FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Looks like indoor capacity is going 50% and no change on outdoor capacity. Prentys hopes of hosting all FBD games in his Connacht GAA dome is looking less likely. Provincial grounds will be option B I can imagine.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 03, 2021, 02:22:58 PM
Looks like indoor capacity is going 50% and no change on outdoor capacity. Prentys hopes of hosting all FBD games in his Connacht GAA dome is looking less likely. Provincial grounds will be option B I can imagine.

What is the capacity for outdoors? Still 50% or has it changed?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Farrandeelin on December 03, 2021, 02:54:11 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on December 03, 2021, 02:22:58 PM

What is the capacity for outdoors? Still 50% or has it changed?

No restrictions at the moment, Lansdowne road had full capacity for games recently. Covid certs might be introduced.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Cunny Funt

Throw in times brought forward because of 8pm government restrictions for anything indoors. Looks like just 300 supporters will be able to attend these matches indoors compared to 5,000 if they were played outdoors.

Leitrim v Sligo is now scheduled for January 3rd.

Blowitupref

Starting teams for tonights FBD Preliminary round.

Sligo
Eammon Kilgannon
Evan Lyons
Peter Laffey
Mickey Gordon
Keelin Cawley
Paul Kilcoyne
David Phillips
Conor Griffin
Paddy O'Connor
David Quinn
Sean Carrabine
Donal Conlon
Alan Reilly
Pat Hughes
Niall Murphy

Leitrim
Brendan Flynn
Paddy Maguire
Mark Diffley
David Bruen
James Rooney
Donal Casey
Jack Heslin
Cillian McGloin
Donal Wrynn
Emlyn Mulligan
Keith Beirne
Nevin O'Donnell
Ryan O'Rourke
Tom Prior
Darragh Rooney

Itchy

I'd say receipts will be higher from streaming as the likes of me will pay 10 euro to watch it online but I wouldn't go to it.

Itchy

Leitrim will have the wind and the hill in the 2nd half

Blowitupref

Half time Leitrim 1-10 Sligo 1-10. Sligo led by 7 points after 20 minutes

Full Time Sligo 1-21 Leitrim 1-17

Rossfan

Ros v Sligo in the Prenty hotairdome on Saturday.
God knows what team/subs we'll have between Pearses and Fáithleachs,  lads left, lads not available and rumours of scatter of 20 and 21 year olds in training with the Senior squad which is rumoured to be 50 strong.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on January 03, 2022, 08:15:16 PM
Ros v Sligo in the Prenty hotairdome on Saturday.
God knows what team/subs we'll have between Pearses and Fáithleachs,  lads left, lads not available and rumours of scatter of 20 and 21 year olds in training with the Senior squad which is rumoured to be 50 strong.

Getting the excuses in early Rossfan?

Rossfan

Just saying well be in experimental mode ;D
Major omerta about who is or isn't on the training panel etc.
Cathal Cregg is retired and possibly Conor Devaney.
O'Rourke, Killoran and Patterson and possibly the 2 Lennons have left the panel.
Mullooly  and Stack injured.
Murray, 3 Dalys and 2 Murtaghs still in Club Championships.

PS I see Pateen Spillane's son to declare for his mother's County -Sligo
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

APM

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 22, 2021, 12:37:54 AM
Throw in times brought forward because of 8pm government restrictions for anything indoors. Looks like just 300 supporters will be able to attend these matches indoors compared to 5,000 if they were played outdoors.

Did the ball hit the roof at any stage last night I wonder?

The PRO

Any footage from last night's game online anywhere?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: APM on January 04, 2022, 10:29:50 AM

Apparently not, was great interest from the national media for that game last night, I can't recall Leitrim v Sligo championship games getting as much coverage.

One good photo from photographer James Crombie. Like a spaceship landed in a field in Mayo

whitey

Quote from: APM on January 04, 2022, 10:29:50 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 22, 2021, 12:37:54 AM

Supposedly the roof is twice the height of the goalposts so it's highly unlikely it will ever happen

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40777617.html