Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Ireland, July 2013

Started by Sandino, November 28, 2012, 02:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on July 11, 2013, 09:22:20 AM
Hey! 827 followers for a man with a low profile like me ain't bad! Some big names (and Margaret Ritchie) following me as well! ;D
Here, I wouldn't go boasting about Maggie following you, as for the low profile your the biggest man in the Pass outside of the McAleeces!

T Fearon

Bingo

Putting this back out there:

Two tickets for sale for Saturday in Belfast, standing tickets.

PM me for details.

Tickets Sold  :-[

David McKeown

Anyone a ticket or two for Kilkenny on the Saturday?  Only gig im not currently going to
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

gallsman

Anyone heard anything about pit passes for Belfast?

Declan

seems like Bruce is the only only capable of getting the Cats attention this summer ;) ;)

Having been name checked by Limerick hurling manager John Allen on Sunday, veteran US rocker Bruce Springsteen came up for further mention in a GAA context when Croke Park confirmed he was the reason for the unusual timing of the Cork-Kilkenny All-Ireland hurling quarter-final the weekend after next.
It had been assumed the latest edition of hurling's most recurrent All-Ireland pairing would be top of the bill in Thurles, with Clare and Galway opening proceedings on Sunday 28th of this month.
"It was a simple response to a request," according to Feargal McGill, the GAA's Head of games administration. "Bruce Springsteen is playing that evening in Nowlan Park and naturally a number of Kilkenny people have tickets to attend.

David McKeown

What a gig and what a man. 30 odd songs including some very rare performances. 3.5 hours of sheer brilliance
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

omagh_gael

Heard on the radio earlier that he played 3 acoustic tunes at 5.20pm during the sound check at the Limerick gig. Would have been pretty cool if you were in the venue early.

Applesisapples

Bruce if you are reading this thread, (and I am convinced you are) can we have Thunder Road and Independance Day? Please?????

Declan

QuoteHeard on the radio earlier that he played 3 acoustic tunes at 5.20pm during the sound check at the Limerick gig. Would have been pretty cool if you were in the venue early.

Yep and played an old Jersey Shore classic as well during it - one for the real old die hards

gallsman

Streets of Fire, Candy's Room, I'm Going Down, Into the Fire and the full band version of Atlantic City please, Boss!

ONeill

Springsteen fans are very passionate/fanatical towards the man and his music. I have spoken to a right few over the last month and it's almost cultish. Nothing wrong with that by the way.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on July 18, 2013, 11:24:11 AM
Springsteen fans are very passionate/fanatical towards the man and his music. I have spoken to a right few over the last month and it's almost cultish. Nothing wrong with that by the way.
and yet he is laughing at them behind their back as he lodges another few million in the bank...

mb80b60

Been to see him roughly 10 times now and only heard Jungleland and 41 Shots once, so those please!  Trapped would also be great.

41 Shots has to be heard live to be believed!

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: mb80b60 on July 18, 2013, 11:41:10 AM
Been to see him roughly 10 times now and only heard Jungleland and 41 Shots once, so those please!  Trapped would also be great.

41 Shots has to be heard live to be believed!
He did 41 shots in Thomond on Tue - superb effort - the sound quality was excellent also, much better than his RDS gigs during teh past number of years.

Have seen him many many time live and Tue was in my top 2 - great atmosphere around Limerick before and after also.