Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Ireland, July 2013

Started by Sandino, November 28, 2012, 02:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

I suppose Tony it's hard for any rock star to on one hand express concern for the poor and oppressed and then on the other hand look at their lifestyle and wealth.

Bonzo is a prime example.

Lennon as well espoused happy clappy trippy shite yet had huge wealth, pedigree cows and even owned part of Mayo for a while (but then got sense when he realised he'd never welcome Sam). Chapman decided he had enough and the rest is history.

So it is a dilemma, I agree. Perhaps Bruce should have done a Harry Enfield and started waving dosh to the starving proles of Kilkenny.

T Fearon

Or maybe he should just record music, make millions, and not pretend he cares. Scrap the hypocrisy.

On a coincidental note, I was speaking to a journalist today, who dined with Bruce last week in the Culloden. Top bloke, according to her.

Wildweasel74

well what was he like last 2 nights in Kilkenny? anybody from the belfast gig go down to it?

Denn Forever

For all Springsteen fans, Sky Arts 1 at 9pm on December 28th.

Springsteen & I
Baillie Walsh's documentary explores the life and career of American singer-songwriter Bruce Springsteen through interviews with fans whose lives have been deeply affected by his music. Including the stories of an Elvis impersonator who was invited on stage in Philadelphia, and a Geordie woman who was plucked from a Hyde Park crowd to shimmy with her idol during Dancing in the Dark. Featuring foot...
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

J70

Watched bits of it when it came out and I wasn't too impressed. I love Springsteen's music. Only other band currently close for me would be Arcade Fire, but who the hell needs to watch a film featuring women gushing about being brought up on stage for Dancing in the Dark or 50 year old men bursting into tears because they're so overcome by how much his music has meant to them? The odd story was interesting like the Danish busker, but overall I wouldn't be too bothered about listening to emotional confessionala about the time some Bruce song helped someone through some experience or other.
But, I only watched parts, so maybe it wasn't ALL bad!

Never beat the deeler

Excellent. Went to see him on Friday night - my first time seeing Bruce live - and was sooo impressed.

Every aspect of his performance was so good, and he played for over 3 hours without a break.

Great nite (no AC/DC tho  :-[)
Hasta la victoria siempre

gallsman

Springsteen and the E Street Band confirmed as bringing The River Tour to Croke Park on May 27th.

Declan

Captain Obvious

Quote from: gallsman on February 04, 2016, 08:56:33 AM
Springsteen and the E Street Band confirmed as bringing The River Tour to Croke Park on May 27th.
Send the Dubs to Kilkenny to play Laois or Wicklow and fill Croke park with a Springsteen concert. Perfect planning.

AZOffaly

That is good planning. There'll be a hell of a lot more at Springsteen than a massacre v Wicklow or Laois.

bamboo

Seen him in London a few times but thinking of heading back to see him in croker. Sister tells me that you can't drink on the field though? Tell me she's got it all wrong please as I'd want standing tickets but close to 4hrs without a beer would be hard going.

WT4E

You can drink beer on the field as far as I know - no wine allowed though!

gallsman

Heard tickets are 98.50 for standing and range from 65-131 for seating. Quite a hike from the last time.