St. Brigid's vs. Crossmaglen Rangers - All-Ireland Senior Club Semi-final 2013

Started by Syferus, November 25, 2012, 06:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What was the best move of the game?

Cake's super hop after getting up from a dastardly jab by Callagher
5 (29.4%)
Cake's girating on the floor after said jab
8 (47.1%)
Cake making Jamie Clarke so fearful that he passed the ball despite being one-on-one with the keeper
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Syferus

I think it's unlikely the 2013 AI champions won't be the team that emerges from this tie.

Captain Obvious

Crossmaglen v Dr Crokes is the most likely 2013 All Ireland final.

INDIANA

Quote from: yellowcard on November 25, 2012, 11:28:21 PM
Cross will dispose of Kilcoo comfortably on Sunday. I also expect them to beat St Brigids in the AI semi final but I think the winner of Ballymun and Crokes could edge out Cross in the final.

I don't think Ballymun are good enough to win it. Portlaoise may do them.

INDIANA

Quote from: hardstation on November 26, 2012, 12:19:04 AM
INDIANA, nobody expects the same team to win it every year. History has shown that it doesn't happen. In saying that, every year there will be a favourite. For a number of years, that has been Crossmaglen.

Now, every year you come on here and say that Crossmaglen aren't great and conveniently "could be taken". You cannot be beaten as they will fall more years than not. It's like standing in the bookies and saying that the favourite will be beaten in every race. You will have more + than - but there is no money in that betting.

Therefore, instead of telling us who won't win it and feeling all smug when they don't, can you simply predict who will win it?

I can't predict because they aren't in the semi-final yet. Cross could learn a thing or two about respecting their opponents. You don't seem to realise you have to win your province to enter the all-ireland stages. PLenty of material on this thread for their opponents

The Armagh county championship is crap. They have to beat maybe 2 decent teams tow in it.

If Cross were in Dublin not a snowballs would they be going for 3 in a row.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: INDIANA on November 26, 2012, 06:02:28 PM
INDIANA, nobody expects the same team to win it every year. History has shown that it doesn't happen. In saying that, every year there will be a favourite. For a number of years, that has been Crossmaglen.

Now, every year you come on here and say that Crossmaglen aren't great and conveniently "could be taken". You cannot be beaten as they will fall more years than not. It's like standing in the bookies and saying that the favourite will be beaten in every race. You will have more + than - but there is no money in that betting.

Therefore, instead of telling us who won't win it and feeling all smug when they don't, can you simply predict who will win it?

I can't predict because they aren't in the semi-final yet. Cross could learn a thing or two about respecting their opponents. You don't seem to realise you have to win your province to enter the all-ireland stages. PLenty of material on this thread for their opponents

Indiana, just so you know this thread was started by a St Brigids man, not by a Cross man and therefore it is incorrect to say that we need to learn about respecting our opponents.  Secondly, I am the only real regular Cross poster on this Board.  By that I am the only one who is from Cross, who posts here regularly who has any real knowledge of what is going on around the team/club.  I am by no means the oracle but I do have a fair idea about a lot and trust me the lads are in no way undermining Kilcoo and neither are they looking beyond Sunday.  Also if Kilcoo need to use an anonymous DB as a means to motivate themselves a bit more to win an Ulster then that is a fair indictment of the managements motivation skills. ;)

As for the rest of your post supposition and totally unproveable.

Armaghtothebone

The Armagh county championship is crap. They have to beat maybe 2 decent teams tow in it.

This old chestnut again.
Keady have umpteen county hurling championships within Armagh, no Ulsters and no All-Ireland's . You are therefore at liberty to say that the Armagh hurling championship is crap.
Cross have 9 (nine) Ulster titles and 6 (six) All-Ireland's . Surely if the Armagh championship is so crap they'd have been found out in either Ulster or the AI series.

ross4life

Indiana, just so you know this thread was started by a St Brigids man,
I think he's Castlerea/Ballagh man but then again Cake Curran isn't a St Brigids man.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

armaghniac

QuoteI can't predict because they aren't in the semi-final yet. Cross could learn a thing or two about respecting their opponents

People here have talked up Cross, opinions are why we have discussion boards. As BCB said, nobody close to the actual Rangers setup has implied anything about the quality of the opposition. In reality Cross do not disrespect the opposition, but prepare meticulously for each game, which is why they usually win.

