Author Topic: The GPA  (Read 9295 times)

rrhf

• View Profile
Re: The GPA
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2012, 06:53:04 PM »
Look what river dance done for Irish dancing!  Another view I heard rattled out before. I have no doubt you will see a professional effort at this in the states.  Just takes an entrePreneur to make every county in Ireland a feeder club.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2012, 08:06:48 PM »
All the more reason to stop wasting time and money promoting trips to the States.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2012, 08:50:42 PM »

Bingo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2012, 09:27:06 PM »
I'd worry about many things but professionalism is way down the list.

The notion of some pro league in the US or some rich bloke setting up a pro league is quite funny actually. Is the US summer scene not pro as it is?

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2012, 10:12:22 PM »
Is the US summer scene not pro as it is?

Allegedly it was. But they reckon there's not as much money being thrown at it now, more of the growth is at entry-level grades because of more Americans taking up the game.

midLouth

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2012, 10:48:31 AM »
I see Joe Sheridan complaining on the twitter machine that the govt are considering cutting the GPA grant money. Is this going to kick things off again?

Croí na hÉireann

• There's Always Next Year...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2012, 12:02:23 PM »
Brian Farrell is at it as well. You couldn't imagine Mick Lyons or Martin O'Connell whinging on the internet about a couple of bob. No wonder Eastmeath are gone soft.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Hardy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2012, 12:57:14 PM »
I have to agree.

sheamy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2012, 02:01:24 PM »
Totally and absolutely pathetic. They're all at it. Threatening what will happen if their grants are cut. The mask slips when the Danegeld is running out.

'I don't think the Government fully understand the potential player power Gaa players could muster if grants are cut AGAIN' Craig Rogers
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 02:03:47 PM by sheamy »

midLouth

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2012, 02:31:19 PM »
@CiaranLen: Dear Enda Kenny, Cut the #GPA grants and you'll see what damage a slurry tanker can do on Grafton St. on Xmas eve. Yours, the players x

@Farlo84: “@patnelis79: should never got it in d first place its a amateur sport GPA a joke” wha bout unemployed players?ther cars won't travel on air

@Squarecut84: @Jskehill01 It's about the principle and to show appreciation for the work put in and millions generated for the economy #taken4granted

@antomasterson1: Don't know what's more shocking, di matteo getting sacked or the government cutting the intercounty player grants AGAIN!!! #joke

Nice sample of comments!

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2012, 02:39:38 PM »
@CiaranLen: Dear Enda Kenny, Cut the #GPA grants and you'll see what damage a slurry tanker can do on Grafton St. on Xmas eve. Yours, the players x

@Farlo84: “@patnelis79: should never got it in d first place its a amateur sport GPA a joke” wha bout unemployed players?ther cars won't travel on air

@Squarecut84: @Jskehill01 It's about the principle and to show appreciation for the work put in and millions generated for the economy #taken4granted

@antomasterson1: Don't know what's more shocking, di matteo getting sacked or the government cutting the intercounty player grants AGAIN!!! #joke

Nice sample of comments!

Jesus wept! Are these lads completely deluded? The country is on its knees and they're giving out about this!?! They could do with kopping themselves om slightly!

Stevie g 8

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2012, 01:47:34 PM »
The GPA sold their sole joining up with the main body.dessie took the money and ran.he,s on a massive salary and in my opinion it was always an elitist organisation doing damn all for the players

Hardy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2012, 02:40:27 PM »
Ah well, they haddock cut at it anyway.

AQMP

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2012, 03:29:50 PM »
It's all feckin' codology

Sportacus

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2012, 06:13:02 PM »
The top players are well enough looked after, sure the All Stars are having a whale of a time in NYC.