St. Brigid's vs. Crossmaglen Rangers - All-Ireland Senior Club Semi-final 2013

Started by Syferus, November 25, 2012, 06:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What was the best move of the game?

Cake's super hop after getting up from a dastardly jab by Callagher
5 (29.4%)
Cake's girating on the floor after said jab
8 (47.1%)
Cake making Jamie Clarke so fearful that he passed the ball despite being one-on-one with the keeper
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

ross4life

3rd time lucky for St Brigids got damn close in 2007,2011 & at times today it looked like Brigids were going to lose another close contest. Brigids strong defence has been key for them all year & today was no different. Late goal came at a great time, superb character shown by the lads throughout the game in what was deserved win. Hard luck to Crossmaglen they win be back no doubt.

This will 8th All Ireland final for Roscommon club it's time we won one & Brigids are certainly good enough having now beaten some of the best club sides of all time.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

omagh_gael

Quote from: yellowcard on February 15, 2013, 01:43:05 PM
Quote from: Keane on February 15, 2013, 01:29:20 PM
Previews of the two games here if any of ye want to take a look:

http://www.livegaelic.com/news/all-ireland-club-championship-preview-st-brigids-vs-crossmaglen/
http://www.livegaelic.com/news/all-ireland-club-championship-preview-dr-crokes-vs-ballymun/

Really looking forward to the two games, the standard in this competition is just superb. It doesn't hurt that several of the teams remaining play a brilliant brand of football, Cross and Brigid's in particular.

Good previews even if I disagree with the verdicts for both matches. St Brigids and Ballymun double is in the bookies at 10/1!!

Should be two good matches, more interesting than national league fixtures at this time of year. I'm hoping for a Cross v Dr Crokes final which would be one to look forward to.

Also in the Cross preview it says that they relinquished their Armagh title twice in 17 years when in fact it was only once.

Did you take that bet??

seafoid

Quote from: ross4life on February 16, 2013, 05:32:15 PM
3rd time lucky for St Brigids got damn close in 2007,2011 & at times today it looked like Brigids were going to lose another close contest. Brigids strong defence has been key for them all year & today was no different. Late goal came at a great time, superb character shown by the lads throughout the game in what was deserved win. Hard luck to Crossmaglen they win be back no doubt.

This will 8th All Ireland final for Roscommon club it's time we won one & Brigids are certainly good enough having now beaten some of the best club sides of all time.
A great result for Ros and Connacht fuball and best of luck to the brigids on spd.

sligoman2

Congratulations to st brigids.

Great boost for Connacht football - well Done to all involved
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Rossfan

So the Cross/Crokes final has to be put on hold  ::)
Great win by Brigid's having to dig deep in the second half after being very much 2nd fiddle in the 2nd quarter.
Early efforts at intimidation by Cross didn't have the desired effect of frightening St B's.
When Cross got into their stride to be honest at half time it looked a lost cause for B's.
However an early let off, a tightening up all round the middle, good substitutions and a serious amount of effort got the B's over the line.
A lot of Armagh/Ulster bies whinging about Deegan I see - sure it's always the ref's fault never the other team scoring more that causes teasm to lose.
Mind you there was a Ros man near me ( He's not St Brigid's -somehwere near Syf's country so .. ::)) who kept up a non stop barrage of abuse about Deegan from start to finish he felt he was so biased towards Cross.

So I'll be having my big weekend away on the 16th and 17th March after all. Thanks Cake and company.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Throw ball

Quote from: Rossfan on February 16, 2013, 06:45:55 PM
Great win by Brigid's having to dig deep in the second half after being very much 2nd fiddle in the 2nd quarter.
Early efforts at intimidation by Cross didn't have the desired effect of frightening St B's.
When Cross got into their stride to be honest at half time it looked a lost cause for B's.
However an early let off, a tightening up all round the middle, good substitutions and a serious amount of effort got the B's over the line.
A lot of Armagh/Ulster bies whinging about Deegan I see - sure it's always the ref's fault never the other team scoring more that causes teasm to lose.
Mind you there was a Ros man near me ( He's not St Brigid's -somehwere near Syf's country so .. ::)) who kept up a non stop barrage of abuse about Deegan from start to finish he felt he was so biased towards Cross.

So I'll be having my big weekend away on the 16th and 17th March after all. Thanks Cake and company.

I assume you laughable comments about Cross trying to intimidate Brigid's does not count as whinging then?

PadraicHenryPearse

f**k off all the begrudgers. Bridget's win.  Refwas shite for both teams. Wasnt a great game both teams cancelled each other out. Today was our day. Cry off somewhere else.

tommysmith

Rossfan

Quote from: Throw ball on February 16, 2013, 07:18:23 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 16, 2013, 06:45:55 PM

I assume you laughable comments about Cross trying to intimidate Brigid's does not count as whinging then?
No because
1- Brigids won
2- the intimidation didn't work
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bennydorano

How many contributing are from the actual clubs? Few getting carried away & most of the mouthing tends to come from non participating clubs.

Congrats to St Brigids, Cross came out the wrong side of a tight one (for a change).

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 16, 2013, 07:45:47 PM
f**k off all the begrudgers. Bridget's win.  Refwas shite for both teams. Wasnt a great game both teams cancelled each other out. Today was our day. Cry off somewhere else.

Exactly, same could be said of last years intercounty All-Ireland semi between Mayo and Dublin
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

brokencrossbar1

The ref wasn't the winning or losing of the game.  He made soft decisions for both teams.  There was so little between the two teams that it was always going to come down to one or 2 incidents/decisions.  I feel if we had banged that goal at the start of the second half then we would have won.The gamble of playing an unfit Oisin from the start didn't work.  If he had the chance that Kyle had he would have buried it.  But these are the decisions management live or die by and are only part of the reasons.  Both teams missed scorable frees, both teams missed chances.  In the second half,SBs got more out of their HF line and that was important.  The reality is that whichever team won today,the other team could have no complaints about the result and I think a draw over the 60 minutes would have been a fair result, but alas....

Anyway,good luck in the Final,  we will reassess and see where we can go from here, hopefully the county will not put too much pressure on the players for a while.

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on February 16, 2013, 03:13:44 PM
Cross FF must have hit poor Cake an awful clatter

Ye missed his Super Mario hop after he got up, completely golden  :D

Looking back at the match on TG4 Cake made Callagher look a little silly on a few occasions throughout the match and I suppose it spilt over near the end. He couldn't have chosen a worse man in the country to give a jab to when you're losing a match and time running out.

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 16, 2013, 02:39:24 PM
Quote from: wildrover on February 16, 2013, 02:35:45 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 16, 2013, 02:34:11 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on February 16, 2013, 02:27:29 PM
Who's the dirty fcker who stood on Dolan's hand???

I see kilbride complaining about that at ht. didn't see it.

Stephen Kernan...was deliberate...nasty act

Oh. Wouldn't have expected it of him.

Which Dolan was it? I missed it even when looking back on the match. Frankie? 10, Darren? 7, Garvan?

Quote from: AFS on February 16, 2013, 08:57:02 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 16, 2013, 07:45:47 PM

It's a strange disposition that wants to sniff out and focus on whatever little negativity exists in the immediate aftermath of such a positive event.

Cute that'd you try to gloss over the faulty logic of pointing out a comment about a supporter's disposition when they were responding to silly sour grapes but we Ros folk aren't that stupid, captain. :-X

get up there

st brigid's got the rub of the green today, along with some soft frees , but cross were not punished by them, it was the 2 sloppy goals that st brigid's got that changed the game.   good luck in the final st brigids