GAA book for Christmas - Tactics not Passion

Started by emmetryan, October 25, 2012, 12:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Emmet, the mother in law always gets me Armagh gear, this year she is getting me that plus the book, great blog and I look forward to reading your musings.  :D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

emmetryan

writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Lar Naparka

Good luck with the sales, Emmet.
I have just ordered a copy through PayPal and am looking forward to the read.
Beir bua.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

ballinaman

Paddy Wan Kenobi

Purchased the book this morning. Looking forward to reading it as I'm a sucker for tactics books. I must have read Jonathan Wilson's Inverting The Pyramid about the evolution of soccer tactics about a dozen times.

emmetryan

Hi lads,

Thanks for ordering, hope you enjoy it.

All of a Sludden. It's only in a couple of shops. Best way to get it is online from http://originalwriting.ie/bookshop/non-fiction/social-history/tactics-not-passion/ or if you are in Dublin I can meet you and sell you one.

Thanks,
Emmet

emmetryan

Hi guys,

If you want to get the book in time for Christmas and live in Ireland, you need to order it no later than 19 December (Wednesday).

You can order from here: originalwriting.ie/bookshop/non-fiction/social-history/tactics-not-passion/

As I've said before, if you are in Dublin I can meet you in town with it.

Thanks for all your support.
Emmet

ck

Anyone know where I cold read an independent review of this book?

emmetryan

BennyHarp

Emmet - if you don't mind me asking, what's your background in the GAA?
That was never a square ball!!

emmetryan

Dad was secretary in Kilmacud Crokes for 16 years so most of my childhood was spent going to matches. Played hurling and football with Crokes, was an awful player but fortunate to play on good teams. Wrote about it on and off with few people paying me. On the upside, I was a good ref.

emmetryan

Wednesday is the last day people can order a copy by post if they want one in time for Christmas. Thank you all for your support so far, here's my final push before the festive season.

http://action81.com/blog/?p=6510

As ever, I will meet anyone in Dublin city centre to sell them a copy if they like.

ck

I pobably will buy a copy Emmet but I usually like to read a critical review first

emmetryan

No worries, that's why I linked to the Times one. There's a link to the Business Post's one in that last link as well.