Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Ireland, July 2013

Started by Sandino, November 28, 2012, 02:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

G lads u didnt need a drink that bad, u there for the music or the session?

The Worker

Applesisapples

Quote from: BennyCake on July 21, 2013, 12:27:49 AM
I don't get the big hype around Brucey and these gigs. A few decent hits in the 80s, but he has done nothing in probably 20 years. And when did everyone suddenly become his biggest fan?!
Heresy

Applesisapples

Quote from: michaelg on July 21, 2013, 01:36:44 AM
'The Boss' is not in the same league as Neil Young - Just saying.
I'm a big fan of both and I have to disagree, different types of performer and both deliver. Last night delivered, The river, Thunder Road and Fade Away. The River and Nebraska my fave albums featured well. Ruined slightly by some drunken women fro Tyrone who talked through any song the didn't know, which was a majority. Broooooooooce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champion The Wonder Horse

I haven't seen so many ruarts in one place since I left St. Pat's in the 80s. Great show, but bar was shocking. Got my first pint two minutes into Thunder Road.

Wildweasel74

Sound were i was was great, say 25m from the stage, but looking at some clips on you-tube there from middle to back of the crowd and the sound seemed to be fairly poor, distorted

gallsman

I was in the centre of pit and thought sound was excellent - much better than the RDS last year. Don't drink at gigs but heard similar complaints as echoed on here by many around me.

Nebraska was apparently the first time it's been played at an E Street show since 1985. Was looking forward to the full Born to Run album as he did that in Limerick apparently but still a fantastic show. Might snoop around for some tickets for Nowlan Park.

Nally Stand

A few decent hits in the 80s, but he has done nothing in probably 20 years.
His latest album. Brilliant from start to finish.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mb80b60

Quote from: gallsman on July 21, 2013, 11:02:45 PM
I was in the centre of pit and thought sound was excellent - much better than the RDS last year. Don't drink at gigs but heard similar complaints as echoed on here by many around me.

Nebraska was apparently the first time it's been played at an E Street show since 1985. Was looking forward to the full Born to Run album as he did that in Limerick apparently but still a fantastic show. Might snoop around for some tickets for Nowlan Park.

The full Born To Run album was probably a little too much to hope for after he played it so recently, but I was delighted with the setlist.  Darlington County, Nebraska, Atlantic City and Bobby Jean were real highlights for me.

gallsman

Quote from: mb80b60 on July 22, 2013, 02:31:23 PM

The full Born To Run album was probably a little too much to hope for after he played it so recently, but I was delighted with the setlist.  Darlington County, Nebraska, Atlantic City and Bobby Jean were real highlights for me.

True. Was more than happy with the increased representation from Nebraska and The River to make up for it. Really missed out on Jungleland though as I'm still yet to hear it live.

Prove It All Night with the '78 intro was incredible. Nils Lofgren's solo was absolutely insane and he was fairly able to move for someone who's had a total hip replacement.

Don't know if it was just because of the big screen in this year's setup but there seemed to be a large number of cameras at the gig. Recording for a live DVD perhaps?

gallsman

Quote from: Nally Stand on July 21, 2013, 11:42:19 PM

As was The Rising, which was scandalously beaten to best album at the Grammy's by Norah Jones.

mb80b60

Quote from: gallsman on July 22, 2013, 03:51:16 PM
Quote from: mb80b60 on July 22, 2013, 02:31:23 PM

True. Was more than happy with the increased representation from Nebraska and The River to make up for it. Really missed out on Jungleland though as I'm still yet to hear it live.

Prove It All Night with the '78 intro was incredible. Nils Lofgren's solo was absolutely insane and he was fairly able to move for someone who's had a total hip replacement.

Don't know if it was just because of the big screen in this year's setup but there seemed to be a large number of cameras at the gig. Recording for a live DVD perhaps?

Yeah, I noted on the number of cameras too.  I was lucky enough to hear Jungleland once at RDS in July 09.  An absolutely epic story, and I'm not sure why he doesn't play it more often.

Nils Lofgren was in fine form alright.  Cindy Mizelle stole the show at times, what a singer!!  Jake Clemons is doing his uncle justice too.

gallsman

Quote from: mb80b60 on July 22, 2013, 04:23:48 PM
Nils Lofgren was in fine form alright.  Cindy Mizelle stole the show at times, what a singer!!  Jake Clemons is doing his uncle justice too.

I never got to see Clarence live in his prime - close to the end he was really struggling. Blasphemous though it may be, Jake playing live is an upgrade on what Clarence had to offer by the end.

Jake really appears to have grown into his role in the year since the RDS show where he seemed unsure of himself and was still learning many of the songs. Far more confident, far more an on stage leader on Saturday. Thought he was fantastic.

J70

Quote from: gallsman on July 22, 2013, 04:19:35 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on July 21, 2013, 11:42:19 PM

As was The Rising, which was scandalously beaten to best album at the Grammy's by Norah Jones.

Personally, I think Magic is his best album of the second E Street era. The Rising is superb as well, as you say. Don't like the latest one as much.

fearglasmor

Quote from: gallsman on July 22, 2013, 04:32:27 PM
Quote from: mb80b60 on July 22, 2013, 04:23:48 PM

I never got to see Clarence live in his prime - close to the end he was really struggling. Blasphemous though it may be, Jake playing live is an upgrade on what Clarence had to offer by the end.
Jake really appears to have grown into his role in the year since the RDS show where he seemed unsure of himself and was still learning many of the songs. Far more confident, far more an on stage leader on Saturday. Thought he was fantastic.

Jake is great,  but Blasphemous doesnt even begin to cover that statement. 
:)