Author Topic: Reccomend Text message system for football team..  (Read 1662 times)

lynchbhoy

• View Profile
Reccomend Text message system for football team..
« on: November 06, 2012, 09:03:00 PM »
Would any of you be able to reccomend a reliable text message system  for use in the Dublin/midlands region - need to send text communications to players over the fothcoming season.

Previous system unreliable.

Any approx costs would be appreciated also!

TIA

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
Re: Reccomend Text message system for football team..
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 09:06:06 PM »
Would any of you be able to reccomend a reliable text message system  for use in the Dublin/midlands region - need to send text communications to players over the fothcoming season.

Previous system unreliable.

Any approx costs would be appreciated also!

TIA
Why do you need a 3rd party system? Can you not set up a send to group on your normal phone and use it (assuming you have unlimited text which is usual on monthly contracts).

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 09:12:29 PM »
Teamer?

lynchbhoy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 09:13:54 PM »
Unlimited texts don't extend to web version.
From my own experience , while I would have unlimited texts, I only have 500 texts per month from webtext.
Not completely convinced its reliable either ( though I wouldn't rule out some of the lazier players saying they never got the text when they actually did!).

Hence the question on third party system - thanks for your answer though.

midLouth

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 09:15:18 PM »
Is it a Gaa team? If so why not the one that is on the club admin site?

lynchbhoy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 09:15:53 PM »
Teamer?
Nah chief - that's the one currently used.
Have found it completely unreliable !

lynchbhoy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 09:17:12 PM »
Is it a Gaa team? If so why not the one that is on the club admin site?
????
No idea what site or system you mean!
Any links/names ?
Tks

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 09:18:27 PM »
Unlimited texts don't extend to web version.
From my own experience , while I would have unlimited texts, I only have 500 texts per month from webtext.
Not completely convinced its reliable either ( though I wouldn't rule out some of the lazier players saying they never got the text when they actually did!).

Hence the question on third party system - thanks for your answer though.
I think you need a 3rd party system.

midLouth

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 09:22:09 PM »
https://people.gaa.ie/admin/login.jsp

Every GAA club in the country has access to the above site, it is used for various admin stuff, player registration, injury claims, team sheets can be printed. There is also a communication section where you can text or email groups or teams. The secretary and one other person has full rights to the system and they can assign several individuals to be able to access the communication section, for texting etc. Every text is recorded, who sent it, what group and if it delivered. The texts are bought in bulk in 5k or 10k, the more you buy the cheaper it becomes.

lynchbhoy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 09:24:58 PM »

Every GAA club in the country has access to the above site, it is used for various admin stuff, player registration, injury claims, team sheets can be printed. There is also a communication section where you can text or email groups or teams. The secretary and one other person has full rights to the system and they can assign several individuals to be able to access the communication section, for texting etc. Every text is recorded, who sent it, what group and if it delivered. The texts are bought in bulk in 5k or 10k, the more you buy the cheaper it becomes.
Thanks for that Midlouth!

Tony b - lol , even though you were prob taking the p**s!

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 09:28:30 PM »
Used teamer b4, was quite good, although i think it charged for txts depending on your phone provider

midLouth

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 09:31:00 PM »

Thanks for that Midlouth!

Tony b - lol , even though you were prob taking the p**s!

No problem, beauty of the system is that all players are registered on the system, if being done right, for the past number of years, so you just need to check and see if the phone numbers have been recorded accurately. The idea is for the GAA to have one central data base of the membership. So only if a player changes number does the system need to be up dated each year, oh and to assign the player to the team you want, obviously you can have lots of different teams on the system, they've put it together really well IMO.

I take for granted everyone knows about this, some club secretaries must be keeping it secret!

amallon

• Mayorbridge GAC - Down Senior Champions 2007
    • View Profile
    • Mayobridge GAC
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 07:48:20 AM »
We use the GAA's management system for text and it's very good. We would have no problem recommending it.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

mick999

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 09:08:03 AM »
Teamer?
Nah chief - that's the one currently used.
Have found it completely unreliable !

I have been using teamer for a couple of years for my 2 kids with 5 different teams and I find it great ..
Organiser for 1 of the teams and just a user for the others, but I haven't had any issues ..

What sort of problems did you have ?

Canalman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 09:15:18 AM »
Have also used Teamer in the past and found it excellent.

Some of the less reliable players would claim "never got the text" when not the case. Maybe OP is basing his opinions on such statements.