they were selling them in some Loyalist shops in Belfast, for the purpose of burning.
Testing Accessibility

Walter Cronc

• UTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 08, 2012, 06:08:43 PM »

I usually enjoy their attempts at making US/UK flags in the middle east. Usually results in looking like a 5 year olds art project!!

charlieTully

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 08, 2012, 06:29:50 PM »
So basically everyone should just join Alliance and hold hands skipping off into the sunset and pretend that the constitutional problem doesn't exist and that anyone who cares about it and wants to support a party which aims to either maintain or end the union is just an extremist?

What are you on about? You just took that out of thin air.

Although, on that topic, the constitutional question shouldn't matter at all right now. It's something that isn't going to change for the foreseeable future (if it ever does) and it's only dicks like you that indulge and let yourselves be consumed by it, while the rest of us just want to get on with becoming a functioning, sustainable society.

There are far more important things to be dealing with and it's the most frustrating thing about living in the north that we keep being dragged back into this shite by the likes of you.

Jesus that's a bit strong ffs, the flag is still going to be flown on designated days, there is nothing wrong with wanting parity of esteem and equality. its the protesters who are ignoring democracy, if they were bothered to vote they would probably have got their way. i live in a council area where a vote was taken to fly the rag every day of the year, a lot of people don't like it but we don't go protesting and wrecking, we accept we are in the minority here and the majority want the rag up. if injustices and inequality are ignored we will end up back where we were. sf are the majority nationalist party, that tells its own story, i personally don't agree with everything they say but vote for them. there is nothing to stop you voting alliance if you wish. the days of croppie lie down are long gone. ffs you couldn't even wear a GAA top in public when i was younger. you should be more grateful for the sacrifices people have made in the past.

ballinaman

• MWWSSD
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 08, 2012, 06:31:12 PM »
Massive respect to the lads on the board here living up North. Can't imagine what its like to be in close proximity to these idiots on a everyday basis. When I see the stuff like what was on the news there, I can almost feel the blood pressure rising. Don't think I'd last long up your way!

GalwayBayBoy

• No show like a Joe show!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 08, 2012, 06:36:26 PM »