Pat McEnaney wants more players sent off!

Started by Premier Emperor, October 19, 2012, 12:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: Asal Mor on August 15, 2013, 04:28:17 PM
It seems to be fairly unanimous (bar a few dissenters on this board) among hurling people that some of the red cards this year have been unneccesary, and the refs need to take it easy with the cards. I think Pat was right about last year though. A few very dangerous strokes, a couple that left players with serious injuries, went unpunished.

Didn't you get the memo? Everyone knows a yellow card when they see it in hurling and a red card is even easier to spot.

NAG1

Quote from: deiseach on August 22, 2013, 01:07:49 PM
It seems to be fairly unanimous (bar a few dissenters on this board) among hurling people that some of the red cards this year have been unneccesary, and the refs need to take it easy with the cards. I think Pat was right about last year though. A few very dangerous strokes, a couple that left players with serious injuries, went unpunished.

Didn't you get the memo? Everyone knows a yellow card when they see it in hurling and a red card is even easier to spot.

It probably helped this year with KK going out early, therefore the level of dangerous/ rough fouls has dropped - coincidence I think not. Everyone is screaming about Henry getting the first yellow and it was for nothing. The player with the ball in hand left Henry for dead and his response was to strike the players hurl, BK (of whom I am no fan) was completely spot on giving the yellow for it, as it was a striking motion.

Henry and KK only have themselves to blame, the were caught on the hop and if they are looking to the refs then they are clutching at straws.

Rossfan

Nicky Brennan has been moaning about hurling refs also  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Premier Emperor

The Kilkenny PR machine has been really slow this year!
Eddie Keher and Eddie O'Connor disappeared back in July.

A month after they get knocked out we hear a few grunts from Dumb and Dumber aka the Comerford brothers and Nickey Brennan...
Brennan who hasn't been seen or heard of since he groped the Queen in Croke Park 2 years.

Cody never even got around to making his annual threats to referees in the media.

This has been an annus horribilis for Kilkenny on the hurling and propaganda front.  ;D

Asal Mor

;D You're some pr!ck PE. Fair bit of truth in it all the same. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: deiseach on August 22, 2013, 01:07:49 PM

This memo?

MEMO
TO: All hurling referees
DATE:26/02/13
RE: Everyone knows a yellow card when they see it in hurling and a red card is even easier to spot.

Lads I've fcuked up, I have decided to let hurling men look after hurling, Dickie will be taking over and from now on and I'll stick to something I know, bogball.

I miss refereeing and scratching my nose before throwing the ball in the air at the start of every game!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Plain of the Herbs

Today's 'Daily Cork'
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/give-refs-more-freedom-241339.html

Liam Dunne wants referees to use less whistle.  Of course he would, after he sent out a team to sledge all before them against Dublin.  And as a player he hardly ever hit the ball when hitting the man would do. 

This is hardly news.  It might be newsworthy if Dunne took the opposite side of the argument, but not this.