Gyms in Belfast

Started by Atticus_Finch, November 01, 2012, 08:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atticus_Finch

Moving to the Lisburn road direction side of town.

Just wondering would anyone have any advice on any decent gyms that side of town. Been told DW gym on Boucher is good but I'm sure it is not cheap at the same time.

Is there any decent gyms in west Belfast ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Minder

This one is on Boucher Road, cheap as chips and supposed to be grand.

http://www.fitspacegyms.co.uk/find-gym/belfast/

DW is about £38 a month I think.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Atticus_Finch

Armaghgeddon

The QUB gym is a good gym, but might be a little far out.

Milltown Row2

Have been going to DW for well over a year now, couldn't see myself going anywhere else in fairness, the gym is well looked after and the facilities are great, though I've only been at the one at Boucher a few times as I normally use Newtownabbey one, but they are both exactly the same.

The classes are great also and you very rarely wait on any of the machines you're looking to use
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

I am out at Yorkgate gym, it was a really cheap deal, £22 per month. It is currently being refurbished (might be done now). It's not Lisburn Rd but it is just off Westlink. Brand new eqp. Haven't been to any classes but there are plenty of them. Plus you have the option of Burger King or the lovely Flicks when you're done...

WeeDonns

I was a member of fit space on the boucher road for a couple of years, just left last month.
It was grand for the money, but it was pretty busy, machines were often out of order and the showers weren't the cleanest. (they refurbished one set, but the water in them is always cold so I used the ones in need of a cleaning as they were warm)

I've joined fitness first out at the abbey centre as its near work. I'm pretty sure they must be the same company as Fitspace as all the machines, fixtures & fittings are identical. Its cleaner though, not as busy and offers loads of free classes.

take_yer_points

The Olympia is £25 per month (or £12 for concession) and gets you unlimited access to fitness suite, swimming pool, sauna, steam room and spa, badminton, squash, table tennis and all classes (spin, circuits, etc...)

It is a city council run gym and when you join one of them you join them all - therefore you would also have access to the following:

Andersonstown Leisure Centre
Avoniel Leisure Centre
Ballysillan Leisure Centre
Falls Leisure Centre
Grove Wellbeing Centre
Indoor Tennis Centre and Ozone Complex
Loughside Recreation Centre
Olympia Leisure Centre
Shankill Leisure Centre
Whiterock Leisure Centre

The Iceman

Atticus, Mark Getty from Draperstown is running a gym in Belfast  -you would probably know him if you're from Dungiven.
It's in Duncairn Gardens in Belfast  - Olympus Gym- hard core training, no egos no bullshit. They have a boxing area too - worth a look....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Atticus_Finch

Thanks everyone for the advice

giveherlong

have you a number for that boy in Duncairn Gardens from Draperstown?

Davy123

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on November 01, 2012, 10:55:06 PM
The QUB gym is a good gym, but might be a little far out.
I use the QUB PEC and it is bunged all the time.  If you are living on Lisburn Rd DW would be a better option.  FitSpace is full of meat heads - I didn't like it from viewing.  DW looked good from viewing.  It is just difficult for me to get to.

Atticus_Finch

Ended up joining DW on the boucher road.  Was impressed enough with the facilities.  Pool, jacuzzi and steam room in addition to a pretty good gym.  Been a member of the PEC before and it is decent and good value but it is always bunged at the times i would be looking to go.  Plus January isn't a million miles away and I know every gym gets pretty busy with the New Years resolution brigade but PEC is a nightmare around then.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on November 14, 2012, 04:23:50 PM
Ended up joining DW on the boucher road.  Was impressed enough with the facilities.  Pool, jacuzzi and steam room in addition to a pretty good gym.  Been a member of the PEC before and it is decent and good value but it is always bunged at the times i would be looking to go.  Plus January isn't a million miles away and I know every gym gets pretty busy with the New Years resolution brigade but PEC is a nightmare around then.

Good man, great spot, would be at the Newtownabbey one most nights, just back there now. You'll not wait on machines or weights, and try out the classes, first class (shit pun)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

playwiththewind1st

If you don't be careful, you will end up transferring up the road to St. Enda's !!!