Celtic Park Thread

Started by Atticus_Finch, October 21, 2012, 09:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atticus_Finch

Has your marriage broken down ?  Have you been involved in a car accident ?  Did your child not get into his/her university of choice ?

Did you wake up beside an absolute sea donkey & violate the sacred "If you can't lift them, don't shift them" commandment ?

If you have ever experienced any of the above scenarios then the likelihood is that this was the direct result of a match being staged at Celtic Park !

If that match had been staged in Glen then those scenarios described above would not have happened and you would be leading a much happier life.

This thread is for all those true Derry gaels who need to get a "Why is this match staged at Celtic Park" rant off their chest.

Can we please keep Celtic Park moans/whinges off the main "Derry Club Football and Hurling" thread - it gives other counties an insight into why we are arguably one of the worst supported counties in Ireland !

For what it's worth despite having to travel a considerable distance to get to games staged in Celtic Park i'm happy to continue to do so for two reasons:

1. As someone has already pointed out on the main thread in terms of spectator facilities, press facilities and quality of the pitch; Celtic Park is a good county ground.

2. A lot of work seems to have been going into develop gaelic games in the city and to take away the big games from Celtic Park would send out the wrong signals.  I think for Derry to be successful as a county again then continued development and promotion of gaelic games in the city is key.  You only have to look back at some of the very successful soccer players the city has produced down through the years, easier said than done but ..... if that same conveyor belt of talent could be established for gaelic games then the county would be in a lot healthier shape.

That's the last I have to say on the whole Celtic Park saga, i'll let you lads who are caused so much trouble and turmoil by games being staged at Celtic Park have your say ...
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

screenexile

I had planned to go to the game yesterday but went out and got full on Saturday night and died a death . . .

Thanks Celtic Park ye bastard!!

real food, real people

knock it down te feck and build houses on it!

Dolans are waiting on it becoming vacant and then they're going to squat in it......

Kobayashi

Hand it over to Derry City FC

theticklemister

Atticus_Finch

Everywhere I go today I can't avoid hearing about 2013 and Derry being the city of culture !

Tickle I'm expecting a higher calibre of half time entertainment at Celtic Park during 2013 from yourself, hi mucker and the rest of the city slickers !

If games were being held in Glen the half time entertainment would be the best in the world. FACT !!!

theticklemister

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on October 23, 2012, 09:04:47 PM
Everywhere I go today I can't avoid hearing about 2013 and Derry being the city of culture !

Tickle I'm expecting a higher calibre of half time entertainment at Celtic Park during 2013 from yourself, hi mucker and the rest of the city slickers !

If games were being held in Glen the half time entertainment would be the best in the world. FACT !!!

I dont think youll get much from me ttytt next year. Hi mucker and shantygael may do a jig at half time and we may hear a few renditions of God Save the Queen to get the crowd going.

real food, real people

By the sound of it they have shut this place down already! try and book a game on it and see!

trasna man

Quote from: real food, real people on October 25, 2012, 04:45:35 PM
By the sound of it they have shut this place down already! try and book a game on it and see!
I refereed a Ulster colleges final in the park this morning Dungiven v Buncrana with the surs winning by 6

theticklemister

Quote from: trasna man on October 25, 2012, 04:54:11 PM
I refereed a Ulster colleges final in the park this morning Dungiven v Buncrana with the surs winning by 6

...........and so the power play continues ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

real food, real people

Wonder why I was told I couldnt book it as it was closed for repair work.

trasna man

Quote from: real food, real people on October 26, 2012, 11:19:58 AM
Its how and who you ask ;) sure there are two matches in the park tomorrow

real food, real people

Quote from: trasna man on October 26, 2012, 11:53:56 AM
Quote from: real food, real people on October 26, 2012, 11:19:58 AM
Its how and who you ask ;) sure there are two matches in the park tomorrow

Maybe its because i aint in the clique?

shantygael

Quote from: real food, real people on October 23, 2012, 03:27:48 PM
knock it down te feck and build houses on it!

Dolans are waiting on it becoming vacant and then they're going to squat in it......
i'll go for that,suits me
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

Atticus_Finch

Celtic Park is proud to host Hi Mucker's wedding reception tomorrow.

He hopes to see all gaels there, especially south derry gaels and has laid on buses to help with the arduous trip.