Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Ireland, July 2013

Started by Sandino, November 28, 2012, 02:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Does he have support acts?
3.5 hours for one performer seems a long show to me.

orangeman

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 24, 2013, 12:52:10 PM

No support.

Bruce doesn't need support.

3 and a half hours of bliss.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 24, 2013, 12:52:10 PM
His tickets are value for money.

Carmen Stateside

Went to see him in MetLife stadium in September, a great show and couldn't believe that he played so long.  3.5 hours is about right. 

deiseach

3.5 hours on the stage at 63. Fair play to the lad, he clearly loves what he's doing.

Carmen Stateside

And it's not as if he stands in the one spot, he has a big stage and he plays it all.

Declan

Just listening to Bruce on the way home on the bus. Banking man grows fat working man goes thin. It'll happen again. It sure will Bruce and as you said if I had a gun I'd find the bastards and shoot them on sight

T Fearon

Just the sort of lyrics you'd expect from a multi millionaire recording artist,who has everything in common with the working man,and nothing in common with the metaphorically obese banker.

johnneycool

Quote from: T Fearon on June 26, 2013, 12:36:29 AM
Just the sort of lyrics you'd expect from a multi millionaire recording artist,who has everything in common with the working man,and nothing in common with the metaphorically obese banker.

I don't think Bruce was born with a silver spoon has never forgotten his roots, and isn't a diva and the likes unlike jenny from the block.

Hard to fault him for being successful.

deiseach

Quote from: T Fearon on June 26, 2013, 12:36:29 AM

Yeah, when I read the Grapes of Wrath, my reaction was "oh, Mr Fancy Pants Nobel Laureate, what possible insight can you have into the life of the working man with your 'words' and 'images'?"

T Fearon

I'm sorry but multi millionaire rock stars giving off about obese bankers is farcical, regardless of their way with lyrics. Equally as farcical as rock stars mouthing off about hunger and availing of foreign tax efficient regimes.

In the ideal world, to which Bruce and Bono presumably aspire, there would be no multi millionaires or no one starving.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on June 26, 2013, 10:36:24 AM
I'm sorry but multi millionaire rock stars giving off about obese bankers is farcical, regardless of their way with lyrics. Equally as farcical as rock stars mouthing off about hunger and availing of foreign tax efficient regimes.

In the ideal world, to which Bruce and Bono presumably aspire, there would be no multi millionaires or no one starving.

Bono and Bruce sell stuff that people can take or leave.

What do bankers do?
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Take deposits that people leave...of their own accord?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on June 26, 2013, 08:40:28 PM
Take deposits that people leave...of their own accord?

We didn't give €64bn to them of our own accord.
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Bruce and Bono deliver a straightforward product. Bankers conceal what they do and lie.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B