I think Cross experience will see Kilcoo off. But Brigids and Dr Crokes are enormously experienced also and Portlaoise and the Dublin champions have been the only teams outside Ulster to beat them, so I wouldn't expect overconfidence if they reach the semi. If Kilcoo win Ulster, then having beaten the last two teams to win the AI, they won't fear Brigids.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

It is lovely to see Rossies with their tails up and Cross plamas in the one place.

crossfire

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 26, 2012, 06:49:56 PM

Indiana, just so you know this thread was started by a St Brigids man, not by a Cross man and therefore it is incorrect to say that we need to learn about respecting our opponents.  Secondly, I am the only real regular Cross poster on this Board.  By that I am the only one who is from Cross, who posts here regularly who has any real knowledge of what is going on around the team/club.  I am by no means the oracle but I do have a fair idea about a lot and trust me the lads are in no way undermining Kilcoo and neither are they looking beyond Sunday.  Also if Kilcoo need to use an anonymous DB as a means to motivate themselves a bit more to win an Ulster then that is a fair indictment of the managements motivation skills. ;)

As for the rest of your post supposition and totally unproveable.

Ahem :o

brokencrossbar1

Don't get your knickers in a twist Crosfire, I didn't say I was the only one just the most regular ;)

Orchardman

Well said.

Indiana still talking about these dublin teams that beat cross in 08 and 09, yawn. As for cross not showing respect, BCB is the only real cross man on here that i know, and cross in general do show respect. I always think thats a bit over rated anyway, what do people want by respect? do they want to be bookies favourite instead?

Armagh club football maybe isn't the best in ireland, but i'd say there are few counties better than us. Tyrone for example have only 2 ulster club titles, i cant even remember them having a team in the final in the last 12 years or so.

And cross are a rival club to me, if they are beat next sunday I wouldn't care damn all, i don't go and support them, but i'd still rather see them win it than most other clubs, and at this stage I would say they will win it. But of course, every god has it's day and it can't go on forever.

INDIANA

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on November 26, 2012, 07:45:50 PM

This old chestnut again.
Keady have umpteen county hurling championships within Armagh, no Ulsters and no All-Ireland's . You are therefore at liberty to say that the Armagh hurling championship is crap.
Cross have 9 (nine) Ulster titles and 6 (six) All-Ireland's . Surely if the Armagh championship is so crap they'd have been found out in either Ulster or the AI series.

They've won 40 armagh titles and 9 ulsters. Less then 25%.

INDIANA

Quote from: Orchardman on November 26, 2012, 09:50:30 PM

Well said.

Indiana still talking about these dublin teams that beat cross in 08 and 09, yawn. As for cross not showing respect, BCB is the only real cross man on here that i know, and cross in general do show respect. I always think thats a bit over rated anyway, what do people want by respect? do they want to be bookies favourite instead?

Armagh club football maybe isn't the best in ireland, but i'd say there are few counties better than us. Tyrone for example have only 2 ulster club titles, i cant even remember them having a team in the final in the last 12 years or so.

And cross are a rival club to me, if they are beat next sunday I wouldn't care damn all, i don't go and support them, but i'd still rather see them win it than most other clubs, and at this stage I would say they will win it. But of course, every god has it's day and it can't go on forever.

I just can't get over how a team that hasn't reached the all-ireland semi finals yet is automatically going to beat a team in the semis (if they get there)that hasn't been that far away from in recent outings.
I think it could be the best all-ireland semi pairings for quite a while if Cross qualify. Thus making it more open then recent years IMO.